• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Not down-playing how good this looks, but have you kept up with some of the X-Plane cloud/weather plugins? It's hard to compare with the small amount of footage here, but some of those plugins are pretty amazing.
Admittedly, I haven't really kept up with xplane add-ons since the 737 classic came out, but the simulation of cumulonimbus clouds were always kind of a weak point in Xplane (and most flight sims). MSFS 2020 is the first time I've ever seen them look right.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol

So, more seriously, there may be some "assisted" modes where you don't have to worry about various factors and can "fly the plane" around, maybe even land successfully. There may also be some "preset scenarios" where, for e.g., it starts you up in the middle of a flight and then you have to perform some kind of maneuver or landing or whatever (along with a tutorial type thing). There will most certainly be beginner tutorials which will ease you into flying smaller planes, which are honestly not that complicated to fly.

But to give you an idea, it is absolutely normal in a flight sim "game" to first chart your flight plan out properly, start up a Boeing 747 cold, which you learn by reading a Boeing 747 operation manual -- things like enabling the APU, turning on the various flight systems, do a prep check, taxi to the runway -- all of these things before your have even left the ground in your plane. I'm not saying everyone does it, or that you ever will, but many do.
They said they will account for console players and casuals well, so I assume there will be a super easy mode
Thanks you two :)

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did they model the entire world? O: That would be kinda crazy, but it looks as if the entire world will be available to fly over in greatest detail.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely crazy detail.

Any recent talk of adding VR support? I searched and found "We'll push for it" quotes, but what is the plan right now?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I take it this will be announced for Scarlett next year?
They have already said it will hit Xbox One sometime after the PC release.
Can I hook up a stick and keyboard and mouse to an xbox to play this? My biggest question. (I know it's coming to PC first, but I'd rather not have to do the gaming pc thing again to run this)
I assume it will support all kinds of control types on both platforms. I wouldn't expect it to hit xbox one until 2021 at the earliest though.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

shocked-will-smith.gif

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Im so curious to see how well my city is rendered.

Also curious about how theme/amusement parks will look.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
That IGN video is pretty insane.... things I noticed

1) low flying over Venice was impressive as hell.. shadow cast on water was very cool
2) South Hampton.. the clouds and how it changes the lighting on the ground WOW
3) Fog in the last city. .. mind blowing
4) Certainly some pop in which is to be expected and who knows on the final product
5) Noticed a few floating cars at the top of the building level, another thing that no doubt will be tweaked but I can forgive stuff like this

Super excited to see my home town (Twin Cities) and explore so many places I have wanted to visit...

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They should so a marketing collab with Gamepass. Instead of "Discover you favorite game' it needs to say "Discover your next house"

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Genuinely excited for this after the drought of MS Flight Sim releases.
That trailer was truly next gen and out of this world, have watched it almost 10 times now, amazing jump cuts with great music sealed the deal.
Just think about it, it has taken over 20 years of technology to get a game like this, only possible with the advances in rendering technology and graphics power we now have, and not to forget the cloud integration and bing MAPs integration of the entire planet!!!

Can't wait for release!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
there are smudges and scratches on the glass. The muffled engine sound inside sounds really realistic as well.

Argus

Oct 27, 2017
You know what I really want this game to have? A "What's that?" feature. You can just look at a building or bridge or whatever and click it, and a link gets made to tell you what that big fancy building is in the real world. They are already streaming information from their map. Would help with the virtual sightseeing motif.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I really want this game to have? A "What's that?" feature. You can just look at a building or bridge or whatever and click it, and a link gets made to tell you what that big fancy building is in the real world. They are already streaming information from their map. Would help with the virtual sightseeing motif.
That's a fantastic idea!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

Great idea.