• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
Excellent, loved his stuff in the past and will be good to get a new take on the Batman score

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
His M:I work is probably my favorite. He did 3 and ghost protocol, both great scores and ost.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Wow a huge get. Giacchino is an incredible talent; singlehandley taking over disneyland park and California adventure as well and rightfully so.

His space mountain theme is a near daily play for me.

Edit: and MI:3 is soo underrated.

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for something low key and noir inspired.

The music in BvS was such a dumpster fire along with everything else in this movie.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they need to work very hard on the script and the action.

The music doesn't really matter to me unless it's awful. MG almost always does good work so that's an easy check box checked off.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
This was basically a given. Reeves and Giacchino are frequent collaborators.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly find his music to be quite pedestrian, Rogue One was awful, nothing like Starwars. Hope to be surprised though, and hopefully avoid being forgettable like the MCU movies.

Wish Elfman would return.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Is it too early to make avatar bets on whether or not the new series of films are better than Nolan's? After all, he only had one great one.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I like his work. I actually bought a track from a Medal of Honor game he scored way back. May have been my first iTunes purchase haha.

Honestly find his music to be quite pedestrian, Rogue One was awful, nothing like Starwars. Hope to be surprised though, and hopefully avoid being forgettable like the MCU movies.

IIRC his Rogue One score was very last minute after Desplat left and the reshoots reworked the movie.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks torre_avenue . I really couldn't understand half of what they were saying. :P

Giacc phones it in every now and then, but when's great, he's GREAT.

Anyone that would work Star Wars is probably constrained by the fact that they have to make the music sound like John Williams.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
I hope he scores it more Like Elfman's score and less like the rest of the comic book films in the like 20 years. We badly need a return of the icon theme music, between Elfman's Batman and Williams Superman, nothing has come remotely close.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Always felt like he could do a Superman score justice based on Spidey and The Incredibles. But a think he will do fine with Batman.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think he's easily the most overrated composer of his generation, but he can still bring it from time to time.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx

Ugh completely forgot he did Rouge One's score. That was the most amateur low quality shit ever. I remember spitting out my popcorn when the title screen came up and we were greeted to that video game quality screech he called music for the title theme.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah sadly he's lost his gift. We badly need a new generation of composers to take up the old torch.
For sure. After hearing the production mess that was Justice League and then finding out that Junkie XL was replaced by Elfman my hype couldn't have been deleted anymore than it already was. Junkie XL is like baby Zimmer and I love Zimmer.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The better question at this point is which films is this guy NOT scoring? I greatly admire this man's hustle.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Have been a fan of Michael since I heard Roar at the end credits of Cloverfield