• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018

Quite astonishing, really.

This bug is going literally from months, there are plenty of threads in the Microsoft support forum regarding this issue, so Microsoft knows there's something broken in their code...and yet they didn't bother/manage to fix it, while a user offered a workaround in no time.

Jan 2, 2018
I actually have the opposite problem lol- I can't redeem the 360 game from my console,only from the webstore on my PC.
Gotta say,MS handling the 360 purchasing experience of XBO/PC very,very poorly and I hope they will intergrate the BC games to the native XBO marketplace before next gen begins.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017

This bug is going literally from months, there are plenty of threads in the Microsoft support forum regarding this issue, so Microsoft knows there's something broken in their code...and yet they didn't bother/manage to fix it, while a user offered a workaround in no time.

Reminds me of our Finnish train service. Selecting your seat still (or at least did last time I was trying to do it) requires Flash that has not been supported by major browsers for years. The workaround can be found from Github to select your seat without running Flash.

On that note, all Microsoft sites were broken with my account for many years regardless of browser or Internet connection. Logging in with my account simply caused multiple re-directs so that I could never actually log in. Somehow they finally fixed whatever the issue was but almost all their websites are still very hit hand miss for me.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Reminds me of our Finnish train service. Selecting your seat still (or at least did last time I was trying to do it) requires Flash that has not been supported by major browsers for years. The workaround can be found from Github to select your seat without running Flash.

On that note, all Microsoft sites were broken with my account for many years regardless of browser or Internet connection. Logging in with my account simply caused multiple re-directs so that I could never actually log in. Somehow they finally fixed whatever the issue was but almost all their websites are still very hit hand miss for me.
I had this problem with their Web remote desktop service when I started working from home. The only way to get it to work was incognito mode.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I mean it's pretty common for a workaround to be found by a user before an actual fix is implemented. Software companies will usually wait for a larger rollout of fixes as opposed to dedicating resources and then fixing one specific low impact issue.

Source: I work for a software company

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yo not gonna lie I had this bug for so long and thought I was the only one since I never saw anyone mention it, I thought it was an account issue.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like MS just doesn't give a shit about selling 360 games anymore.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Weird that this was the reason XD

I'm using the xbox to redeem games, in there the layout just breaks instead of the infinite loading, but your purchase can still go through

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know what's going on with Microsoft support but it's 100% trash right now. I chalked it up to Covid because just a year ago I was singing it's praises.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Huh yeah I couldn't for the life of me buy Splinter Cell Double Agent (OG Xbox) on the website so I had to plug in my old 360 again. I wonder if it was related to this bug? It was super annoying at any rate.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
I had this bug and wasn't able to claim some monthly games over the browser (as I didn't own a XBox yet).

Quite amazing that a user figured out this problem and fixed it.