• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iamthatiam

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
flightnkkv6.png

(You have to login as insider to access this link)

Their Tech Alpha recruitment has officially started! If you would like to register for participation in the upcoming Tech Alpha, follow the link and fill out their qualification survey. You also need to upload a dxdiag info of your PC rig.

There are about 10 new videos.

Five of my favorites. The graphics are INSANE. This has to be the first OFFICIAL Next Gen Game. It HAS to be!

(Direct feed to the videos)

Now THIS is just too much... The cloud tech is simply unmatched!

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/March Early Shorline.mp4?_=5

Some Screens

Ascending-through-the-clouds.jpg

Intheweeds-2048x1152.png

flight219jcu.png

Fly me over a river if old...

Last edited:

Sincerest

Jan 22, 2018
Well, God DAMN at that screen shot. Fuck.

Edit: That second, and fourth video. I hope it looks half as good on the One X.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
That cloud tech is something else man.

It's probably time for me to get back into ms flight again, it's been a while, legit one of the most relaxing games around, except for the landings, fuck those.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
How are they able to have those kind of graphics in a flight sim???

I remember playing Flight Sims back in the 90's and as far as the ground textures, etc went they always looked outdated in that department because of the sheer size of the world and things.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
There is nothing I want to do more than just get up there and fly around while listening to podcasts, this will be my forever game.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
How are they able to have those kind of graphics in a flight sim???

I remember playing Flight Sims back in the 90's and as far as the ground textures, etc went they always looked outdated, etc in that department because of the sheer size of the world and things.
The power.... OF THE CLOUD! Seriously, this is all coming from the cloud using satellite imaging tech. No way to put textures like that into one package without having a 10 tb hard drive (conservatively).

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
The power.... OF THE CLOUD! Seriously, this is all coming from the cloud using satellite imaging tech. No way to put textures like that into one package without having a 10 tb hard drive (conservatively).

Interestingly, when filling out the survey, you're asked how fast your internet is and whether you've a quota to worry about, which makes me wonder about the size of the game/expected size of updates.

Edit: Also, "The Power of the Cloud" absolutely has to be the OT title, haha.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Interestingly, when filling out the survey, you're asked how fast your internet is and whether you've a quota to worry about, which makes me wonder about the size of the game/expected size of updates.
I think the base game will be reasonable but it will need to download the renders of areas you're heading to as you play.

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It would not surprise me if some of it was even streamed / downloaded on the fly when it's needed

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
I really hope next generation systems can come close to those visuals cause hot damn is that pretty.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is a shoe-on for a VR mode, right? My dad used to fly and I would kind of love being able to hook this up for him. I think he'd go wild for it. It's so absolutely gorgeous.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
WOW it looks insane! This is another level of photorealism.
This game will become the benchmark for graphical comparisons based on these shots.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played a flight sim since the 90's. This makes me want to play one again. I'm sure I'll immediately regret it

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I grew up playing flight simulator and it is CRAZY how far we have come.

I mean... look at this
asd-boeing.gif

How can you not love gaming?

So excited to gift this game to my dad and surprise him. I don't think he's even aware something like this is coming out.

Haven't played a flight sim since the 90's. This makes me want to play one again. I'm sure I'll immediately regret it

This is only what I heard... Since the game is coming to xbox, they will offer a "simplified" control scheme so you can play with a controller. That means that if you just want to simply fly around with all the crazy details, you can.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Hot damn. So glad Simulator is back with clearly a proper budget.

Edit: Also, "The Power of the Cloud" absolutely has to be the OT title, haha.

I was taking the survey on my phone when it asked if I was on the PC I intend to play on. Clearly this is a real test of bandwidth and computer performance. Will have to fill this out when I'm back home.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Wow. Last flight sim I played (besides Ace Combat) was... from the early 2000s?

This looks amazing

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Hot damn. So glad Simulator is back with clearly a proper budget.

I was taking the survey on my phone when it asked if I was on the PC I intend to play on. Clearly this is a real test of bandwidth and computer performance. Will have to fill this out when I'm back home.

Pretty much the only thing they grab from you in that step is a copy of your dxdiag results.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya those gifs are ridiculous.... I've never played a flight simulator before but always wanted to be a pilot when I was young. My dreams coming true!

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am sure this isn't true. But the stall vid...is that a left eye crop from a VR headset? It doesn't move as much but its noticable different and has some motion vector blur artifacts none of the others do. Probably just a weird crop from the maker and some kind of compression.