• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
huge spoiler storm is coming

Yep. I guess this is a new age now where every single second of a game can be uploaded online before it's even released. In the past those streams would get shut down by snipers every minute and we'd have to hide the links.

Now? Fuck you, here's the whole game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt he can stream the whole thing. Even more when its supposed to be 12 hours atleast if you kinda rush only for the story

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt he can stream the whole thing. Even more when its supposed to be 12 hours atleast if you kinda rush only for the story

I mean, streamers usually stream for at least 4 hours, the big ones at least. Before the game is out he certainly could do the whole game, or at least over half of it.

It's great advertising, but shitty everything else.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The whole game before it's released?

I hope the story doesn't have major plot twists lol

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
that mean face smiley looks weird with twitter's kerning, like its eyebrows are floating or something

>:)

it doesn't look much better here unfortunately

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is an incredibly smart way to leverage Ninja's platform agreement. I'll be mostly keeping my distance from any sort of mid-game spoilers, but if the audience sees Ninja really getting into the narrative (or action) of it, I can't think of a better pitch.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
?

Smart move by MS. Have one of the largest streamers get exclusive access to stream the entire campaign (?) on Mixer. Advertising both the game and the streaming platform. Even people who don't normally follow Ninja will tune in if they're a Gears fan just to see what all the commotion is about. I'll probably tune in myself, although likely only for the first hour or so, as I plan on taking in the campaign as soon as I get home from work Friday.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
?

Smart move by MS. Have one of the largest streamers get exclusive access to stream the entire campaign (?) on Mixer. Advertising both the game and the streaming platform. Even people who don't normally follow Ninja will tune in if they're a Gears fan just to see what all the commotion is about. I'll probably tune in myself, although likely only for the first hour or so, as I plan on taking in the campaign as soon as I get home from work Friday.

And it could give Ninja a new audience. It's a great leverage

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something he's done recently, but he *never* plays single player games. That isn't his audience.

I know he used to stream the hell out of Halo 5 back in the day, pretty sure I remember seeing Dark Souls 3 at one point as well... him streaming an MS shooter shouldn't really be surprising. I'll go ahead and bet my left nut he does the same for Halo Infinite as well if 343i lets him.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Gag. I mean not Gears 5 - from all accounts, sounds like it will be a great evolution on an already great game. Gag from the overly old school, lets go with a YouTube influencer and push our own dying streamer service level of Gagging. Seriously MS - its getting old at this point.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how his viewership will be when he does something single player. Be interesting to see how it goes onMixer, on Twitch his views would fall of a cliff if it wasn't Fortnite usually.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gag. I mean not Gears 5 - from all accounts, sounds like it will be a great evolution on an already great game. Gag from the overly old school, lets go with a YouTube influencer and push our own dying streamer service level of Gagging. Seriously MS - its getting old at this point.

the fuck are you talking about?

OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Its pretty common on Twitch for streamers to get early access to games or have full play throughs on release or specially access to alpha and betas (even ahead of press).

There already are playthroughs on YouTube so makes sense to take control of it with a huge audence he has.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
What are you even talking about?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Dying service that's growing? Funny.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I wonder if this will help sales. Many of us play Gears for their campaign. Nice of MS to try different things.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Makes zero sense.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

The hell is this language?

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was OK with MS not showing much of the campaign these last months... not a fan of streamers being able to show single player campaigns one week before launch : /

Time to block twitter

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i'm sure i have an unpopular opinion, but i really like watching him play things that aren't fortnite on stream while i am at work. his minecraft content has been really entertaining especially since he hadn't ever played before

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
What's the attraction when it's corporate streaming?

/edit: not the first to say this I see. I don't even see the attraction to streaming full stop, but when it's big conglomerates pulling the strings it seems even more useless to me.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Clever move, and inevitable that Ninja would be doing this marketing stuff and it wasn't just a simple platform move.

Microsoft knows streamers and Youtubers are going to be streaming, leaking and spoiling early regardless, this way they get to own and profit from it.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Makes sense. MS didn't pay him all that money just to have him on Mixer and never use him for anything else. It was obvious he was gonna be a big part of MS' marketing going forward, especially in regards to their big exclusives like Gears and Halo.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
We all knew this was going to happen when he signed with Mixer, but some people here pretending to be surprised. He is going to promote some Microsoft games. It was always part of the plan and that's why the people that were just comparing the numbers he did on Twitch to the ones on Mixer to point out Mixer will never be that big don't really get the whole picture.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
makes sense. this is the kind of thing that getting ninja allows them to do, showing off their games to a whole new audience.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. MS didn't pay him all that money just to have him on Mixer and never use him for anything else. It was obvious he was gonna be a big part of MS' marketing going forward, especially in regards to their big exclusives like Gears and Halo.
Why are people acting as if Ninja isn't also gaining from this? Having an exclusive window where you are the only one who can stream the game is going to be huge for him as well.