• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised. They did something similar with windows by counting windows 8.1 as the 9th release.

Aggie CMD

Dec 8, 2017
There is precedence for this radical name change. Mario Kart did it with Mario Kart 7 despite there being no Mario Kart 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 but there was a 64.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
It really should be called XBOX 4.....

but
it will probably be

XBOX TWO
or
XBOX 10

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
I still like my suggested name from awhile back, Xbox 365. A callback to their most successful era, that emphasizes the systems ecosystem and xcloud/game streaming always available, and still manages to put a 5 in the name of the system

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
I will be shocked if it isn't simply Xbox going ahead as it lends itself well to their catch-all services and platform.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
call it the xbox 720 or xbox 4k

Xbox 4k could have been a decent name for the X, and would have made it slightly less ridiculous to call the next one 5 and finally catch up with Sony and put a stop to this pantomime.
I told them, but did they listen ?

(4k definitely NOT a good idea for Scarlett)

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going against 5 now because you don't want to echo a competitor, be in mind.

Xbox 10 is boring, dull and forgettable and not a good brand or search term that gets mixed with Windows.

Xbox Infinite is still the most likely of the bunch mentioned at this point but it will be something unique, stand out brand regardless, not a number.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I just realized they simply can't call it Xbox 4 due to PS5 wow lol.

not won't be Xbox 5 though. Based on the past it will be something crazy!

JesseDeya

Oct 27, 2017
This plus your avatar...
29541.jpg

priceless.

valdimar

Oct 30, 2017
They'll call it the Xbox Ξ (Greek letter "Xi", often pronounced "zai" in English).

It will be great.

No one will have a clue how to say it out loud, or even how to type in on a keyboard.