• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
Healthcare or money doesn't matter when cancer is coming for you.

Sad that he's passed away and it seems like he did a lot for Seattle.

Just a shame he was donating to the republicans so they stay in power.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...o-help-republicans-keep-control-of-u-s-house/

I know and RIP

Usually depending on the cancer and if you catch it early before it spreads you can live your life longer . It depends on the cancer tho , like testicular cancer if caught early can be taken care of.

I was just curious because some are more deadlier than others and he might have not gotten any treatment until it was to late

Eldy

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
RIP. He did a crazy amount with his life, most of which I had no idea about until recently. The Quincy Jones interview from earlier this year where he talked about Allen's talent as a guitarist piqued my curiosity.

I know and RIP

Usually depending on the cancer and if you catch it early before it spreads you can live your life longer . It depends on the cancer tho , like testicular cancer if caught early can be taken care of.

I was just curious because some are more deadlier than others and he might have not gotten any treatment until it was to late

He was first treated for cancer in 1983.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks when people die but Paul Allen was a Republican donating piece of shit right up to his death so even as a sports fan it's hard to find a good thing to say.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
Actually I do want to say one more thing...

This motherfucking billionaire piece of crap in his dying days decided to still give hundreds of thousands of dollars to support republican fucks, knowing he was on his own death bed.

If that isn't telling enough about his character I don't know what is???

Storm Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Hard to underestimate the impact he had on Seattle and the PNW as a whole.

Yeah. One of the things I always appreciate from him as an aviation enthusiast is he has a collection of airplanes that he pays people to fly (except less than a handful he feels are too rare to risk). He has days where he even organizes demonstrations that locals can come watch for free even. I always appreciated that he shared his hobby with everyone rather than just keep it to himself. It was also neat my husband's airplane is in a hangar that we drive by the museum he keeps them in (as well as the hangar his mig is in) so we get to see them many times going to his plane.

I wonder what will happen to his collection now.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This motherfucking billionaire piece of crap in his dying days decided to still give hundreds of thousands of dollars to support republican fucks, knowing he was on his own death bed.

Possibly the fact that he has donated over $2 billion to science, education and wildlife conservation including $2 million towards criminalizing the sale of ivory. Giving over $1 million in support of additional regulations on firearms as well as pledging the majority of his c$20 billion fortune to charity? I dunno that seams pretty nice to me...

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin

You are a moron. Because someone has a different political view than you, you can condem them in death. Good luck in life dude.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly the fact that he has donated over $2 billion to science, education and wildlife conservation including $2 million towards criminalizing the sale of ivory. Giving over $1 million in support of additional regulations on firearms as well as pledging the majority of his c$20 billion fortune to charity? I dunno that seams pretty nice to me...
This. Christ, the kind of people who come into threads about someone's death just to say they're happy about the death of another human being over politics are just absolutely classless, diluted, sad human beings. I didn't agree with his politics, but the man was a philanthropist and his actions proved that he was a caring person; the world has taken a hit with his loss.

When the shit are we gonna cure cancer man?

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RIP man.

Wow- I'm sorry but how on earth is this downright moronic post allowed? The guy donated money to the republican party and you call him a "motherfucking billionaire piece of crap in his dying days "??

You ask about his character, yet you have shown yours. You sound like a horrible person.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

He showed his character during his life. He was extremely giving, and supported great causes. From what I can tell he donated to both parties. And supported anti-gun legislation.

You should quiet down.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Driving thread derailment after mod warning
RIP man.

Wow- I'm sorry but how on earth is this downright moronic post allowed? The guy donated money to the republican party and you call him a "motherfucking billionaire piece of crap in his dying days "??

You ask about his character, yet you have shown yours. You sound like a horrible person.

My post was warned yet you call me moronic and nothing...?

Also lol at showing my character. Sorry I actually care about people and don't support or donate to a party that is locking up children in my dying days.

I'm sorry for the loss of Paul. Cancer does suck. But yet no one seems to mind that this person with resources unimaginable to people like you and me still decided on his death bed to donate to the party of *bootstraps* and *fuck you got mine* ? Even though he's given away multitudes of money for other better causes that still seems like a big middle finger to the common person at the end.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
My post was warned yet you call me moronic and nothing...?

Also lol at showing my character. Sorry I actually care about people and don't support or donate to a party that is locking up children in my dying days.

I'm sorry for the loss of Paul. Cancer does suck. But yet no one seems to mind that this person with resources unimaginable to people like you and me still decided on his death bed to donate to the party of *bootstraps* and *fuck you got mine* ? Even though he's given away multitudes of money for other better causes that still seems like a big middle finger to the common person at the end.

Come on! Drama much. Yeah, he's on his deathbed and his last dying wish is to donate to the GOP and then he died. That's not how it works man. He sets up donations ahead of time. Probably has a group dedicated to do so. One of those donations just happens to be the GOP and I'm sure the DNC and whatever causes he believes in.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
Come on! Drama much. Yeah, he's on his deathbed and his last dying wish is to donate to the GOP and then he died. That's not how it works man. He sets up donations ahead of time. Probably has a group dedicated to do so. One of those donations just happens to be the GOP and I'm sure the DNC and whatever causes he believes in.

He still could of put a stop to that. Again we are talking about someone with unimaginable wealth and he was doing it right up into September.

Also countless regular people are dying everyday of cancer in the US and have to either go bankrupt or outright die due to what the republicans don't want (universal healthcare).

Someone like Paul could have really helped with that...

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
The world is a bit emptier today. Hopefully his passing will not be easily forgotten. He was one of the great people of our time. Helped change the world in an incredible way.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He funded the expeditions that found a lot of WW2 shipwrecks like the IJN Musashi, IJN Fuso, and the USS Indianapolis. His team also recovered the bell from the HMS Hood to serve as a memorial to the crew.

I wonder if those exploration efforts will continue...