• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018

Comes from Gamerant. Important note is the Bethesda negotiations took approximately three years and whatever deal this is has been in the works for some time. Expected to be announced if it happens by the end of this year or the beginning of 2022.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Are they trying to snap their fingers and erase half of the consoles in existence

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Capitalism. All I hope is they allow studios to flourish and enhance Gamepass as THE premier digital video game platform. Ain't nothing wrong with a Netflix version of gaming IMO, but they gotta let creative juices alone.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
User banned (1 week): platform wars, multiple prior related bans
Microsoft making it their mission to ruin the games industry?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
There isnt any other big private publishers right? So if it's a big publisher it's got to be a public one.

The Gamepass pipeline needs more fuel, it's going to be insane in a couple of years.

Edit: EA is NOT Bethesda sized. An EA acquisition would be north of 50 billion.
Is Ubi cheaper than EA?
Way cheaper, EA is like 4x bigger.

CD Projekt Red for instance earlier this year was valued more than all of Ubisoft.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of anyone but EA. I wish they would just buy BioWare from EA TBH.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
haha they're going for fucking EA aint they
Not unless they are really, really stretching the idea of a "Bethesda size" acquisition, because EA are enormously bigger than Bethesda. The Bethesda purchase is tagged at US$7.5B, EA's current market cap is US$41.48B and Microsoft would have to pay a premium over that.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
haha they're going for fucking EA aint they
Don't know if I would like that.
On the other hand Microsoft would probably actually do something with their dormant IPs.
But EA isn't in financial trouble, are they?
I mean Bethesda had a couple of flops in the past few years, so they couldn't go on like they did forever.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
bruh, fucking stop with buying big publishers

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Buying EA is like console monopoly territory exclusive wise, that shit is wild
As long as it comes to pc still i'm set

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA seems like a bad purchase... Outside of the bad MTX-infected sports games they make there's DICE, Respawn... and that's it. They don't offer enough to Game Pass to make it worth the astronomical price.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like the most nothing rumour. Microsoft said that they want to do more acquisitions eventually, it doesn't take a genius to just add a rough company size to it and claim its some insider knowledge.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
Sony is so screwed. I already think they will be in a very bad position when all the current aquisitions start pumping out big exclusives every 2-4 months, and it will only get worse if Microsoft buys another big size acquisition.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
What other publishers are Bethesda sized? EA and Take Two are both several times larger (market caps of 41.48 billion and 23.04 billion respectively)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Sony is so screwed. I already think they will be in a very bad position when all the current aquisitions start pumping out big exclusives every 2-4 months, and it will only get worse if Microsoft buys another big size acquisition.
People like to think posts like these are just trolling or meming but I 100% agree here. By the end of this new generation I expect Microsoft to sell a lot more consoles in at least the UK and US while getting a lot closer in mainland Europe.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
180806-kidding.jpg

Blue eyes purely open.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
The EA move would net them a very impressive portfolio and definitely be a power move against Sony.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019

Is this a copypasta lol?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
If it's on the scale of Bethesda in terms of size and cost, it's probably not EA.

My guess is that it'd probably be Ubisoft (costwise, but not size), Capcom, or Sega.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR would actually be a good hit for them, can also get in now while the going is rough and come out way on top in the end, not really Bethesda size though, and won't bolster the exclusive roster in any meaningful amount of time, so probably not, but it would be huge as a future purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.