• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Okay, just saw this headline on twitter:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...498360121.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

Not sure if it should be posted here or on the gaming side, if people feel this should be on the gaming side I ask the mods to move it there.

How do you guys feel about inmates gaming? This guy has a life sentence for murdering his wife, on one hand I could see the argument that prisoners shouldn't be playing video games or having fun, while on the other hand I could also see people saying it's something to make prison life more bearable and less suffarable, how do you feel about it? Should prisoners suffer as much as possible for their crimes? One thing to keep in mind though prison life in the U.S is already much better than in a lot of other places, where people don't even have food to eat if family/friends don't bring it to them, prisons are crowded, prisoners have no access to decent hygiene and a bed to sleep (I live in such a country, Brazil). In my opinion though what we needed to discuss here in the article is the fact that he bargained for an xbox in exchange for information, I'm not sure that should be a thing, anyway they said they were considering it already and that the inmates won't be able to play violent games and it won't be connected to the internet either.

Edit: Hopefuly we don't get any comments like: at least xbox is popular with inmates, that shouldn't be the topic of discussion here.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
You have to look past your lizard brain desire for retribution and making inmates suffer and look at the bigger picture. Not everyone is sentenced to life in prison, so a LOT of these people will be walking out of jail eventually, so when they finally do come out into a more civilized world do you want them to behave? Like a rabid animals that have been abused for years, or like normal human beings?

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
You could change the title of your post, to something like "Should prisioners get access to video games?" since it seems to be topic you want to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.