• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
If there is something really big like MCC coming too, I would think Nintendo would want to keep that saved for E3. That's too big to let out at GDC.

I agree. That would be an E3 bombshell, not something for GDC or a Direct.

Alongside Rare's titles hitting Switch, accompanied by a potential Banjo or Joanna Dark appearance in Smash Bros, it would absolutely shake the industry. Not something to be treated so lightly as to be revealed outside of E3.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
OK, I've always tought of Tunic as a Cuphead kind of deal with Microsoft and the developer, anyways wathever the case maybe I would love to have it on my Switch!
Well, Cuphead is an indie game too.

It's true that Xbox had a deal with the team behind Cuphead, but that's quite common for high profile indie games. Since the studio owns the rights to Cuphead, I never thought the IP would remain exclusive forever. I'll admit I thought the exclusivity window would be longer though.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Cuphead is a great start, and we'll probably be getting Ori soon. Super Lucky's Tale was also rumored a while ago, and we're getting some hints at MCC. The only thing I would really need after those is Rare Replay.

Or Banjo-Threeie for Xbox One/Switch/PC, but that isn't happening.

EDIT: And Goldeneye Remastered being the rumored cancelled game that Nintendo is reviving would be an amazing hat-trick.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Especially if Master Chief is coming to Smash Bros. Ultimate as well.

If it would be anyone, it would be Banjo/Kazooie and Joanna Dark.

Joanna Dark was supposed to be in Melee originally anyway; but was cut due to the impending Rare sale (the proximity mine item survived intact with the PD name scrubbed from it though!)

Sakurai knows that they are the two (and a half!) characters that Nintendo fans have wanted the most since Melee; but they have never been a realistic possibility until now!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES! ori 1 (and hopefully 2 in the future) would be super appreciated.
i'm stanning MS so hard these days. they're doing a lot of good things. rooting for their success in next gen.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If it would be anyone, it would be Banjo/Kazooie and Joanna Dark.

Joanna Dark was supposed to be in Melee originally anyway; but was cut due to the impending Rare sale (the proximity mine item survived intact with the PD name scrubbed from it though!)
Nah, they arent big enough for a Smash debut - same way SE brought in Cloud because its their biggest characters even though they have other charterers that resemble more with the Nintendo audience.

I think Steve or MC are the only ones Nintendo would even consider making an exception for.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
So I'm guessing more ports like Cuphead would be stuff like ID@Xbox stuff? I don't know if I see bigger titles making the jump.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's time for the Lost Odyssey and The Last Story Mistwalker Dual Pack on Switch to overtake Fortnite as the highest grossing video game.

But seriously, seeing Mistwalker on a console again would be neat.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I don't know if we'll get Rare Replay strictly due to emulation issues but I could definitely see (read: hope for) the Banjo games + Diddy Kong Racing.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
That isn't true at all. The only Rare characters Sakurai has ever commented on are Banjo and James Bond. The Proximity Mine is probably just a remainder of a smaller presence for Rare (like a few trophies), all of which were cut for obvious reasons.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Goldeneye XB1/Switch with crossplay and I'm interested in this partnership. Shit would PRINT money.

I can see Ori and Sea of Thieves coming eventually too, but selfishly I can't really care about portable downports. I'm a docked Switch person.

Diddy Kong

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the Rare 360 games available on Xbox Game Pass? If so maybe a Rare Replay Switch port is possible if Game Pass is really coming to Switch.

Oct 29, 2017
Nah, they arent big enough for a Smash debut - same way SE brought in Cloud because its their biggest characters even though they have other charterers that resemble more with the Nintendo audience.

I think Steve or MC are the only ones Nintendo would even consider making an exception for.

They literally just brought back King K-rool! Nintendo and Sakurai know what their fans want.

They want Banjo and Joanna!

coma

Oct 28, 2017
If they could get Sea of Thieves running on a Switch, I think it would really resonate with that audience. The influx of new players would be great for the game too.

Same goes for Killer Instinct.

As someone who will still primarily play on Xbox, increased player bases for their multiplayer games would be sweet.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
Blue Dragon isn't owned by MS, so it's a matter of getting the developer (doing mobile games) onboard. I wish Nintendo could somehow do so. And Joanna would slay in Smash

Oct 29, 2017
Blue Dragon isn't owned by MS, so it's a matter of getting the developer (doing mobile games) onboard. I wish Nintendo could somehow do so. And Joanna would slay in Smash

Nintendo have a long-term partnership with Arzest; the people who made the original Blue Dragon.

That wouldn't be a problem.

And yes, MS do own the Blue Dragon IP. That didn't stop them from releasing Blue Dragon + on the DS though!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing more ports like Cuphead would be stuff like ID@Xbox stuff? I don't know if I see bigger titles making the jump.

I could see at least one "traditionally big" IP to release from MS on Switch out of all this. The full MCC seems way too wild a project to port but something like a multiplayer focused version of the collection or one of the games like Reach or CEA made standalone seems possible.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They literally just brought back King K-rool! Nintendo and Sakurai know what their fans want.

They want Banjo and Joanna!
That a Nintendo charterer - we are talking about outside devs.
Konami, Capcom, Bamco, SE, Sega etc. - they go for the most iconic characters in these cases and MC is the biggest MS has to offer.

They want people to spend money on the DLC - Banjo or Joanna would be nice, but no substitute for MC in terms of shock value. There is also a new Halo game coming up + MCC might coming to Switch, i would assume that MS would also want the MC in it if they had a choice.

The exception for Banjo would be if they have a new game in development as well.

Oct 29, 2017
That a Nintendo charterer - we are talking about outside devs.
Konami, Capcom, Bamco, SE, Sega etc. - they go for the most iconic characters in these cases and MC is the biggest MS has to offer.

They want people to spend money on the DLC - Banjo or Joanna would be nice, but no substitute for MC in terms of shock value. There is also a new Halo game coming up + MCC might coming to Switch, i would assume that MS would also want the MC in it if they had a choice.

The exception for Banjo would be if they have a new game in development as well.

King K-rool is a character who has been out of action for decades. He is an iconic Rare designed character that fans have been requesting ever since Melee.

Banjo and Joanna Dark fit exactly the same bill; only they were impossible until now.

There is no way that Master Chief would get in before Banjo or Joanna Dark. Not in a million years. They are still seen as Nintendo characters and are absolutely iconic of the N64 era. They hold so much more weight in Nintendo's history than literally any other 3rd party character, that it would be insulting to choose any other Microsoft owned character before them.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I really just want Banjo to come home to Nintendo. Bird and Bear in Smash please.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ori is definitely coming then. Could see MCC coming too...

I'm really bummed there's no hint of classic Rare games coming. What the heck Microsoft and Nintendo.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Ori is a given. Beyond that, I don't know. File sizes for some titles could be an issue, I think.