• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Update: As of March 13, 2018, it appears they have changed back to Microsoft from Mixer. The Mixer logo and any mention of Mixer (as a participating company) are gone from https://www.e3expo.com/.

Disclaimer: The information contained in this thread has been through fully legal means obtained via https://www.e3expo.com/participating-companies and https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com.

mixerxboxone-1keo98.png

When I today went to check the list of participating companies at E3 2018, as I do daily, I noticed that Microsoft's entry in the list had been changed from Microsoft Corporation to Mixer. Mixer is Microsoft's interactive livestreaming platform that's available on Xbox One.

e3_mixers0qgf.png

The source code still says this however:

Code:
<tr>
<td data-sheets-value="{&quot;1&quot;:2,&quot;2&quot;:&quot;Microsoft Corporation&quot;}">Mixer</td>
<td data-sheets-value="{&quot;1&quot;:2,&quot;2&quot;:&quot;www.xbox.com&quot;}"><a class="in-cell-link" href="http://www.mixer.com/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">www.mixer.com</a></td>
</tr>
Source: https://www.e3expo.com/participating-companies

This is also reflected in a separate list of participating companies, available via the E3 2018 Exhibitor Directory by Map Your Show available at https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com. The list was retrieved today, March 10, 2018. While the link to the exhibitor list isn't directly shown on the front page, I compared exhibitor directories for some other shows (mainly CES 2018) and tried the following:

Code:
https://mp1630k065.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-list.cfm?export=pdf

This led to the exhibitor list being downloaded. Here in image form:

exhibitor_list_03-10-3domk.png

exhibitor_list_03-10-esr93.png

exhibitor_list_03-10-eyr35.png

exhibitor_list_03-10-dfomt.png

Additionally, this exhibitor list shows that Microsoft, now Mixer, has changed booth from 823 to 1023 in South Hall, more than doubling its floor space. Here's a small comparison image:

microsoftfloorplans0yqgz.png

More information on this subject may be made available during the premiere episode of Inside Xbox, airing March 10, 12:00 PM PST.

Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/05/announcing-inside-xbox-premiering-march-10th/

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So now instead of MS is "leaving gaming" we probably get "MS is doubling down on gaming"
Because thats how looking only at floorplans work if we remember the other thread. :D

Nice find dude. :)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Greenberg said as much, toxic members here were trying hard to reconstruct his very clear response into something else (lying and leaving games/nothing to show).

This is pretty cool, and I assume some of the suggestions of mixer being used as a way to remote play games on the showfloor may actually be an option.

Also means they have a lot of games to present, fingers crossed, with all these meetings with J Devs, lots of juicy exclusives.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. E3 isn't a retail show anymore, its a show for youtube personalities etc..

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about Xbox these days, so Mixer is basically their Twitch?
Yup. All of the major Xbox events get streamed on Mixer, and viewers sometimes get rewards (games, DLC, etc.) for tuning in there rather than on Twitch or YouTube.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Mixer is a streaming platform that they are trying to promote in the days of Twitch. Do people think that it's going to increase the amount of new playable games on the show floor to levels of industry expectation? I don't know. Though this is the same kind of insinuation as people made with the Inside Xbox announcement that it's basically "Xbox Direct" with crazy announcements. Or that thing where Microsoft Japan met with Sega Japan and some people thought there was some kind of acquisition deal going on. People are going to only be disappointed with the expectations they set for themselves.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Mixer is a streaming platform that they are trying to promote in the days of Twitch. Do people think that it's going to increase the amount of new playable games on the show floor to levels of industry expectation? I don't know. Though this is the same kind of insinuation as people made with the Inside Xbox announcement that it's basically "Xbox Direct" with crazy announcements. Or that thing where Microsoft Japan met with Sega Japan and some people thought there was some kind of acquisition deal going on. People are going to only be disappointed with the expectations they set for themselves.

Agree.

I just imagine it being a booth where you can play games (and those games are streamed at the same time) so everyone can enjoy the E3 betas.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

Where has anyone except you made that insinuation?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Being open to the public is changing E3 really quickly

catalina-wine-mixer.gif

Is Mixer the new "Water cooler"?

Agree.

I just imagine it being a booth where you can play games (and those games are streamed at the same time) so everyone can enjoy the E3 betas.

That sounds like a solid plan actually, and a really smart way to keep people engaged during E3.

Where has anyone except you made that insinuation?

It's why I raised it as a question, and followed it with a "I don't know".

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

I dont see anyone implying that having a mixer booth will mean 20 new exclusives confirmed

Point is people were trying to say they were quitting the business because of the small booth, now they will have anotther, larga booth and....it's still bad? Doesnt make sense

more space to fill up with games to be announced per inch. /s

do you have some sort of contract to go into every xbox thread and say "lol no games" or something? it's truly remarkable

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
In all seriousness, I expect it simply to be an area with PC/Xbox mic setups, so prominent streamers can play the latest games and stream themselves playing.
Rather than it being part of a centralized channel or show, it is direct from their accounts to their subscribers.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
In all seriousness, I expect it simply to be an area with PC/Xbox mic setups, so prominent streamers can play the latest games and stream themselves playing.
Rather than it being part of a centralized channel or show, it is direct from their accounts to their subscribers.
That sounds ... Interesting. I really like that idea.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, wonder if they'll be streaming the demos. Could make for a interesting viewing experience if so. Especially as can't Mixer on the fly show someone who is doing well (like a top 10 situation in PUBG for example) on an official channel?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The booth for Mixer is probably a focus so players can try out the new titles but streamed via home consoles. It's part of the recent system update and being able to sample new titles shown off at E3 but at home, would be awesome.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The booth for Mixer is probably a focus so players can try out the new titles but streamed via home consoles. It's part of the recent system update and being able to sample new titles shown off at E3 but at home, would be awesome.

That would definitely be something. If it works.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Doubling down their already small space doesn't mean much without numbers. How large is it in comparison to say Nintendo or Sony?

Zetran

Oct 25, 2017
It's still Mixer booth isn't it? So you play game in there and stream it to people? So with this booth they have the biggest floor space out of the three?

PS: First time I actually heard Mixer streaming service. Sounds like a juice mixing company. Anyone actually using this service? Is it as popular as Bing?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt if it's a Mixer booth that it will be used as a substitute for Xbox's booth, it seems like the booth was just temporarily labelled as MS due to it being early. To me this just seems like MS won't be in the LCC, probably off site at either the Galen centre or their own venue (Microsoft theatre?)

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
We'll see what that means. I'm no Xbox fan but I'm still curious what MS is going to show. Could be quite interesting this year.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You really think they're going to have a floor space that's not interactive for attendees, and maybe 20 people at tops can remote control some of those games via Mixer from home?

Definitely a nope.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You really think they're going to have a floor space that's not interactive for attendees, and maybe 20 people at tops can remote control some of those games via Mixer from home?

Definitely a nope.

Who said it would not be for attendees? Imagine playing some coop games with people at E3. Maybe some Mixer rewards for doing so.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
why would they throw their brand recognition like that? Mixer will never be a thing.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For a first party booth, it's still an absolutely microscopic booth. I still expect that Microsoft is pulling an EA Play here and will be hosting their stuff elsewhere.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
But wait, so they won't be at all at E3 as "Microsoft" or "Xbox?"

They will just show his streaming service to attendees? At least that's what I understood. No more Microsoft, just Mixer.

Well if that's true, then I'm def expecting them doing a EA-like thing separate from the main event in order to cut costs... right?

It will be weird not seeing the Xbox booth at E3.

For example, I wouldn't care if they make it 5 times bigger than last year if all I'm getting is a PSNow booth instead of the usual PlayStation one, that would be awful.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who said it would not be for attendees? Imagine playing some coop games with people at E3. Maybe some Mixer rewards for doing so.
Logically think through how Mixer works, the limited number of consoles available on the show floor and how you manage allocating spaces to people at home.

If anything they might have a cloud based version of these games for players to try out separate from the show floor versions. If anything they'll just let people at home watch these games being streamed.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So MS is gonna double down on Mixer? I think the only way that platforming has a chance at competing is if they lure/moneyhat some "big" names from Twitch, or pseudo-celebs or whatnot. It's be nice if Twitch had some real competition, maybe it'd force them to improve their shit, like implementing Mixer's near-instantaneous interaction, unlike the 30 second delay of Twitch.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Logically think through how Mixer works, the limited number of consoles available on the show floor and how you manage allocating spaces to people at home.

If anything they might have a cloud based version of these games for players to try out separate from the show floor versions. If anything they'll just let people at home watch these games being streamed.

I am sure they want to try out the recently announced feature that is on the Alpha ring now. And E3 is a perfect testing ground, for better or worse.