• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, of course. While I don't know the whole story behind their "blessing" I've always been skeptical this would stay online for too long... it's pretty blatant and no sane entity would allow their IP to be appropriated like that. (as awesome as the product is)

I hope that 343 can make it right by bringing a fully supported MCC to PC, and given the quote in the OP I would imagine that is in the works..

Unfortunately, due to the fact that it was allowed to go this far, the fallout will likely be pretty harsh for 343.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising whatsoever, especially with it getting so much attention, but, well, still a bit disappointing to see. :\

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Wild how much a headline can change attitudes

4d5e0fa6-cd25-4f81-aa28-8a6b2a32d1e1.png

7ad79dc6-f641-4436-bdfa-5dddee7ee728.png

Unfortunate. Definitely not my intention with my headline.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll never understand why people do this. You know your work is going to be slapped with a cease and desist. I'm honestly surprised Installation 01 was allowed to continue.

Resume/Portfolio builder. Gather attention so when you release a more "legitimate" project people will see it and what you did in the past and might take the project more seriously knowing what your capable of. Just experience really.

People theorize that the latter was the main goal of the fan made Battlefront game. They knew it wasn't going to last but the more they were to show publicly the more people started taking them more seriously. As soon as they got a C&D they said they would work on something original and I guarantee more people have their eyes on them now then they would have originally.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
"either do what i want or let me steal your shit"

you must hate nintendo shutting down all fangames without even having pc versions then
Don't do those kind of quotes. It's not as clever as you think it is.

Do you know what Halo Online was?

Do you know it's not actually available unless you download it illegally?

No. Nor am I advocating it's theft it just venting frustrations as a gamer over them not giving people what they have obviously wanted for a very long time.

ClintStevens

Oct 27, 2017
NOOOOOOOO I just finished playing this today lmao its so fun. Kinda expected though with summit streaming it to 20k people today

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
This thread reads like the Halo Online reddit, some of these posts are utterly embarrassing.

Why not hire the modders and support this while readying up a proper release?
343 already has ex-modders working on their legacy team, they're working on MCC right now and have very openly acknowledged that the community wants a PC release.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
The amount of blatant headassery from the posters in this thread never ceases to amaze me.

Do you people actually have a reputable and cohesive argument regarding the Halo IP never making it to PC despite 343 stating otherwise? Like goddamn Bonnie Ross could brand the announcement made MONTHS ago on someone's back and you marks would still be skeptical.

Constant gamer cynicism is fuckingnexhausting

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this the last couple of weeks and the latest update was so good! It's a shame but I think there's a pretty good chance MCC is making its way to PC in the near future. MS and 343 would be dumb not to move forward with this.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Again to post this here

One thing remains clear – the community really wants more Halo on PC. As we look ahead, we're very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC and we hope to be able to partner with the ElDewrito team and broader mod and content creation community to help inform the types of experiences and features our fans desire

Bring em on for MCC PC I guess

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing not clever here was your post.
Unless you can give a very good reason for a company not caring about protecting their IPs if they don't release pc versions
I wasn't trying to be clever I was airing frustrations as a gamer. It's okay I promise Microsoft won't take my advice.

Do you know what Halo Online was?

Do you know it's not actually available unless you download it illegally?

No. Nor am I advocating it's theft it just venting frustrations over them not giving people what they have obviously wanted for a very long time.

Oct 25, 2017
People have been expecting that for years, nothing has come of it.
This is like an incredibly small microcosm of what the Halo Online Mod reddit was like when the update launched, just reckless spite for the hell of it.

When even r/halo was looking at them and saying 'maybe you should tone it down', you know you've gone off the deep end.

This is expected, and for people who want classic Halo on PC there's always Installation 01.

I expect we'll eventually see a MCC port, but they're not going to do it until they fix it for console.

Oct 27, 2017
RELAX
Microsoft can't shut this game down. It's P2P. Microsoft can't do crap

What this means is the game will never ever be updated again and the devs will be nowhere to be seen, and you will have a rough time finding a way to download the game.

Lots of "shut down" mods are still played today. Relax.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
RELAX
Microsoft can't shut this game down. It's P2P. Microsoft can't do crap

What this means is the game will never ever be updated again and the devs will be nowhere to be seen, and you will have a rough time finding a way to download the game.

Lots of "shut down" mods are still played today. Relax.
Doubt it. I have a strong feeling people will still be developing it and distributing it easily. Eldewrito is Open-source AFAIK. That means anyone can change it up.

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
How can they shut it down? Alteriw (mw2 with dedicated servers) outlasted multiple shutdowns. Hell, its up in some form right now with people playing.

People can just dl a torrent and make the games to themselves.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Doubt it. I have a strong feeling people will still be developing it and distributing it easily. Eldewrito is Open-source AFAIK. That means anyone can change it up.

So the only thing it changes is 343 making it clear that they're not okay with people using their IP freely for legal purposes and it not changing the fact that people can still play it and even update it, just not advertise it

what a bunch of dicks

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the only thing it changes is 343 making it clear that they're not okay with people using their IP freely for legal purposes and it not changing the fact that people can still play it and even update it, just not advertise it

what a bunch of dicks

Thing is, they are cool with the game or at the very least see the value in making people think they were alright with it.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
So they dont have any bridges left? Are they on an island now? 343 has to be one of the worst ran devs in the business, nothing but problems and excuses coming from them.
How about inviting the developers of the mod to the studio to discuss the future of Halo on PC? I consider that a bridge. But go ahead and continue complaining. Anyone who thought they'd allow something like this to continue is being naive.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you mods for merging. This thread is infinitely better than mine, and I'm sorry my headline was horrible.

---

This is an IP protection move, and it makes complete sense.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
How about inviting the developers of the mod to the studio to discuss the future of Halo on PC? I consider that a bridge. But go ahead and continue complaining. Anyone who thought they'd allow something like this to continue is being naive.
I'm not complaing about them shutting this down? It's not their IP to keep Dewrito going.
I responded to someone saying they burned a bridge with PC gamers.