• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Some of you actually going out of your way to defend someone who is equating herself to George W. Bush? Saying that her values is the same with someone who is responsible for the deaths and suffering of millions based on lies?

Are some of you out of your fucking minds?

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of you actually going out of your way to defend someone who is equating herself to George W. Bush? Saying that her values is the same with someone who is responsible for the deaths and suffering of millions based on lies?

This thread is a fun "spot the centrists" exercise at least

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Ah yes, equating Bush with Obama.
Both have participated in illegal wars (Syria and Iraq) and have been responsible for many civilian deaths (Iraq war and drone program). They both are technically war criminals, and can be compared to each other. Doesnt mean Obama says nice things and is always politically correct, it doesnt wash away the blood on his hands.

Oct 25, 2017
fuck michelle obama and fuck anyone defending these war criminals. it's insane that "she shares values" with george w FUCKING bush lmaooo. and some of y'all are running in here desperate to defend her? the elite don't care about you, they'd rather defend the war criminals among their ranks than bat an eyelid for your suffering. wealth and status really fuck you up in the head and we're seeing it firsthand with the obamas.

Oct 25, 2017

Right? It shouldn't even be contested, yet here we are.
Why even spin something she said? Barack and Michelle are goddamn terrible people who're in line with the rest of these ghouls like Bush.
People need to stop with the hero worship and just look at them for who they are.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
"My values are the same with the person who is responsible for mass genocide and sufferings of millions based on lies and he knows it's a lie"

WTF are some of you doing trying to defend this reprehensible shit. Get out of here with all "we should be nice to each other" bullcrap for stuff like this.

You people defending her here just doesn't care about brown people, do you? You don't give a shit about them and don't even start pretending to act otherwise. And to have the gall to tie people feeling annoyed by that statement with "you say that just because she's a black woman/Obama's wife', fuck that shit.

God it's infuriating to read some of the responses here. Unbelievable, just unbelievable how low she and you people defending her shit value the life of people who are suffering under the Iraq wars. Fuck off.

May 26, 2018
"My values are the same with the person who is responsible for mass genocide and sufferings of millions based on lies and he knows it's a lie"

WTF are some of you doing trying to defend this reprehensible shit. Get out of here with all "we should be nice to each other" bullcrap for stuff like this.

You people defending her here just doesn't care about brown people, do you? You don't give a shit about them and don't even start pretending to act otherwise. And to have the gall to tie people feeling annoyed by that statement with "you say that just because she's a black woman/Obama's wife', fuck that shit.

God it's infuriating to read some of the responses here. Unbelievable.

Sometimes I wonder why people believe things. They can seem similar to your beliefs on the surface, but deep down can come from very messed up places. Saw this happen to my parents over time. At first they united on politics. Later down the road it turned out one was just a shamed Republican who pretended he was something else and fought the system to express his anger, and the other truly wanted people unlike her to be free and happy.

It's been frankly devastating to watch the masks come off over the years.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the Obama's were White they would do nearly nothing for me at this point. Those bougie folks are symbols only and keep caping for regressive ideas and people. The funny thing is people out here truly thinking they're the best Black America has to offer.

Martin & Coretta, Malcolm & Betty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Obamas

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I mean her comments make sense when you remember she also married a war criminal who, like Bush, loved murdering innocent brown people. Bush was a psychopath who's actions resulted in the death of a million innocents from an illegal war and even more from the resulting chaos, devastation, and vacuums of power that the US left behind. The only reason someone can like Bush, especially after reading what happened in places like Abu Ghraib, is if they too don't really care about the lives of brown people.

Similarly Obama is also a piece of shit who is responsible for the death of a ton of innocent people, many of whom look like me. The man literally bombed first responders and civilian rescuers and used a fucking pre-medieval definition of "enemy combatant" in order to obscure (lie) about the innocent people he killed.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
Hard to say he is a war criminal when there is no evidence, or, even "talk" that his administration purposefully targeted civilians.

As far as we know of course they did not purposefully target civilians (if they did, not only they would be war criminals, they'd be monsters), but they knew there were going to be civilian casualties and did nothing to prevent them. It's not something that happened once, it's something that occurred repeatedly, to the point we are lead to believe they did not take any measures to prevent them.

I mean you are forcing me to go Rumsfeld here, but, when strategic military targets are purposefully placed in public areas then there will be civilian casualties. YET YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED EVIDENCE THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION KNOWINGLY BOMBED SOLELY CIVILIANS.

You talk as if civilians getting bombed is ok because they were only the collateral of military targets. Are you telling me the most powerful and technological advanced military power in the world could not have neutered their military objectives without killing dozens of civilians each time?

Of course they could, but it would have more complicated, more expensive and less politically favorable (boots on the ground), so they decided they just didn't care if a bunch of people died in the process. At the end of the day, they were brown people with funny names, and the American public doesn't care about them.

Bush for Hundreds of thousands if not more and Obama for at least thousands. Obama didn't start this and there was never going to be good end.

Not so much that he did nothing wrong, he did. He inherited a clusterfuck of a situation. Both economically and humanitarinly. Tell him to fuck off all you want, but, what would you do with the situation he inherited in West Asia? Just withdraw immediately and let warloards fight it out leading to an even worse situation than ISIS was/is?

I'm sure the US could have avoided killing civilians if they cared about it

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Both have participated in illegal wars (Syria and Iraq) and have been responsible for many civilian deaths (Iraq war and drone program). They both are technically war criminals, and can be compared to each other. Doesnt mean Obama says nice things and is always politically correct, it doesnt wash away the blood on his hands.

Still, nuances need to be applied here since if we compare them, you need to just go deeper then just saying "war criminals" and stop there.

Oct 25, 2017
And people here will never understand why there is so much hatred for the West, when they can use semantics and hide behind bs to justify their leaders' actions. Obama's a goddamn war criminal, it's not up for debate.

Still, nuances need to be applied here since if we compare them, you need to just go deeper then just saying "war criminals" and stop there.
You don't have to compare them to call them war criminals, the scales can be different, who gives af

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to ask you something...

Why not just say you don't care about all the lives that the Bush regime have taken in its illegal crusade?
I mean, there is no need to sugarcoat this, is there?
Because I don't believe that. Bush is a monster responsible for an incalculable amount of human suffering, his administration was filled with people who should've spent the rest of there lives behind bars.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
Obama authorised an illegal war against Syria, funded/trained terrorists in Syria with the help of the C.I.A, increased the drone program which was responsible for many civilian deaths including an American teenage boy (someone talked about this in this thread).
If any African or Asian president has done what Obama has done then they would have been charged of war crimes by the international courts.
Like I said, Obama says nice things, tries to sound inclusive, is mostly politically correct in terms of social and religious issues, and all that does not negate the fact that he's still comparable to Bush because of his foreign policy.

Oct 25, 2017
Bush, Obama, Kissinger, Cheney, Clinton and so much more deserve the rope..

We're literally talking about an administration who started wars in false pretense. WHY even entertain a defense for the likes of Bush?

God it's infuriating to read some of the responses here. Unbelievable, just unbelievable how low she and you people defending her shit value the life of people who are suffering under the Iraq wars. Fuck off.

I keep saying this, but it's true. America(and they are certainly not the only ones) simply don't see the ME as human beings, if it came down to it, they'd be in favour of bombing them some more, they'll come up with any reason to justify it. Don't even get me started on the U.S's drone bombing in African countries.
It has happened time and time again and will continue to happen so long as this farce continues. And people will defend it because they don't see them as human. We're sacrifices.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Obamas are bad folk. No different from the Clintons. They're all friends up there at the tippy top, watching out for each other, no matter how many people the husbands have gotten killed.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018

just constant reminders that liberals are not opposition to conservatives when it comes to the day to day operation of the state and those who hold power within it

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
"Our values are the same," she said of herself and President Bush. "We disagree on policy, but we don't disagree on humanity, we don't disagree about love and compassion."

Yes, because War on Terror and Iraq Invasion were based on values such as humanity, love, and compassion.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
And people here will never understand why there is so much hatred for the West, when they can use semantics and hide behind bs to justify their leaders' actions. Obama's a goddamn war criminal, it's not up for debate.

You don't have to compare them to call them war criminals, the scales can be different, who gives af

I do? Since it is quite important to distingiush the difference.

The nuance of genocide, truly deep stuff.

Yes? I would not put Bush or Obama in the same category as Hitler.

Obama authorised an illegal war against Syria, funded/trained terrorists in Syria with the help of the C.I.A, increased the drone program which was responsible for many civilian deaths including an American teenage boy (someone talked about this in this thread).
If any African or Asian president has done what Obama has done then they would have been charged of war crimes by the international courts.
Like I said, Obama says nice things, tries to sound inclusive, is mostly politically correct in terms of social and religious issues, and all that does not negate the fact that he's still comparable to Bush because of his foreign policy.

I agree on your points above.

ok, obama is war criminal lite, bush is war criminal pro. happy?

If that is as far as you can go regarding nuance, yes when it comes to you.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You see the double standards at play on "who Negroes can and can't publicly be allowed to be friends with" (paraphrasing Malcolm X). Liberals demanded the Obamas discard their pastor of 20 years for being anti-American and anti-Semitic (fair enough) yet some will defend the Obama's friendship with and rehabilitation of someone that slaughtered and tortured lands full of Muslims for fun while nearly bankrupting the US. We also have Hillary and Biden praising friendships with segregationists, Klansmen, and sociopaths at various points of their careers but that's ok and glossed over.

Be consistent, Bush will always be hellbound trash no matter how much you hate the current president.

*and yes I am Black and yes Black people are allowed to criticize the Obamas before I get accused of being secretly White again lol*

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Humanity, wtf.

He was the President ffs, don't buy the excuse he was misled by Rumsfield, Cheney etc. he isn't that stupid.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. "We look forward, not backward"

Obamas are complicit in white washing Bush's mess and continuing it.

Oct 25, 2017
George Bush is trash.

George Bush is a war criminal.

Barack Obama is a war criminal.

Being friends with a war criminal makes you trash.

You're trash if you defend Bush.

You're trash if your values are the same.

One is worse than the other. Is that really an important distinction to make in a thread about Michelle Obama saying her values are the same as George Bush? Not really.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with everyone's point of view on the Iraq war, but I don't think it's particularly reasonable to expect the former first lady to hate her husband's predecessor.

Especially knowing it's a couple known for tactful, measured statements.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Bush, Obama, Kissinger, Cheney, Clinton and so much more deserve the rope..

We're literally talking about an administration who started wars in false pretense. WHY even entertain a defense for the likes of Bush?

I keep saying this, but it's true. America(and they are certainly not the only ones) simply don't see the ME as human beings, if it came down to it, they'd be in favour of bombing them some more, they'll come up with any reason to justify it. Don't even get me started on the U.S's drone bombing in African countries.
It has happened time and time again and will continue to happen so long as this farce continues. And people will defend it because they don't see them as human. We're sacrifices.

There's simply too much power in the position and the long history of imperialism and its ties to Capitalism in America along with a president being completely detached from the real human cost of war, it's completely destabilized many regions.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Not for me it isn't, Hitler isn't the only war criminal, you and I know that.
I'm completely confident in saying that under a just world, all of the U.S presidents going back at least 100 years, deserve to be tried as war criminals.

Yes, in a just world.

But that is also a utopia. Historically, US power projection has been good, and have kept Russia and China expansion in check. Of course this comes a majority of negatives. But, imo, the positive is better then the negative. That doesn't mean that we should be quiet and be content.

The US president, due to above, is in a extremly difficult position to always try to make decision with good outcome, when there is almost a negative outcome as well to the positive.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The Obamas are bad folk. No different from the Clintons. They're all friends up there at the tippy top, watching out for each other, no matter how many people the husbands have gotten killed.
Probably because the role of president puts you in an unavoidable position where innocent people will die.

the same scenarios could happen with Warren and Bernie unless they go full pacifist. The enemy hides amongst innocent civilians. It's not like they are in separate bad guy headquarters away from innocent life. Is Bush more guilty than others? Sure but is there any US president in recent times that didn't get innocents killedwhen fighting terrorist?

also I don't think they take the news of "we got the target but there was a lot of collataral" is no big deal. I'm sure it fucks with their mental health. Someone like Trump though? He wouldn't care.

Oct 25, 2017
Now it's an unavoidable position to bomb innocent people.
This is amazing. You're literally acknowledging that they're terrible people yet somehow still have the gall to defend them.
Or at least, charitably, excuse them. I don't even know what's worse.

The masks have come off.

also I don't think they take the news of "we got the target but there was a lot of collataral" is no big deal. I'm sure it fucks with their mental health. Someone like Trump though? He wouldn't care.

Oh...I doubt that. Why even entertain this?

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Now it's an unavoidable position to bomb innocent people.
This is amazing. You're literally acknowledging that they're terrible people yet somehow still have the gall to defend them.
Or at least, charitably, excuse them. I don't even know what's worse.

The masks have come off.

You're surprised? This country has long had an empathy problem+ People want to (for...reasons) maintain the level of deification the Obama's have had for years= the reaction of some in this thread

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Michelle he's a fucking war criminal that destabilized the middle east, tanked our economy hard and lied to the American people. The fuck was she thinking making such a idiotic comment?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, we got the bad guy but ended up killing so much more civilians in the process. Guys, this is terrible..
I'm going to dismiss myself and cry about it. -Obama

Ain't he just a treasure, folks? Look at that empathy~

You're surprised? This country has long had an empathy problem+ People want to (for...reasons) maintain the level of deification the Obama's have had for years= the reaction of some in this thread
Yep, the hero worship is too much.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Probably because the role of president puts you in an unavoidable position where innocent people will die.

the same scenarios could happen with Warren and Bernie unless they go full pacifist. The enemy hides amongst innocent civilians. It's not like they are in separate bad guy headquarters away from innocent life. Is Bush more guilty than others? Sure but is there any US president in recent times that didn't get innocents killedwhen fighting terrorist?

Yes anyone who inherits the title of President is also going to inherit the war.
The point is that Obama didn't do much to minimize it during his time and in fact did worse.

I don't really see why people are so obsessed with differentiating between Obama and Bush and Trump in this thread. In other threads about other things I could understand but here? What's the point? Like here, I'll say it, I'll say what I truly believe

Obama was a better president than George Bush and Donald Trump.

Now what? This doesn't address anything about what Michelle said. This doesn't ruin or increase Obama's chances of getting elected, that election is over! What's the point here?

Status
Not open for further replies.