• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What Cohen should have said to Jim Jordan after he spent several minutes angrily calling Cohen a liar and talking down to him:

"You clearly have strong morals and ethics, sir. A pity they were absent at Ohio State."

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Are they participating? Remember one of the GOP members mentioned never having heard of Cohen until Wednesday.

....yes I know they're actually participating

You joke, but is there even any requirement for them to show up? The best they can do is run interference and try to kill time during questioning, since they're only interested in derailing an investigation, not resolving one. I imagine most of them have better things to do, so you might be right. They might just bail.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, yet he is still doing his thing.

Nunes probably has the most to worry about than any other GOP politician due to him being an active member on Trump's election team and then his absolute treasonous behavior in 2017 and early 2018 (same in the senate for Burr). His time will come and I await Schiff grilling this bastard in their committee once the dominoes really start dropping.

You joke, but is there even any requirement for them to show up? The best they can do is run interference and try to kill time during questioning, since they're only interested in derailing an investigation, not resolving one. I imagine most of them have better things to do, so you might be right. They might just bail.

I wish I could remember who it was, it may have been Eric Swalwell, but in an interview on MSNBC or CNN following the closed hearings, they said that the GOP members that were in there were far more behaved and not angling for Fox News soundbites so they were able to get a lot more done and things went by much more swiftly.
So the GOP is still involved, but their theatrics seem to be far more muted in closed sessions.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nunes probably has the most to worry about than any other GOP politician due to him being an active member on Trump's election team and then his absolute treasonous behavior in 2017 and early 2018 (same in the senate for Burr). His time will come and I await Schiff grilling this bastard in their committee once the dominoes really start dropping.

I wish I could remember who it was, it may have been Eric Swalwell, but in an interview on MSNBC or CNN following the closed hearings, they said that the GOP members that were in there were far more behaved and not angling for Fox News soundbites so they were able to get a lot more done and things went by much more swiftly.
So the GOP is still involved, but their theatrics seem to be far more muted in closed sessions.

Indeed but in the meantime, he's still privy to confidential information. Nunes recently said that everything about Muellers investigation should become public including sources and methods.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

I can only see him continuing to operate the way he does because he's in a state of denial. Any reasonable human being without blinders on, looking at the way the rest of the chips are going to fall, should realize that continuing to run interference now, especially if it's violating laws, is just building up to more charges on the day of reckoning. The fact that he's acting like that's not going to happen means he's probably a psychopath, and it hasn't even occurred to him that he's not untouchable.