• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Did I remember incorrectly? I thought his deal with Sony was a multi-game deal?

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
That would be very unfortunate.
I'd like to see what Kojima could do with DualSense or PSVR2.

Bluemaster77

Banned
Apr 2, 2020
There's no way something like this is real. Especially considering Kojima's relationship with Sony.

dmshaposv

Oct 27, 2017
Of course they bought kojima. They just had to throw a bunch of hollywood actors and they owned his soul.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Twist: they've not bought Kojima Productions, by an administrative error they've literally just bought Kojima the man

Rumour is they expect him to serve coffee in the MS reception area and bring light snacks

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they'll keep him in the basement. Owning a kojima is a lot of responsibility.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
yes, they literally bought him.

(rando tweets are not news/legit rumors)
(don't buy into all this basic bs, especially from random magazines)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Did I remember incorrectly? I thought his deal with Sony was a multi-game deal?

No, just one game and Sony had some stipulations which Kojima had to work within. I would imagine Microsoft offering him the budget to go wild, make silent hills and whatever dream projects he wants would be mighty enticing.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
LMAO, that's HobbyConsolas, and that section is called "El Sensor", which consist in guessing which of 10 "news" are true and which not.

And toxic twitter accounts fell directly into the trap lol, wouldn't expect less.

That article even says they got direct confirmation by Geoff hahaha.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
People in 2020 still following Timdog, jesus fucking christ.

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
If you can't think about a reason why a random spanish magazine would have the exclusive on this, it's probably because there's no logical reason why that'd be the case.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Kojima agreeing to something like this. Why would he want to be locked to a single platform?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ok, that would definitely be illegal.

But where can I buy Miyamoto? Just for curiosity.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I think buying KojiPRO is a bad deal for anyone, simply because when Kojima retires or leaves it's all done.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
What's to stop Hideo Kojima leaving Kojima Productions the day after Microsoft acquires Kojima Productions? If that's a possible scenario, what's the point of acquiring Kojima Productions in the first place?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
There's no way something like this is real. Especially considering Kojima's relationship with Sony.
Yeah I doubt it too, but to be fair as far as his relationship with Sony goes I don't think Death Stranding lit up the sales charts, so it's possible they're hesitant to give him another large budget and someone else offered him a larger amount.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
They bought kojima to work exclusively on new banjo kazooie games. Trust me I got confirmation from Geoff my self

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
I don't see Kojima agreeing to something like this. Why would he want to be locked to a single platform?

Well, giving Kojima all the ressources he wants plus creative freedom in any kind of way could work out for both parties. I could see that be intruiging for someone like Kojima. At the end of the day he is a producer with loads of ideas.

Not saying that the rumour is legit, but it makes kinda sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.