• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.purexbox.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator Receives Surprise PEGI Rating For Xbox One

Is it a mistake or the real deal?
The outstanding Microsoft Flight Simulator was finally announced in 2020 as coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S this summer, with no sign of an Xbox One version at the time, seemingly due to the high demands of the sim.

However, Xbox fans have discovered that the game recently received a PEGI rating in Europe for Xbox One, which on paper would appear to suggest that some kind of last-gen version might be in the works as well.

That said, it's definitely worth taking this with a pinch of salt. PEGI ratings aren't always correct, and the Flight Sim development team did state back in January that it was "too early" to talk about a potential Xbox One version.

Games Ratings Authority

Find age ratings for the latest video games, and how to set up parental controls to help keep your children safe.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox One rating has been published but no Xbox Series X/S rating.

I'd say you're safe to assume that this is just the series version incorrectly labelled.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
leaked screenshot of the xb1 version

514tjqqtwtlbrj6a.jpeg

/s

carlosrso

Oct 27, 2017
Ipatinga, Brazil
There is zero chance of this game working on the jaguar cpu of the xbox one, no chance. As said above, it seems like a mistake of the Series X version being uncorrectly labeled as xbox one.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a series X yet but I hope this port runs well because I really want to play it someday. And it's going to be on game pass? That's crazy.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Just last week I bought Thrustmaster's T-Flight One HOTAS for Xbox, in preparation for this. Let it come!

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I mean, to my knowledge this is an always online game due to the data it's constantly getting from the cloud. Perhaps this version runs on XCloud?

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I mean, to my knowledge this is an always online game due to the data it's constantly getting from the cloud. Perhaps this version runs on XCloud?
Its not always online. And its not gonna run om xcloud because xcloud already runs on xbox one hardware so it would make no difference except for being even worse.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Its not always online. And its not gonna run om xcloud because xcloud already runs on xbox one hardware so it would make no difference except for being even worse.
xCloud will eventually use Series X server blades though, so it might be possible in the future.

Anyway, I hope this releases soon on console. As an avid traveler this game is exactly what I need as the pandemic rages on in Europe.... :(

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Iirc Phil straight up said they'd allow XB1 to play SX games via xcloud but this is probably a native port. The game is demanding but it can still run at 720p lowest on something like a 1050
As I recall the game is demanding on the CPU.
It will struggle enough on the series S, the One S probably wouldn't get past the menus
It's running on a 1050. This game won't stuggle on Series S, since the CPU of the little console is awesome and the GPU is much better than a 1050.