• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was watching some b-roll footage of a preview on YouTube, the game looks amazing. I'm floored seeing this type of graphical fidelity.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It looks amazing. Though it hurts a little knowing that I wouldn't be able to use this with my Index headset.. but I look forward to a chance to do that in the future.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized...outside of VR this will likely be an xCloud seller. Considering the likely graphical and streaming requirements for the game, xCloud will likely make this way more accessible. Streaming latency won't even be noticeable here.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm so im correct to say that will be playable with a xbox controler?
How it will even work?

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Hmmm so im correct to say that will be playable with a xbox controler?
How it will even work?

I often play X-Plane with an Xbox controller (despite owning a HOTAS setup).

Left stick > regular plane joystick
Right stick > look around
Triggers > Rudder
Top buttons > Throttle
Face buttons > Trim, gear and flaps
Stick buttons > View controls
Dpad - More view controls

Works just fine for VFR in a light aircraft.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Squirrel is great...I have been following his content for many years. I never thought I'd see the day of him getting a mention here on era :)

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
With them using Bing Maps, it makes me wonder how good a Google Stadia Flight Simulator could be, considering how impressive Google Earth already is in VR. Combine that with the ability to do tons of cloud computing similar to MS's Azure infrastructure.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
This game is looking phenomenal. Incredible technology at work here.
I'm really hoping to see more exotic locations down the road. The Earth is huge after all.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that looks great. Wonder if they will offer an arcade like mode for people who aren't interested in the simulation aspect.

Either way, game looks awesome.

NoPiece

Oct 28, 2017
The flight sim team released a really interesting video today talking about the tech aspects of modeling the world.

www.youtube.com

Feature Discovery Series Episode 1: World

Watch as Lead Engine Programmer Lionel Fuentes talks about the World in the next evolution of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Some highlights:

Includes offline mode at lower detail (which still looks pretty good)
They have over 2 million cities, and photogrammetry for 400
>1.5 Trillion trees!!!
Procedural generation down to individual grass blades

It's looking amazing, and I can't wait for this.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Goddamn. Can't wait to play Scarlet's version.

Can we please (also) have some kind of spin-off HORIZON-y/Dogfighting game with this tech?

:salivating:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
According to the insider area, invites for the beta should be going out within the next few days.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
That's why I'm even more excited lol. Says they start on the 17th. So hopefully, please please please, let me finally get in one of these lol.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't think I got into the first alpha wave. :(

Although from the sounds of it there weren't a lot of invites for this round, so heres hoping the number increases during the next few weeks.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Well I don't think I got into the first alpha wave. :(

Although from the sounds of it there weren't a lot of invites for this round, so heres hoping the number increases during the next few weeks.
While we can say we didn't get in lol, I wonder if those that did are able to say they are, share anything, etc.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
XCub.jpg
IconA5.jpg
DA62_2.jpg
DA62.jpg
DA62_1.jpg

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What sort of progression do you do in this game? Build your own franchise or anything like that? Or is it "just" flying?

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Happy to see some airport close-ups, hope we get more looks at those soon.

Beach also looks great.

What sort of progression do you do in this game? Build your own franchise or anything like that? Or is it "just" flying?

Well we don't know yet. Earlier MS Flight Sims had missions, but they were separate, not part of some career. I guess the flight school was the closest to progression.

I'm sure there will be missions and various modes, but no idea if it will be a career thing. Hardcore simmers make their own 'story mode'. Like plotting a trip round the world with various stops along the way, or basing it on real life flights.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Happy to see some airport close-ups, hope we get more looks at those soon.

Beach also looks great.

Well we don't know yet. Earlier MS Flight Sims had missions, but they were separate, not part of some career. I guess the flight school was the closest to progression.

I'm sure there will be missions and various modes, but no idea if it will be a career thing. Hardcore simmers make their own 'story mode'. Like plotting a trip round the world with various stops along the way, or basing it on real life flights.

Thanks!