• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox=Xbox 1
Xbox 360=Xbox 2
Xbox One=Xbox 3
Xbox One X=Xbox 4
Next Xbox=Xbox 5

Call it Xbox 5

Because after the first one, these names have been completely horrible.

Just awful.

And I fear for what will come next.

Now, is the Xbox One X really the Xbox 4? No, definitely not, but that's the justification you can use to call the next one Xbox 5 and you really need to do so because the people who name the systems are horrible at naming things.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
its not the 5th xbox generation, so no.

they will call it xbox infinite (although i guess its not the infinite generation either ;p).

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Call it the Xbox One again. Power move. Pretend that this one didn't exist.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
First it will be Xbox 4. Its the 4th console. But that is marketing wise a bad idea. Because 4 is less then 5. Wich for "casuals" means its less. If you compare to PS5.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It's not the 5th Xbox.

It's the 5th discrete version of Xbox hardware.

Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox One X.

Even though the X was part of the same generation, the hardware configuration was definitely different (GPU, memory systems, etc).

Scarlett will be the 5th Xbox with unique hardware that differs from its predecessors. I think Xbox 5 is an apt name.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Ten.

Xtend your play with Game Pass.

Coming 10/10/2020

(I know October 10th 2020 is on a saturday, but work with me here)

Oct 25, 2017
If it's coming out in 2020 just make it the Xbox '20

Bring back them Win98 feels

(also at this point I think they should just commit to always using numbers in a way that makes no sense as brand identity)

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox 5 you say? So The XV.
That would eally fuck with people lol.
I came to preorder the 15 please.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they really kinda screwed themselves over with the naming. I really wonder how their internal teams are going to get themselves out of this, as it is going to be a very difficult marketing/advertising project. I can't think of any name that makes sense, unless they really just double down on Xbox representing the service.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They should have the balls to call it Xbox Scarlett. Screw boring numbering conventions. MS doesn't really go that route.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're better off just rebooting the whole thing and coming up with a new name.

The Cameo

Apr 26, 2018
They should just abandon the box wording, the X is the important part and the only thing in the name they've turned into branding

it ain't called the box-cloud, the logo ain't a box, this is flawless reasoning, don't @ me

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5. No doubt Sony has the best videgame naming convention.

And well, if you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol nonsense.
XBO S is then the Xbox 4, XBO X the Xbox 5 and Xbox Scarlett the Xbox 6 then? Hilarious.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox=Xbox 1
Xbox 360=Xbox 2
Xbox One=Xbox 3
Xbox One X=Xbox 4
Next Xbox=Xbox 5

Call it Xbox 5

Because after the first one, these names have been completely horrible.

Just awful.

And I fear for what will come next.

Now, is the Xbox One X really the Xbox 4? No, definitely not, but that's the justification you can use to call the next one Xbox 5 and you really need to do so because the people who name the systems are horrible at naming things.
So the mid-gen advanced version would be the xbox 6?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
They should probably name it Harry Potter and the Lord of the Xbox: Twilight Edition