• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
New trailer by Microsoft today, and Holy Mother of God this sim is going to be revolutionary:

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Much like how I automatically gravitate towards the European exotics in racing games, I want to fly jumbo jets in this game. They have the 747 in there, but I want the historical stuff, too. Give me a vintage 707 with a period-correct Pan Am livery, or an L-1011 with period-correct Delta livery.

Hell, give me the goddamn Concorde and bake an achievement into the game for performing a flight from JFK to Heathrow in 5 hours or less.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Discovery Ep 3 is up now, this one is on the improved Aerodynamics and WOW this is the most detailed flight model ever put into a sim!

Iced_Eagle

Dec 26, 2017
Reminder that they moved the next update to today. What is planned to be up in the next few hours:

- Feature Discovery Video episode #4 - Cockpits
- Tech Alpha #2 Recruiting
- Feedback Snapshot v1

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I hope VR support gets added eventually but yeah who knows after Spencer's recent comments.

Those cockpits look so nice, having hand tracking support to be able to interact with the whole thing manually would be perfect.

I wonder what the viability for modding will be like, hopefully the community will be able to add this kind of stuff if they don't include it.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So has the alpha already started for this? If so wonder how many got in. I want to try this out with a HOTAS so bad, especially after my gpu upgrade.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
So has the alpha already started for this? If so wonder how many got in. I want to try this out with a HOTAS so bad, especially after my gpu upgrade.

Yep, first wave alpha testers are flying in the sim right now. Don't know how many got in but it seems like a conservative sized wave, a lot of applicants did not get in. Yet.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Out of curiosity, how will this game handle things like theme parks and such? Wouldn't some parts like Hogwarts Castle and Star Wars be kept out of the game by trademarks?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Seasons confirmed. Wow. This new sim can't come soon enough for me, I have lost all interest in flying P3D anymore.