• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Not the best quality. They come from twitter

EMLvAPvXsAAfy8j

EMLvArQUUAEhclQ

EMLvBApX0AIeljh

EMLvBV4UcAAiBFA

EMLvByEXUAAxfxF

EMLvB6hXsAImE63

EMLvCMwUcAEUVx6

Last edited:

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
My most anticipated game for next-gen. Hopefully it'll live up to the hype, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Will it support Track IR?

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played a flight sim in decades, but when I did (Flight sim 98, 2004) I played it to death. I can't wait to spend ridiculous hours on this! Graphics are absolutely mind-boggling.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'll play this with the HUD turned off and the easiest difficulty settings.

Just flying around, enjoying the scenery, carefree.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some of these legitimately look nigh on photo realistic viewing on my mobile. Incredible stuff.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks amazing. I can't imagine it actually being fun, unless you have any interest in being a pilot, but those graphics. Boi.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The Wing doesn't look right, so it's safe to assume that this is all from scans and ML-based remodelling.
Is the start finish straight touching the end of the airplane's right wing? Trying to map the circuit whilst zoomed in on the picture. If so I don't recognise the building by the left wheel...

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
This is going to be my winding down, maybe some whiskey, Sunday night game. ConanLooksGood.gif

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
What's the over/under on this coming out before Star Citizen? So glad I didn't do my 2016 PC upgrade that was mostly to be ready for Squadron 42...

Oct 26, 2017
Is the start finish straight touching the end of the airplane's right wing? Trying to map the circuit whilst zoomed in on the picture. If so I don't recognise the building by the left wheel...
Just a pair of grandstands I think, seems like they don't have a way of dealing with grandstands yet, as most of them look like they've been replaced by warehouses

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah the paddock building (Wing) is just off the right wing of the plane. It looks pretty boxy here, where in reality it's pretty distinctive:

1254945_Silverstone_Wing_1___Silverstone__Jakob_Ebrey.jpg

But this inaccuracy to me makes it more impressive, as it proves that this whole area wasn't just modelled and placed manually, it has come from the Bing data and AI to build 3D models automatically, that despite being short a bit of definition is incredibly realistic.

What should be off the left wheel at Luffield is actually just a raised area for general admission spectators, but it seems to have interpreted that as a building.

Last edited:

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I really want to play it asap.
Looks so damn good. Just flying around is going to be a magical experience.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The shot from the tail of the blue plane looking forward looks photo realistic. Really impressive. I doubt this is my type of game, but the graphics are awesome!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm a big F1 fan, and I live about 15 minutes from the circuit. Been every year for the last 10.
Ooh cool! I went with my kids in...hmmm 2017 I think! Hamilton won (as usual) and vettel blew a tyre or something on the last lap and dropped several places. I was following it on my app whilst waiting to run into the track!

Anyway I'll leave it there as I've taken the thread OT.

If you haven't, then go watch caterhams race there! Tons of close racing and they can take some corners 3 a breast...they all aim to be second on the last lap so they can get a tow down the back straight and win! First place always loses....

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh cool! I went with my kids in...hmmm 2017 I think! Hamilton won (as usual) and vettel blew a tyre or something on the last lap and dropped several places. I was following it on my app whilst waiting to run into the track!

Anyway I'll leave it there as I've taken the thread OT.

If you haven't, then go watch caterhams race there! Tons of close racing and they can take some corners 3 a breast...they all aim to be second on the last lap so they can get a tow down the back straight and win! First place always loses....

Yeah I've gone a few times for other events - including a few drives around it myself!

Not seen Caterham racing there, though. Is that over the full track?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've gone a few times for other events - including a few drives around it myself!

Not seen Caterham racing there, though. Is that over the full track?
Ok - I HAVE to ask now - what have you driven there!?

Quick example of caterham racing - these are some of the higher power ones they race. For bonus cred Chris Hoy appears as he loves racing caterhams! You'll see a fair bit of close racing because the tow down the straights is massive at silverstone.

Edit - slight spoiler - first place wins by 0.04 seconds after 30 minutes of racing!!

Last edited: