• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Can I hook up a stick and keyboard and mouse to an xbox to play this? My biggest question. (I know it's coming to PC first, but I'd rather not have to do the gaming pc thing again to run this)

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
is this going to be on gamepass? it looks absolutely amazing but it's something I'll probably only play once or twice.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I used to be hardcore into FS in the early 2000's, even to the point of making plane addons.

I see a flight sim looking this good, that I can play on a console is just insane.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Its the whole world in the game, or just some areas?
If it is i really want to see my city.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
Gtb8ldm.gif

The visuals are just so incredible.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Whole world, streamed.
Insane stuff. Hope all cities have the same care as the most important ones, but that seems insane to me. Do they use somesuper adavnced map information with building elevations and everythings. Seeing how bad it looks in google maps and how good cities look here, if it uses a similar tech it just crazy.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eye melting.

I liked the bit closer to the ground too, was wondering how the look would differ at low altitudes but seems quite detailed in that tiny snippet.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'm really hoping this game has a mode for people with short attention spans. It looks really neat but the full on simulation thing and long flights just isn't for me. Give it some Pilot Wings touches and I'll be all in.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Insane stuff. Hope all cities have the same care as the most important ones, but that seems insane to me. Do they use somesuper adavnced map information with building elevations and everythings. Seeing how bad it looks in google maps and how good cities look here, if it uses a similar tech it just crazy.
Uses Bing maps tech, 3 petabytes of data, some down to 3cm resolution.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I suspect they won't be playing the dramatic music at you every second you're flying, and that part really helps sell the visuals here. I wonder what the soundscape will be like? Will I need noise cancelling headphones to play it, or they going to find a way to bend realism and spice things up a little with a dynamic soundtrack of some kind?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Damn!
I used bing maps aerial photos to recreate a park in my country in planet coaster and I always felt they looked better than the google maps of the same place.

I don't think every m2 of the Earth is gonna be as lovingly detailed as say, the major cities/surroundings. But I suspect it'll still look pretty rad.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Were Airbus/boeing planes in the previous games by default? Because I love I can use a 320neo and a 747-800.