• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
www.dualshockers.com

Microsoft Might Announce A New Xbox Studio Acquisition at E3 2021

A new Xbox studio acquisition could be announced during the upcoming E3 2021 press conference, according to Jez Corden.

Microsoft Could Have a New Acquisition Up Its Sleeve
According to a few messages from Jez Corden, the Windows Central reporter, there is a good chance of an acquisition announcement at Microsoft's E3 2021 press conference.

The reporter who has previously leaked various info on unannounced Microsoft projects says that he has heard some very good rumors that Microsoft has acquired a number of IPs through a new acquisition.

/lock if old.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well, I like my Series X a lot but please let this be a smaller acquisition that has a low impact on the larger consumer base in terms of the titles they have access to if they DON'T own an Xbox.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it took a while for a thread to be made at this and the lack of reporting on it in general

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Gaming companies don't usually announce or even talk about acquisitions during E3 conferences, unless I'm missing something.

Edit: I get it.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely no clue who it could be at this point

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Really wish this would stop happening but I guess it's inevitable at this point.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
images

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Wasn't there that thing of another "Bethesda"-tier acquisition to be announced later this year? E3's usually the best place to spotlight it.
Edit: Yeah it was this article months back
www.resetera.com

Microsoft Looking to Make Bethesda Size Acquisition Rumor

Comes from Gamerant. Important note is the Bethesda negotiations took approximately three years and whatever deal this is has been in the works for some time. Expected to be announced if it happens by the end of this year or the beginning of 2022.

Last edited:

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I hope it's like vicarious vision or toys for bob where they can remake dormant rare IP like banjo and viva piñata

need more E games for my kids on gamepass

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling it'll be Asobo because of Flight Simulator. Which I wouldn't mind given there is history. Really hoping it's nothing too crazy.

Dec 21, 2020
I will say, if this pans out to be true, this will be a rather memorable E3.

E3 2021 will be remembered fondly or bitterly.

Jez says he was speculating when no hard evidence

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

Wonder who it could be?

I think they announced they bought Ninja Theory at E3? I could be confused.
Ninja Theory, Playground, Compulsion, Undead Labs and the Initative was all in one E3.

The next year was Double Fine.

InXile and Obsidian were announced at an XO event.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
I hope it's not another publisher as big as Bethesda. We really don't need more of this consolidation.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling it'll be Asobo because of Flight Simulator. Which I wouldn't mind given there is history. Really hoping it's nothing too crazy.
Asobo isnt happening anymore really. They got more outside investment and have alot of deals with other pubs like Focus for upcoming games.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I don't expect anything huge like Bethesda again. I've said before I'd like them to get Level 5 before they die, and it would expand MS's portfolio decently, I think

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
At this rate, I will settle on something to play some time before their next console.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Vacarious vision was shut down I believe (or merged with another studio?)
Those both belong to acti iirc but I think an E rated studio is the glaring one hole they have left to fill

and nether realm but that's a long ways off if it happens due to ATT driving a meat cleaver through Warner games right now

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft has figured out a way to bring back defunct studios and acquire them.

As long as you don't ask who's developing the games...

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
I'm pretty sure if Jez was confident of this happening he would've made an article on WindowCentral himself. Seems more like speculation.