• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Hey Microsoft, pay me to play games please?

I'm the best kind of person to give lots of money to.

I'm sure I'm a lot cheaper than this Ninja dude!

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is he playing Gears 4 or 5 right now? It says 5 but I'm not sure since he isn't playing as Kait.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I watched a couple mins of the campaign and holy god damn shit the campaign running at 60fps is crazy

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not too interesting, watched a bit, he isn't doing any Kait stuff yet, pretty standard Gears from what I watched but just the beginning. Looks super clean and slick aside from not being able to jump over some scenery.

Apr 29, 2018
I watched for about 5 minutes. Looking forward to the game. I would have rather watched anyone else besides Ninja.
I can appreciate his popularity, but he is catering to a crowd of kids that are probably too young to play or buy Gears 5.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
hmmm...interesting (or at least cool) characters
Is he playing Gears 4 or 5 right now? It says 5 but I'm not sure since he isn't playing as Kait.
5, PC, 1080 ultra with texture pack, unlimited fps
My eyes are way more sensitive to resolution than frames. It doesn't look quite "spectacular" to my eyes either. Would have liked to see it in 4k...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How many are currently watching the stream?

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I remember Gears always giving me this "Wow" factor from its graphics. I don't feel like I'm getting that with Gears 5. Is it just me or is it the stream? Am i misremembering?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
So Ninja just said on stream this isn't a sponsored stream. I mean, it kind of is though...but alright.

Basically he approached MS and asked, and MS was like, "okay."

They also just sent him a bunch of Gears swag and a limited edition Gears 5 Xbox One X.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I would rather see someone like Rod Fergusson, giving interesting insights etc. while playing.

But yeah, I get it - I'm not the target audience.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Cool. Not a lot really given he had over 1m active subs.
Those counts never usually match up, and since it was free for the first month or whatever, that number is hyper-inflated. Since his audience usually skews younger, I imagine it'll bump back up a bit with the west coast kids getting out of school and such.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Not a lot really given he had over 1m active subs.
not how that works my dude

Id say he is pretty firmly in the 20k~ range every single day, so 17k is only a small downturn from his daily

edit:
third party site that might not be accurate for reference
"7 Day Average: 12,985

14 Day Average: 14,308

30 Day Average: 17,412"

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
First time watching Ninja.

He's...kinda annoying?

Like, cool cutscene and he's just screaming for the Hammer of Dawn repeatedly.

Edit: And that's not a spoiler to the game by any means

Last edited:

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would watch this unless it's multiplayer, its spoiling the SP surely.
I believe it doesn't make sense if you plan to play the game.
But if you're just a Ninja follower that is not even aware about Gears, or never had an Xbox, etc., well, maybe this stream could open your eyes to the franchise. So it can do wonders for Game Pass, for example.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
So I remember Gears always giving me this "Wow" factor from its graphics. I don't feel like I'm getting that with Gears 5. Is it just me or is it the stream? Am i misremembering?
You're not alone. So far very underwhelming, which is shocking. Hopefully it is the stream. To be fair Im waiting for him to enter a new environment, that one could have just been meh.

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You're not alone. So far very underwhelming, which is shocking. Hopefully it is the stream. To be fair Im waiting for him to enter a new environment, that one could have just been meh.
It might be the art style? There's a toy-like, or plastic-like, quality to everything. It's just not how I remember Gears 1-3 (last ones I played) looking.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I just got a crazy idea- Can you imagine if there is a Killer Instincts 2 and Microsoft gave exclusive first look to Ninja XD ??

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I hope they keep Max in the dark until the reveal so we get a repeat of his original KI reaction.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There is no "justify that contract" here. This IS his contract. He wasn't brought on to play Fortnite on Mixer...
They paid for him to promote Mixer. If they actually cared about using him to promote games/Xbox, him staying on Twitch would have been far better and cheaper for it, as significantly more people would see it.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure how you're not wowed.

That level of fidelity at 60 fps and 4k? I mean what will wow you at that point.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
People's "concern" over this game's graphics is astounding to me... this looks amazing.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not too interesting, watched a bit, he isn't doing any Kait stuff yet, pretty standard Gears from what I watched but just the beginning. Looks super clean and slick aside from not being able to jump over some scenery.
This has always been BEYOND frustrating in Gears games. It's not game breaking but I hate coming across like a tree blocking your path and then your characters are like "Shit I guess we gotta go around and through the locust nest"

Bruh.

It might be the art style? There's a toy-like, or plastic-like, quality to everything. It's just not how I remember Gears 1-3 (last ones I played) looking.
Hot take from me, but I think that might be due to the higher frames. Previous Gears campaigns have ALL been 30fps.

I think the game looks absurdly good and I have no idea what kind of fucked up high standards everyone else here has. I assume it has to be a low bitrate on your stream watching or something because every journalist that has played it has said its one of the best looking games they've played

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Seeming like this is Ninja's out. I think it's his retirement plan with backend brand deals to buttress his salary from MS.

he's not as active on streaming as he once was. I'd argue the product of streaming now bores him and he wants to move on. Which is fine, but he's becoming increasingly less relevant imho