• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Damn those clouds look good. Imagining next gen GTAVI looking like this (or similar) got me salivating. (let me hope)

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Also makes me wonder if they'd license out this engine to other studios? I'd love to see the IL-2 devs crank out a new game with these types of graphics, though I don't even know if they make games anymore? I haven't seen any new IL-2 game or anything from them for like 8 years...wonder what happened to them?

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Holy shit. This is the game that you use to show gamers how far gaming has come.

Once I try to run it my PC is just gonna tell me to fuck off though.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone link the other videos. The page in the op isn't giving an error.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Holy fucking shit, this might actually be my most anticipated game lol. And im so happy that its also coming to Xbox.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Page not found for the signup from here.

Anyway I am disqualified since I am still on seven.
It will be at least 3 years i bet until there is a proper sim of my preferred planes anyway. I am not in a hurry.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Hooooly shit. Not since the jump from last gen to seeing The Order 1886 have I seen such a jump in graphics. Like OP says this looks like truly first next gen game.

DosDaddy

Feb 17, 2019
Those visuals are absolutely fucked. Im hoping theres a simple controls scheme for my daughter as she'd love this

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Pow'ah of the Cloud!

I've never been a fan of Flight Sims but I've found a newly-discovered appreciation for aeroplanes ever since I started working for the Avionics industry. This looks absolutely stunning!

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry but when this was on xbox show at e3 they said it was pc and next gen scarlett.
Not the xbox one or xbox x if i remember correctly.
This will be the only time my head has been turned by microsoft for literally years.

Aug 26, 2018
flightnkkv6.png

Their Tech Alpha recruitment has officially started! If you would like to register for participation in the upcoming Tech Alpha, follow the link and fill out their qualification survey. You also need to upload a dxdiag info of your PC rig.

There are about 10 new videos.

Five of my favorites. The graphics are INSANE. This has to be the first OFFICIAL Next Gen game. It HAS to be!

Some Screens

Ascending-through-the-clouds.jpg

Intheweeds-2048x1152.png

flight219jcu.png

Fly me over a river if old...

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Survey done, and WOW those videos are something!!!! The stall video and the one after, just wow. I hope this game looks every bit as awesome when it's released as it does now; even better maybe? Super Excited!!!

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
How the hell are they doing that. Not even from a technical point of a view, just the time and budget to get all these details.

Oct 27, 2017
Also makes me wonder if they'd license out this engine to other studios? I'd love to see the IL-2 devs crank out a new game with these types of graphics, though I don't even know if they make games anymore? I haven't seen any new IL-2 game or anything from them for like 8 years...wonder what happened to them?

The original team that made IL-2 back in 2001 + expansions is gone, after Oleg Maddox and his community associate pulled a fast one on fans who put money on a Patreon and they disappeared.
The current team doing IL-2 games (plus a WWI and Tank battle titles) is the team behind Rise of flight, they actually have released titles that were started from scratch like IL-2 Battle of stalingrad. Their site is il2sturmovik.com amd they actually have a sale going on, if you're curious for a new WWII flight sim!

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Sorry but when this was on xbox show at e3 they said it was pc and next gen scarlett.
Not the xbox one or xbox x if i remember correctly.
This will be the only time my head has been turned by microsoft for literally years.

Did they really say Scarlett? I don't remember that at all (and I'm pretty sure it was before Scarlett was mentioned in the show)

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The original team that made IL-2 back in 2001 + expansions is gone, after Oleg Maddox and his community associate pulled a fast one on fans who put money on a Patreon and they disappeared.
The current team doing IL-2 games (plus a WWI and Tank battle titles) is the team behind Rise of flight, they actually have released titles that were started from scratch like IL-2 Battle of stalingrad. Their site is il2sturmovik.com amd they actually have a sale going on, if you're curious for a new WWII flight sim!

Damn, why would they burn that bridge? I mean IL-2 was very much loved by the flight sim community, seems stupid to think they could just do that and not ruin their careers and work on anything in the future.

I loved Rise of Flight so that's at least good to hear it's in good hands.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Yup that's the best looking game of all time.

Edit: guess I have to by an X now...

Last edited:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
how can it look that good! are they using satellite imagery? looks really impressive.

edit: yep they are.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
For me this could be the Halo CE and Gears of War 1 killer app of next Xbox (even if this is still running on high end PC). This could be the game that make me buy a Scarlett.

This should have be their main game at E3. Not Halo Infinite.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
that looks way too real, insane.
well they are using images of the real locations.

Damn those clouds look good. Imagining next gen GTAVI looking like this (or similar) got me salivating. (let me hope)
it won't obviously. this is a flying game. the only time you're gonna be on/near the ground is at the airports. they can afford to make everything look this good because it's really just scenery.

still, if RDR2 is anything to go by then next gen will look amazing:

rdr2-14.original.jpg

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
I hope Microsoft does a good job of preserving this for future generations. Imagine going back in the year 3019 and seeing what the world used to look like while flying around in one those early modern civilization aerial vehicles they called airplanes.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
This is my #1 anticipated game, and it's ushering in a modern era for flight sims completely. I still think some people need to adjust their expectations slightly.

This is the first time a real modern AAA engine is used on a sim like this. The modern use of satellite imagery and mesh algorithms means the whole world will probably look great from up high. It's a flight sim revolution.

But rest assured, if you land in the middle of the wilderness, no human hand has sculpted anything there, and it will still probably be sparse and low on detail. It's simply not possible to polish the whole actual world. Of course, AI and satellites means even that will feel realer than before from the sky. But you will still be able to take screen captures that would lead uninformed forum users to go "ew" and "downgrade".