• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Gowans

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Looks like the first MS sponsorship from Ninja after his move to Mixer.

I'm avoiding spoilers till Thurs but wonder if this is Solo or a co-op run, would have liked to see some of the multiplayer VS or PE from him instead.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Time to dodge spoilers I guess.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically it's "Gears 5"

I find it funny his first big MS gig is a franchise made by Epic. Surely they're going to want him to push Halo Infinite hard

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Streaming isn't fun when it's corporate.

Please support smaller streamers who need your subscriptions to pay their rent.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
He really doesn't seem to be the best choice for this sort of PR, but gotta justify that contract I guess
Yeah getting one of the most popular streamers around to play your game before anyone else isn't a sensible and sound decision okay buddy

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking knew it, I thought he was going to be the first to show off Halo when it comes out, why wouldn't they Ninja will probably get first dibs to show off all exclusive Microsoft games.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
i mean sure he got paid, but i'm pretty sure Ninja took this mixer deal in large part to become the inevitable Halo Infinite poster child

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smart move, get all those people who followed Ninja over to check out a game they are potentially unfamiliar with, one that is coming out now from Microsoft and is on Game Pass day 1. Should push big numbers.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
This seems very smart.

Big streamer + big game + exclusive footage = lots of eyeballs.

I don't know why I never thought about it, but this is like the other shoe dropping on the ninja deal. The day he streams Halo infinite 12 hrs before anybody else will be a big day for mixer

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm down. Ninja is one of the only streamers I watch on a regular basis. Think he's a enjoyable to watch dude.

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
Why not? He seems like the perfect choice, actually. Isn't his stream family friendly now (no cursing, other bad shit)?
Yeah getting one of the most popular streamers around to play your game before anyone else isn't a sensible and sound decision okay buddy
Maybe I'm missing something he's done recently, but he *never* plays single player games. That isn't his audience.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wierd that its tonight and not the 4th. Is he planning to finish the entire campaign before the game is out?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Well Microsoft didn't just pay him mountains of cash to steam a third party game all the time.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
This is why they gave him all that money. He'll be streaming every new Microsoft Game Studios action/shooter game at or before launch.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft's secret next gen weapon/marketing move was just buying Ninja and whoring him out to everything

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something he's done recently, but he *never* plays single player games. That isn't his audience.
Yeah, that's true and fair. Though I don't think lack of competition is necessarily a dealbreaker for his audience. He's been playing through Minecraft the past few days, which doesn't have that same exact kind of competition either.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja will be the host when they unveil MS next gen console. Guaranteed.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't really mean a heck of a lot of eyeballs are going to be watching Gears 5 on his Stream.

Yep. One of the biggest streamers in the world right now is gonna be the only person to play the whole campaign on video. His audience will be there and so will be tons of new people interested in the game. Add to that all the clips, the YouTube videos and whatnot this generates, and it's safe to say millions of people will be exposed to Ninja playing Gears 5 in one way or another. And it's a game that kinda already sells itself, what with the fact you can get Game Pass for a dollar and play it.