• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like it's hard to come forward or something. Weird.
I mean if you fuck a person's life up, I'm sure it's equally if not harder to come forward with the lie, so I'm sure there aren't hard statistics on false accusations either. Emmett tills murderer (yes murderer. Not by her hand but she surely got him killed) waited until her deathbed.

What comes to mind is the actor Merlin Santana who got murder because a teenage girl said she was sexally assaulted . And I should have mentioned it was pertaining to rape not assault when it comes to Jail. My bad.

What comes to my mind is Brian Banks (locked up for around 5 years), the Duke lacrosse team (falsely accused of rape and facing jail time), Emmet till, and countless other unknown Emmett tills.

All this being said I read the full Hollywood reporter article and I'm leaning on the side of her story being true now.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Facts. Something I have been saying and telling people. People act like no one ever went to jail or worst ended up dead over false accusations. Plenty of stories of people coming out jail doing years over false accusations.
i would rather focus on the 322 thousand rapes (84% of which were women)and sexual assaults that happened in 2016 then a handful dudes who got fucked by the system, they are all victims of our terrible culture that surrounds sexual abuse. Keep stanning for making it harder for women to be believed and come forward.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes, yes. If there's no physical evidence, witnesses, admission of any kind, or other victims to establish a pattern, there's not really anything for a neutral third party to go on.

How do you have witnesses?

So all victims are screwed.

Even with physical evidence

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/07/16/untested-rape-kits-evidence-across-usa/29902199/

Out_Of_1000_Rapes%20122016.png

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I mean, yes, the man has a history and has been sent to rehab, but cooler heads need to prevail. All the previously all are likely guilty, but there will always be a nagging feeling in the back of my head that there are one or two false allegations that fell through the cracks. Not trying to defend his or anyones supposed actions, and I honestly hate the phrase witch hunt because this sort of crackdown was a good time coming, but if they start shooting down anyone and everyone with a penis, then I might not be so against it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Rape/sexual assault is incredibly hard to prosecute due to how difficult it can be to provide evidence of a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt so yeah, the chances of someone getting away with it are incredibly high. But this story isn't about either...

I mean if you fuck a person's life up, I'm sure it's equally if not harder to come forward with the lie, so I'm sure there aren't hard statistics on false accusations either. Emmett tills murderer (yes murderer. Not by her hand but she surely got him killed) waited until her deathbed.

What comes to my mind is Brian Banks (locked up for around 5 years), the Duke lacrosse team (falsely accused of rape and facing jail time), Emmet till, and countless other unknown Emmett tills.

All this being said I read the full Hollywood reporter article and I'm leaning on the side of her story being true now.
Also likely with black wall street/Greenwood/Tulsa race riot but like Till that's weighted more on racism which a bunch of racist fucks looking for any excuse to do what they did.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Weird this act of wanking in front of a woman in some work type environment like Louis CK and maybe Weinstein (lost track)?

I know some will say power but it's still bizarre, you would completely horrify the woman you're attracted to, at best she might try to just laugh in bewilderment and run, it's utterly embarrassing for everyone and the man looks a complete fool and a loser. If she confides in friends then even more people will be off with you.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That's a terrible response. A smart person would say it is terrible if anyone is to be falsely accused of anything. It is that type of mentality that is going to result in a hard push back the other way. We absolutely need to weed out this type of behavior amongst men but when it begins to appear okay for false accusations to exist it will hurt the movement which will then enable men like this to continue doing what they do. I wish people would realize that when you demand fairness, you must also demonstrate the same behavior.

I should develop my post. The question was more in line with how she thought about false accusation, she of course thought it was horrible and it set the movement back, but between choosing that #metoo happened or not, she more or less said what I posted.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, the court case talk is getting really annoying in these topics. Seriously, nobody is talking about court cases. If the topic is about a court case, then maybe, but if not, who gives a fuck what the legalities are?

All this drama about not convicting someone without evidence, to not start a legal 'witch hunt', is really hypocritical. They're almost always the only ones bringing up criminal laws and legal evidence requirements. Most of the #metoo stuff isn't about bringing someone to justice in a courthouse. So just stop with the legal evidence bullshit. This is about deciding who to believe in these he said she said situations. That's where the discussion is framed. So argue what you believe in these scenarios, not how to get a conviction in the court of law.

That said, I feel hesitant to condemn in this case, because it's still only one accuser. From the story, it doesn't seem like it would have been a one off thing, so I'll wait for more accusers to come out before I write off Michael Douglas for myself.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as that earlier tweet derailed this thread - this is doing the same. There's no mention of rape. This needs to go in its own topic as its got nothing to do with the MD accusation

It actually is relevant because you all keep saying that you won't believe her without more evidence, but even with more evidence, that's not enough. You would think that rape would be easier to prove than this situation, and look at the statistics for it.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Also likely with black wall street/Greenwood/Tulsa race riot but like Till that's weighted more on racism which a bunch of racist fucks looking for any excuse to do what they do.
America does have a history of white women using rape as way to incite lynchings of black men. That is way more on the side of racism then, believing women. Some people will jump at the chance to fuck up people of color.

White women and black women accusing a white dude in power. You get em girl.

All of this is either here nor there.
This is about Michael Douglas being a douche through drinking and now also an alleged pervert to his female employees.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Rape/sexual assault is incredibly hard to prosecute due to how difficult it can be to provide evidence of a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt so yeah, the chances of someone getting away with it are incredibly high. But this story isn't about either...

Also likely with black wall street/Greenwood/Tulsa race riot but like Till that's weighted more on racism which a bunch of racist fucks looking for any excuse to do what they did.
This goes back to my initial statement that women will lie about sexual impropriety and the repercussions are very real. Doesnt matter if her racist boyfriend or husband was looking for an excuse. She definitely provided it.

Nowadays people are out for justice. No one wants a rapist or abuser to get off. I'm not going to get swept away and believe everything though.

Once again I say this after having read the hr article and shifting my belief more to the woman's side of things in this case.

Oh yeah, and I thought that piece of shit (tills murderer) was dead but she's not apparently. Correction on my part.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Legit question, why do these women not leave the minute that they have someone unzip and jerk off in front of them?

That's one thing about some of these accounts that's weird to me. Not trying to downplay what they went through as I know people who have had this happen to them, but they left the minute the penis came out. Why stick around?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I never once in my life have thought, "Lemme whip out my cock and start jerking it. That will surely turn her on".

The fuck is wrong with these people? Who raised them?

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
Legit question, why do these women not leave the minute that they have someone unzip and jerk off in front of them?

That's one thing about some of these accounts that's weird to me. Not trying to downplay what they went through as I know people who have had this happen to them, but they left the minute the penis came out. Why stick around?

I mean everyone is talking about how crazy and weird the masterbating in front of someone suddenly thing is. If you were in that situation you might be thinking about how crazy it is that this person is doing this. If they are that brazen and crazy maybe they will get violent if you try to leave. Freezing up is a self defense move.

PorkandBeans

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Okay, with the foresight that I may be wandering into "No? Just me?" territory, has nobody else ever fantasized about being caught masturbating and having it lead to something? Or catching someone else in the act? A rational person understands actually doing this won't play out as they imagine. I wouldn't think this is an uncommon fantasy, nor would it surprise me that powerful people in Hollywood, who are used to having people wantonly throw themselves at them, would try and make their fantasy a reality. And, maybe it has worked for them before. We're only hearing from the people who are rightfully disgusted by it.

Of course, that's why I kick open doors every chance I get.

But like you said about rational people, I guess even with money and power I wouldn't have the (exposed) balls to try something like that. I mean if it was a wife or girlfriend sure but a co-worker or complete stranger? I'd have to be out of my mind.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
What comes to mind is the actor Merlin Santana who got murder because a teenage girl said she was sexally assaulted . And I should have mentioned it was pertaining to rape not assault when it comes to Jail. My bad.
Why is the first thing that comes to your mind the exception rather than the rule? No offense, it's just that should tell you that maybe your thoughts are in the wrong place regarding this if that's what immediately comes to mind.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what some of these guys think is going to happen when they pull their wiener out in front of chicks like that. Do they think she's going to be delighted and start going to town or do they just get off on the reaction regardless of where it leads?
Well, there was a episode of HIMYM about something similar.. the naked man move.. 2/3 times. I wonder how that episode would now be viewed in todays situation.

PorkandBeans

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well, there was a episode of HIMYM about something similar.. the naked man move.. 2/3 times. I wonder how that episode would now be viewed in todays situation.

I think it was 1/3 but yeah that's a good point. While the episode is still funny it'd probably get raked over the coals if it first aired today. In the show though at least it was in the context of a date/relationship.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly would like to see charts and percentage of award winning actors who have accoused sexually harassing someone. It seems to be growing every day now.

Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was 1/3 but yeah that's a good point. While the episode is still funny it'd probably get raked over the coals if it first aired today. In the show though at least it was in the context of a date/relationship.
I also think the show would get lambasted (at least here) if it aired today, especially since it was always to be used "on the first date" (and I think your right with the 1/3)

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Member warned: Offensive and disingenuous comparison.
i would rather focus on the 322 thousand rapes (84% of which were women)and sexual assaults that happened in 2016 then a handful dudes who got fucked by the system, they are all victims of our terrible culture that surrounds sexual abuse. Keep stanning for making it harder for women to be believed and come forward.
I understand your logic, but it's flawed. It's like saying fuck the minority. By your logic African Americans shouldn't be cared for despite the abuse they have experienced in the history of the United States. Why not make a system of accountability where it protects both? No one is guilty until proven so.

OP
OP
hansel

hansel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I understand your logic, but it's flawed. It's like saying fuck the minority. By your logic African Americans shouldn't be cared for despite the abuse they have experienced in the history of the United States. Why not make a system of accountability where it protects both? No one is guilty until proven so.

The lengths some people will go to.

9yeDo.gif

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Such a fucked up way of thinking. This isn't a "would rather" situation, anyway.

You claim to care for victims, obviously, but the chance of creating a few new victims as collateral damage in your crusade doesn't seem to bother you.

giannisdagod

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm gonna go ahead and take the side of Innocent until proven guilty. That being said Hollywood culture continues to disgust

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So you agree with me? Looks like even more victims are immediately screwed than I thought. I suppose witnesses would be other victims, people who saw similar behaviour, people she may have immediately confided in...

On another note, what is it with people masturbating in front of others? I don't get it. Lots of messed up sex stuff I don't get though.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
If Michael Douglas likes to randomly whip it out in front of women, there will probably be others coming forward.

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She claims he used sexual language in front of her, including openly discussing extra-marital affairs, while she was running the firm's New York office.

She alleged he masturbated in front of her during a one-on-one script meeting in his apartment in 1989 and that she rushed out, feeling humiliated.

"I realised he thought he could do anything he wanted because he was so much more powerful than I was," she said, adding that she ran home and vowed to never be alone with him again. She finished working for him later that year.

I don't understand why utter inanity is included beside a very serious accusation.

All it serves to do is dilute and distract.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Men are an oppressive force on women. African Americans are also a minority and are oppressed. The system of accountability we have now doesnt care about either of those groups because we protect the oppressor from undue harm more then them. i dont care or have time to worry about oppressors feelings even when i am included. We would rather see hundreds of thousands of women be assaulted then change then force change that will only affect a handful of men in comparison. I want to lower the total number of victims and they are suuuuuuuch a tiny fucking % it shouldnt be effecting the conversation. because jail time and convictions are sooo small and false accusations are soo small within that.

322k (based on the NCVS 2016 report) victims are abused, given the evidence we have from rainn. Only 2254 will be convicted of felonies and 1932 of those will serve jail time.

Oct 28, 2017
Beerse, Belgium
what's with all these men masturbating in front of women? maybe they think that with not touching the other person, it doesn't count as sexual harassment

anyway, let this be researched fully and if MD did this, let him be punished

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Because of experience, that's why.
I can understand that, it's totally natural to have a bias because of personal experiences. It is important though to recognize our bias in the face of evidence to the contrary. The vast, vast majority of women are not making false accusations with the intent of harming people and it isn't wise to believe otherwise.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
In that case every guy and girl at work sexually harass each other basically every day.

Read my follow-up post, sourced from the EEOC, where it's clear that a pattern of such harassment must be established for it to rise to an illegal activity.

No one is going to sue you or get you fired if you accidentally say the wrong thing once or twice (and understand that doing so in the workplace is not acceptable).

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Some of the stuff she said about language I think MD addressed quite well. She never said it was directed at her. As for her accusations about blacklisitng etc, he also made it quite clear he didn't. As for the masturbation, who knows. That said, I beleve his account more than I do hers.

As noted above, sexual harassment does not have to be directed at an individual in order to foster a hostile work environment.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Probably.

It's work. Shut your mouth unless it's about work. Nobody wants to hear it anyways.
Not sure that's true. It's surely not just my workplace where conversation about folks sex lives is a common topic. It generates banter and creates a more relaxed atmosphere so long as it's with the right people.

Obvs masturbating in front of someone who doesn't want you too is horrific though. What a scumbag.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
I can understand that, it's totally natural to have a bias because of personal experiences. It is important though to recognize our bias in the face of evidence to the contrary. The vast, vast majority of women are not making false accusations with the intent of harming people and it isn't wise to believe otherwise.
If I came off bias, apologies. That was not my intent. I like to go about things on a wait and see approach. I listen first, and then go from there. The fact that we are having this discussion is good.