• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
It's not admiration, it's a disgust at how quick so many are to insult and disaparage the first black family and Michelle Obama specifically, for not being as vindictive and full of inane bloodlust as so many are.
people just don't appreciate that she is buddy buddy with a war criminal, is not too hard to understand.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go away Michelle, the entire Middle East isn't buying the PR

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I want Bush to be held accountable for his crimes. I would want Michelle to, at least, not say "Our values are the same"
Yeah I mean there's not much she can personally do and I'm not mad at her for being courteous to him at official functions but she also doesn't need to carry water for him outside of that shit

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
I'm not going to ignore you lol stop asking for that.
And nah, I'm still of the position that Bush ain't shit. His aids program wasn't shit either so nah I'm not rating him for that. He's destroyed far too many for me to try to even out the scales.
But go on, do whatever. Don't even know why you tried to bring nuance to him of all people.

Peace..

You can hold whatever position you want. You don't get to scream, or whatever the fuck you meant to convey with that all caps post, at others who choose not to cancel Bush. You wouldn't do that shit to me or Michelle in real life, I guarantee you that.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do like how everyone is just casually ignoring the post where someone says Obama is a war criminal, but "ironically Trump is not"

People sure do love to sprout "Donald the Dove" shit unironically around here recently.

Oct 25, 2017
You can hold whatever position you want. You don't get to scream, or whatever the fuck you meant to convey with that all caps post, at others who choose not to cancel Bush.
On that same token, you don't get to excuse what he did by bringing ''nuance'' to try and rationalise the discussion here, hence my all caps post.
It's almost like many just want to ignore that the guy started a forever war with false pretences. Which his successor did little to almost nothing to deescalate.

Whatever bruv..we've said our peace.

And yeah, i would do that to you or Michelle, spare me the internet tough guy bullshit. "Guarantee" lmfao

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
You can hold whatever position you want. You don't get to scream, or whatever the fuck you meant to convey with that all caps post, at others who choose not to cancel Bush. You wouldn't do that shit to me in real life, I guarantee you that.
Damn, Surrender Dorothy wrote a post in caps. Almost as bad aa destroying a region of the Middle East and killing a million people. Glad to see that you're reserving your ire for people who aren't civil enough, as opposed to say War Criminals and those who defend them. Glad your priorities are straight.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I do like how everyone is just casually ignoring the post where someone says Obama is a war criminal, but "ironically Trump is not"

People sure do love to sprout "Donald the Dove" shit unironically around here recently.
I didn't even wanna bother with that one lol

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bush gets to lead a happy life of comfort and luxury after his war crimes. He isn't entitled to be famously loved and adored by everyone

Oct 27, 2017
You can hold whatever position you want. You don't get to scream, or whatever the fuck you meant to convey with that all caps post, at others who choose not to cancel Bush. You wouldn't do that shit to me or Michelle in real life, I guarantee you that.
typing in all caps, the true war crime I see, good to see you finally being offended about something

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ok, Donald Trump is a war criminal and that poster is wrong for saying otherwise. Who cares about that one poster? Thread's moving so fast I didn't even see him till you pointed it out.

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely disagree with Michele comments however her and her husband did great things for America and are a shining example to admire.

Bush is still awful.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
At this accelerated rate of global condemnation I'm taking bets: What's the over-under for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to be officially declared a garbage trash boomer nazi by our community? 2021, 2023? Bettors, bare in mind that Michelle Obama went from being practically universally beloved and defended here, to being loudly despised in a matter of ~30 months in which she spent almost all of that time as a private citizen mostly out of the public eye, save for scattered interviews and formal public appearances.

Michelle Obama's charges are thus:
  • She shared candy once with George W. Bush at a funeral, so by the laws of war-crimes-electricity-rule, she ate war crime candy and is thus guilty
  • She's married to Barack Obama, and so as we know, war crimes are shared like sexually transmitted viruses, so at least 30-40% of her cells have drone program virus DNA in them
  • Famed public policy and social commentary periodical PEOPLE MAGAZINE wrote a supposed-to-be-feel-good-nonsense-throwaway-article about her where they mentioned her congeniality with George W. Bush, the former face of the Republican Party, at a time when partisan antipathy is highest in nearly 150 years in an obvious attempt (to anybody who lets their brain work before their mouth makes sounds or their fingers start typing letters) to show how the current face of the Republican Party, Donald Trump is incapable of finding common ground among his political opponents. Mrs. Obama, nee' Robinson, presented a fairly parochial milquetoast appraisal of why she and Pres. Bush occasionally share candy together at funerals. While being a vixen to war criminals is grievous, this is certainly her highest offense.
Taking bets now with the over/under set at Dec. 12, 2022. Will adjust the line progressively.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe you a nigga on Beyoncé's internet defending George W Bush 😂🥴

you hate to see it

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
And so the attempts at rewriting history RE Bush continues.

Trump was the best thing to happen to his legacy, because everyone and their mother is bending backwards to try and repaint who he was and still is.

yeah...most people should be old enough to remember how despised Bush was especially nearing the end of his term. domestic (the extreme expansion of the security state, the botching of katrina, etc), foreign (literally everything he did minus aid to African countries that you can honestly look at as a PR move) all democrats were chanting "never again" and now we're here.

when asked to keep that same energy folks can't do it now that the PR machine has been in full swing and one of the democrats idols is friends with him. folks really aint about shit.

Dec 12, 2017
A lot of ERA ain't just shit. I think it's time for me to start adding to my ignore list for the first time on any site ever.

Between this thread and the Boyega thread, I'm seeing all I need to see of "progressive" Era. A lot of progressive racism is what I'm seeing. Nuance is harder than black and white, and reality is harder than these people's cartoon-like head canon.

We see you.
Yup, it's funny seeing a bunch of white people cancel the Black First Family. Fuck outta here. She's friends with him, what's the big deal?

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Damn, Surrender Dorothy wrote a post in caps. Almost as bad aa destroying a region of the Middle East and killing a million people. Glad to see that you're reserving your ire for people who aren't civil enough, as opposed to say War Criminals and those who defend them. Glad your priorities are straight.

Have you forgotten the thread where Chelsea Clinton was getting "screamed" at by a young muslim woman after the NZ mosque massacre

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok, Donald Trump is a war criminal and that poster is wrong for saying otherwise. Who cares about that one poster? Thread's moving so fast I didn't even see him till you pointed it out.

Yea, I do considering it's been the recent view of a mod that Trump hasn't been a disaster for the world and was literally spouting "Donald the Dove" propaganda, which in the recent context of people calling Obama a fucking war criminal is starting to look extremely suspect.

I'm actually pretty interested on where this whole "Obama is a war criminal" thing started. Cause like six months ago it was pretty much fringe and would have been laughed out of a thread, now it's like anyone who wants to be seen needs to say it.

Oct 25, 2017

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's funny seeing a bunch of white people cancel the Black First Family. Fuck outta here. She's friends with him, what's the big deal?

I'm Asian and multiple black people are in this thread are opposing her saying this. What's with this awful attempt to classify this as "racism"?

Its really sad that people like you treat the death of a million people like a joke. I guess that the deaths of iraqis is just "haha cancel culture" now.

Seems more and more "cancel" is just a deflection so people can ignore criticisms.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Saying "Thus" doesn't actually mean you've made an argument.

Whether or not she could prosecute George Bush has nothing to do with the crimes he committed. Whether or not said crimes are reported in American history books has nothing do with the crimes he committed. You haven't given a single reason for explaining why she couldn't hold him accountable, let alone a reason for defending him.
How can she hold him accountable in a dignified way becoming her station as a former first lady and would not be against her faith?

I want Bush to be held accountable for his crimes. I would want Michelle to, at least, not say "Our values are the same"
She said she bonded with him over their children and family and that with regards to love and compassion, (likely implied from what she learned as they discussed their family) their values are the same.

I'm not defending George Bush. That's not prerogative. I'm defending Michelle literally preaching and practicing "love thy neighbor."

Oct 27, 2017
At this accelerated rate of global condemnation I'm taking bets: What's the over-under for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to be officially declared a garbage trash boomer nazi by our community? 2021, 2023? Bettors, bare in mind that Michelle Obama went from being practically universally beloved and defended here, to being loudly despised in a matter of ~30 months in which she spent almost all of that time as a private citizen mostly out of the public eye, save for scattered interviews and formal public appearances.

• She shared candy once with George W. Bush at a funeral, so by the laws of war-crimes-electricity-rule, she ate war crime candy and is thus guilty
  • She's married to Barack Obama, and so as we know, war crimes are shared like sexually transmitted viruses, so at least 30-40% of her cells have drone program virus DNA in them
  • Famed public policy and social commentary periodical PEOPLE MAGAZINE wrote a supposed-to-be-feel-good-nonsense-throwaway-article about her where they mentioned her congeniality with George W. Bush, the former face of the Republican Party, at a time when partisan antipathy is highest in nearly 150 years in an obvious attempt (to anybody who lets their brain work before their mouth makes sounds or their fingers start typing letters) to show how the current face of the Republican Party, Donald Trump is incapable of finding common ground among his political opponents. Mrs. Obama, nee' Robinson, presented a fairly parochial milquetoast appraisal of why she and Pres. Bush occasionally share candy together at funerals. While being a vixen to war criminals is grievous, this is certainly her highest offense.
Taking bets now with the over/under set at Dec. 12, 2022. Will adjust the line progressively.
what a long comment for something that could be resumed as "lol triggered snowflakes". Just say what you really want to say

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I'm taking the over, but only because 2022 is just too soon

what a long comment for something that could be resumed as "lol triggered snowflakes". Just say what you really want to say

IE: "Wow someone took effort into their post that I disagree with, lol better shit post!"

Oct 25, 2017
More and more I'm being proven by some that politics are purely aesthetic.
And that's bloody disappointing.

To even suggest that this plays into "cancel culture", again, ignoring the dynamics at play here, says quite a lot

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She cannot prosecute George Bush. He was not impeached, convicted or removed from office. As a result, 20 years from now, not a single textbook teaching children American history will refer to him as a war criminal.

Thus, the onus is not on Michelle Obama to hold him accountable. She should not alter her consistent message for the sake of Era.

The fact that you're joking about drone strikes shows all there is about your faux outrage.

The official policy of the George W. Bush administration was to torture enemy prisoners. Literally torture.

The onus is absolutely on Michelle Obama to hold him accountable. There's no debate about whether or not torture is wrong. There's no debate about intentionally fabricating intelligence to lie America into a war for oil, one which cost thousands of American lives, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives, and which left the entire region destabilized. I wouldn't associate with someone who had been involved in these things.

Both Bush and Barack Obama should be in the Hague, if we're being honest.

BTW, George W. Bush is absolutely going to be known in the history books as a war criminal. Aside from a few centrists who have tried to rehabilitate his image, he is despised by most Democrats, and by his own party even more so. He was a worse president than Donald Trump has been so far.

Mr.Arrow

Dec 6, 2018
Bush legacy is shit, but yet Michelle keep appeasing him like "he's not that bad as a person"...

Its just a big fat fucking slap in the face to anyone that has been suffering under bush administration.

Oct 25, 2017
Bush legacy is shit, but yet Michelle keep appeasing him like "he's not that bad of a person"...

Its just a big fat fucking slap in the face to anyone that has been suffering under bush administration.
Some members here will continue to wonder why we're pissed off tho.
As if to suggest the answer isn't staring at them right in the face..

Mar 3, 2018
As someone from Afghanistan who has lost his father and knows relatives of friends die due to the drones or had their surrounding destroyed in the war, and my best friend being from Iraq who has lost his dad and uncle both in the war, it's always interesting how I see people cover for the obamas... they always try to say something about how she's the first black lady so if you criticize her it shows racism? They go on to say how Obama's hands were tied and it's more nuanced than him just simply droning civilians in my country. Like, there are so many other great black leaders in America you can put on a pedestal and look up to, not sure why people are willing to take a bullet for the obamas, because at the end of the day they are another example of the upper class elite who will walk all over you when the time comes.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lemme know when AOC starts saying her and W share the same values and I'll call her out on that shit too.

You guys really can't stand when someone who you admire says some dumb shit huh

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like out of all of the existential problems humanity is dealing with the only one rich people can agree on facing is the rehabilitation of George Bush's image.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

Same values.

Dec 12, 2017
I'd say whitewashing a war criminal is not a good look
It's not a good look, but it's not even close to staining her legacy for me personally, especially considering who's currently in office.
Was Barack perfect?? Fuck no. His foreign policy was shit. But he also did a lot of good that I'm not going to overlook.
Michelle?? Fuck no.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
If killing hundreds of thousands of people isn't cancel-worthy then what the fuck even is?

Crazy how all these bad faith posters ignoring the PoC in this thread can just get away with it.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I think her saying their values are the same is a pretty damning indication that either she thinks she's a horrible person or she thinks he's a great person.
This could be true, but it doesn't seem like either of them are running for office or on a rehab tour and none of this is new news. So, I guess I still don't understand the vitriol in this thread? I expected more "yeah, they've been close for a while TBE," than this.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
POC erasure, literally. Hope you feel good about it.

We're all just a bunch of "white people" huh..

its all they got man. you're either a racist or a sexist. black folks and honestly oppressed people in general are being used more as a shield to just bat any all criticism rather than honestly look at how business is being done.

who the hell cares if you're the "first black family" if youre part of the problem. people understand this when grifters like diamond and silk get propped up by conservatives but when its people on "our side" theyre beyond approach.

it seems like a lot of folks dont really care about stopping the abusers of power, just as long as they look like them its all good

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Its really sad that people like you treat the death of a million people like a joke. I guess that the deaths of iraqis is just "haha cancel culture" now.
I'm taking the over, but only because 2022 is just too soon

IE: "Wow someone took effort into their post that I disagree with, lol better shit post!"

The line is now set at May 13, 2023.

Reason for moving the line:
- Three bets on the over
- The hilariously stupid implication that pointing out the ridiculousness of our hyperbolically negative opinion on Michelle Obama is "taking the deaths of 1million Iraqis as a joke." That stretch of the imagination alone is worth at least 6 months to the over. Michelle Obama was first lady and her Husband oversaw a CIA drone program and was president during two wars that he inherited from his predecessor, but that does not make her guilty of "deaths of a million people," despite that her and her husband did likely have sex at least once.
- Mouth-agape, saliva-dripping retort of "lol triggered snowflakes" has adjusted the over by 9 hours.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this accelerated rate of global condemnation I'm taking bets: What's the over-under for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to be officially declared a garbage trash boomer nazi by our community? 2021, 2023?

Hey, if AOC starts covering for Bush or Trump, I will call her out to. Because I don't tie my politics to a person then pretend that person is always right.

How can she hold him accountable in a dignified way becoming her station as a former first lady and would not be against her faith?

She said she bonded with him over their children and family and that with regards to love and compassion, (likely implied from what she learned as they discussed their family) their values are the same.

I'm not defending George Bush. That's not prerogative. I'm defending Michelle literally preaching and practicing "love thy neighbor."

Love thy neighbor is not "Pretend the crime didn't happen".

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

- Three bets on the over
- The hilariously stupid implication that pointing out the ridiculousness of our hyperbolically negative opinion on Michelle Obama is "taking the deaths of 1million Iraqis as a joke." That stretch of the imagination alone is worth at least 6 months to the over.
- Mouth-agape, saliva-dripping retort of "lol triggered snowflakes" has adjusted the over by 9 hours.

Actually, now that I think about it the odds of AOC and Ted Cruz having lunch together and being seen is more likely in the next few years, but I'm still committed to the over.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone from Afghanistan who has lost his father and knows relatives of friends die due to the drones or had their surrounding destroyed in the war, and my best friend being from Iraq who has lost his dad and uncle both in the war, it's always interesting how I see people cover for the obamas... they always try to say something about how she's the first black lady so if you criticize her it shows racism? They go on to say how Obama's hands were tied and it's more nuanced than him just simply droning civilians in my country. Like, there are so many other great black leaders in America you can put on a pedestal and look up to, not sure why people are willing to take a bullet for the obamas, because at the end of the day they are another example of the upper class elite who will walk all over you when the time comes.
Condolences to your father and everyone else who've been effected in this stupid war, I'm sorry that you have to witness people here continue to defend their favourite politicians because they refuse to understand just how much damage they did.

I've known people who were affected by Afghanistan and Iraq, hence my anger here at the dismissals from other members.

Thanks for offering your perspective, it's needed sometimes, hopefully it grounds those who refuse to understand and maybe they'll actually receive why we're so pissed off here.

Oct 27, 2017

- Three bets on the over
- The hilariously stupid implication that pointing out the ridiculousness of our hyperbolically negative opinion on Michelle Obama is "taking the deaths of 1million Iraqis as a joke." That stretch of the imagination alone is worth at least 6 months to the over.
I see you are more preoccupied trying to be witty

Status
Not open for further replies.