• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Are they ever planning on fixing the broken HOTAS support on console? Game is basically wasting 100GB on my console.

RT support probably won't come to console, though multiplayer is a really great addition.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
So GOTY Edition does not include the Expansion? Funny times.

From the GamePass thread, the Game of the Year edition does include all of the previous content + new content, at least from the description that seems clear.

Maybe not, hard to tell, but the wording seems like it's all included with GamePass.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

From the GamePass thread, the Game of the Year edition does include all of the previous content + new content, at least from the description that seems clear.

Maybe not, hard to tell, but the wording seems like it's all included with GamePass.

Doesn't sound included because it's pretty pricey!

The Reno Air Races: Full Collection offers 40 officially licensed aircraft, including 10 North American P-51 Mustangs, 10 North American T-6 Texans, 10 Aero L-39 Albatros', and 10 Aviat Pitts Special S1S. Among them are many famous "Gold" champions like Miss America, Strega, Voodoo, Baron's Revenge, Radial Velocity, Six-Cat, American Spirit, and Pipsqueak, and many of the other top racers. All these amazing aircraft and the full online racing experience are included, all for $59.99.

For those who just want to get their feet wet and race with their friends, the Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack is a great entry point. It includes the exhilarating online multiplayer racing experience along with four highly detailed starter aircraft: a North American T-6 Texan, a North American P-51 Mustang, an Aero L-39 Albatros, and an Aviat Pitts Special S1S, all for $19.99.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Wonder if they keep optimizing enough for 60fps to be feasible on Series consoles (at lower res of course).

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Also, here's an 8 Minute overview of the Planes Included in the Full Expansion:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wait the Reno race thing? Thats a free expansion.

Again, it doesn't sound free to even race in Multiplayer...

For those who just want to get their feet wet and race with their friends, the Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack is a great entry point. It includes the exhilarating online multiplayer racing experience along with four highly detailed starter aircraft: a North American T-6 Texan, a North American P-51 Mustang, an Aero L-39 Albatros, and an Aviat Pitts Special S1S, all for $19.99.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ray Tracing eventually huh. Hope DLSS is on the cards especially then if we hope to have RT and higher frame rates.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Wait the Reno race thing? Thats a free expansion.
yeah doesn't sound like a free expansion. Looks to be $20 minimum to get the online access and a few planes to race with, and $60 for the full collection of planes. Otherwise you'd be competing with a boeing lol

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But its part of the GOTY version?

Nah, they specify it is a Free Update with some new things...but not the Racing.

The Game of the Year Edition is enhanced with 5 brand new aircraft and 8 additional handcrafted airports along with new missions, tutorials, features, photogrammetry cities, and includes all of the content updates released since launch in 2020

It's bizarre.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
But its part of the GOTY version?
Tom's wrong. He sometimes makes mistakes.

news.xbox.com

Coming Soon: Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition - Xbox Wire

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition Coming November 18! It has been an amazing journey since we launched Microsoft Flight Simulator on PC. The core flight simmer audience embraced the new experience immediately and with Xbox Game Pass for PC, a new audience of PC gamers was...

Nowhere in this post does it mention the update is included. Tom may be mistaken and meant to say the GOTY update will release alongside the Reno expansion.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish so much that this game would fully switch over to Steam's content delivery so we don't have to deal with that miserable, slow, and unreliable patching system.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Every time Flight Simulator gets an update I need to log out of the store, run wsreset.exe then reboot my computer for it to download. I then cross my fingers that it will update correctly.

There is no way I am spending a cent on DLC when I have no idea if an update will render the game completely unusable.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from the Verge article, I can't see anything that says Reno Air Races is actually included in the GOTY update. All the Microsoft stuff seems to separate the two items: there's a GOTY update and there's the expansion, but I don't see any media that mentions both in the same breath, let alone that one comes with the other.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff tho. Just released in the new update

FCFr3lKVgAEgOPp