• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
www.theverge.com

Microsoft’s Xbox boss says Amazon and Google are “the main competitors going forward”

Future console wars could be held in cloud servers.
"When you talk about Nintendo and Sony, we have a ton of respect for them, but we see Amazon and Google as the main competitors going forward," says Spencer. "That's not to disrespect Nintendo and Sony, but the traditional gaming companies are somewhat out of position. I guess they could try to re-create Azure, but we've invested tens of billions of dollars in cloud over the years."

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Even as an avid Sony buyer, I have so much respect for Phil and what he has done for the Xbox brand. He isn't wrong in this approach, as by next generation, Cloud gaming will be a major way to play (as long as politics don't continue to curb technological progression).

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
With Stadia already on life support and Amazon having nothing to show for all their talk and investment I don't see either as competition unless they partner with either Sony or Nintendo. But Sony already partnered with MS for their future cloud services and I doubt Nintendo has any serious plans in the cloud business.

Status
Not open for further replies.