• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Pretty sure this is the game that will get me to upgrade my 2500k/GTX680. Or star citizen, whichever comes out first...

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Those second and third screenshots are what I want the next Elder Scrolls game to look like. Goddamn that's impressive.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Very nice looking game indeed, my only fear is all the areas with just flat textures on the ground but they can't model the whole planet

OP
OP

iamthatiam

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
well they are using images of the real locations.

it won't obviously. this is a flying game. the only time you're gonna be on/near the ground is at the airports. they can afford to make everything look this good because it's really just scenery.

still, if RDR2 is anything to go by then next gen will look amazing:

rdr2-14.original.jpg

There are still buildings when you get to a city airport

flight3f5j2d.png

flight2y9kjr.png

Video

Last edited:

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
When they started talking about PC gaming in their E3 conference and led with Flight Simulator, I knew they had the right strategy in place.

I can't wait to fly between the airport near my house to the airport near my work.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
First time I've ever hopped into a thread saying "this is the best looking game ever" and not see a bunch of disputes.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
This is currently my most anticipated game. Everything is looking great and I´m very glad that Microsoft decided to revive this franchise. This time, the use of cloud tech will probably redefine some boundaries.
I´m sure that Google has something comparable to this on its sleeve (some Stadia + Google Earth / Maps project or something).

To get this through Game Pass and somehow running on a X is something I still can´t really believe.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
This is the first time where I think something like that can only be done by a company like Microsoft. Amazing!

I believe at E3 they said the PC version will be out first next year, right? With consoles coming later, I wouldn't be surprised if we see this on Scarlett.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Those graphics are amazing, I wish my PC wasn't such a piece of shit.

I'm really curious to see how is this going to look on the X1.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I know the cloud handles some of the rendering but still wary if my machine will be up to snuff to qualify for the alpha...signed up so fingers crossed. Looks positively stunning. This with my Oculus Quest over Virtual Desktop and a HOTAS.../Homer drool

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
This warrants a PC upgrade.
Besides, think of all the money you'd be saving in plane tickets :P

I expect things to kind of start falling apart as you get closer to the ground ( those cities still look very detailed at relatively low altitudes, though) but this looks so good.
I wonder what else could this tech and assets be used for..

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Is the reason for the game looking photo-realistic is essentially because it is using google earth's photographic data for texturing topography and is being potentially allied to PBR?

Vasto

May 26, 2019
I watched the E3 trailer on my 4K HDR Samsung and thought to my self that this is the 1st game I have seen that looks like a Next Gen game.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Is the reason for the game looking photo-realistic is essentially because it is using google earth's photographic data for texturing topography and is being potentially allied to PBR?

It's Bing's satellite data, and as you can see in the thread linked a few posts up, it's then populated with various objects and mesh scenery, auto-generated trees and buildings, water, AI clean-up, mixed with manually sculpted and designed parts in prioritized areas.

OP
OP

iamthatiam

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
It's Bing's satellite data, and as you can see in the thread linked a few posts up, it's then populated with various objects and mesh scenery, auto-generated trees and buildings, water, AI clean-up, mixed with manually sculpted and designed parts in prioritized areas.
It's basically using sat data as topography to determine where everything goes rather than using something generated from world machine.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
God, it looks so good. I wish my uncle could have seen this; he put so much time into Flight Simulator X.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to try this as soon as there are jet fighters, or at least very nimble jets. I like doing stupid aerobatics in the sky, not really following a flight plan from one city to another.