• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
It still won't install for me and others.
Next week! Maybe the patch helps! Hopefully! Who knows! This mess will likely still be broken! I dont know what I am doing! Trying to install this for 10 hours might have driven me insane! Slightly! Surely!

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Next week! Maybe the patch helps! Hopefully! Who knows! This mess will likely still be broken! I dont know what I am doing! Trying to install this for 10 hours might have driven me insane! Slightly! Surely!

lol, have they communicated about these issues? I missed that. Hopefully that patch will fix the issues, I guess I'll give it one more shot.

May 24, 2019
Do we get a new thread for every promo?

edit: Sorry. I guess that's thread whining. I just think we might be getting a Flight Sim thread overload.

To get on topic, plotting a flight from Tokyo to Osaka and passing right by Mt Fiji has been my top experience in the sim so far. It's seriously beautiful (especially with the right cloud settings.)

Last edited:

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
lol, have they communicated about these issues? I missed that. Hopefully that patch will fix the issues, I guess I'll give it one more shot.
Yeah, several installation/downloading issues are supposed to get fixed next week. But considering the state the installer was in, I wouldnt be surprised if it only fixes 5 out of... 243 installation issues.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, the score on that trailer is amazing. Does the actual game have music like this?

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
This needs to come out for Series X. Launch window would suffice (before the end of the year). All would be forgiven.

Make it happen Phil.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
lol idk who decided it's more important to model out the Indonesia Convention Exhibition than let's say the National Monument, or the Borobudur temple :p

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Do we get a new thread for every promo?

edit: Sorry. I guess that's thread whining. I just think we might be getting a Flight Sim thread overload.

Were you around for the Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima launches on here? lol

At least this is a new video. With those games, every stray thought was getting it's own new topic for a while.

May 24, 2019
lol idk who decided it's more important to model out the Indonesia Convention Exhibition than let's say the National Monument, or the Borobudur temple :p

In New Zealand we've got one handmade lighthouse instead of the Sky Tower or Beehive.
edit: We do have a premium airport, but I'm just talking buildings and monuments.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
When using internet to download textures/maps to the game, does the game disk space constantly increase to the point where there's none left?

DaCocoBrova

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome video. The sim is so relaxing to play and exploring the world is amazing.

Even when you don't play it, and let auto pilot do the work you can really enjoy the sights. I watched the sun rise the other morning, flying from DC to ISLIP at 6am, after dialing in the performance settings (integer scalin!). A very memorable experience.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
That was fantastic. I am very excited to actually cop this, probably end of September.

Were you around for the Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima launches on here? lol

At least this is a new video. With those games, every stray thought was getting it's own new topic for a while.

Or the constant threads of Phil Spencer says '...'

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
kuwait, uae and oman are there but not saudi arabia even though saudi arabia is by far the largest and most geographically diverse of the middle east. why is that?

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Gorgeous trailer. It's easy to get lost in this game, and just spend hours cruising over cities, and flying through the mountains.

It still won't install for me and others.

Do you have a second computer to try on or a friend who has it working, the 91GB of files the installer downloads don't seem to be encrypted. You can probably copy that data and paste it into the folder on your main PC if that helps.

I had some issues on launch day for my second PC, but I've been able to install it multiple PCs no problem since then. Hopefully they iron all of this out. I think it was a mistake for them not to include the bulk of the original game in the main steam/Microsoft Store install.