• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Problem with Quantum Break was getting these otherwise great actors to repeat b movie drivel in the live action sequences. Same happened with Beyond.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
I think famous actors in games is just a waste of money IMHO. That money could be used for free DLC/expansion, bonus to game devs. Also, giving a chance to unknown incredible actors is also a good idea.

Seriously, I am not sure how many people are persuaded into buy a game just because of a known actor.

Its marketing money, if it wasn't spend on actors it would be spent on ads.

Deleted member 19213

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get what OP is saying. They started shoehorning Terry Crews in at some point in development. I think it's reasonable to assume that was done in an effort to attract more people to play the game.

Even the marketing for Crackdown 3 seemed so out of touch with what people look for in games. I can't find the videos, and I'm pretty vague on it, but I seem to recall about a year ago Crackdown 3 gameplay with young women playing and Major Nelson narrating their gameplay. They were laughing and having fun, but no one knew how to play the game properly. Even though the game isn't that great, they were marketing the game with people who didn't showcase the game at its best, and were actually making the game look more dull and flawed than it actually is. When someone plays Uncharted on stage to showcase the game, they're someone that knows how to make the game look awesome. Arguably more awesome than most people will experience...

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really like the use of big actors in games. When I brought it up on remedys forum the devs said it was the same as having a movie actor in a movie but I think its different but thats just because im used to the characters being completely unique visual representations.
I think having real human characters (based on real humans) is kind of boring but maybe its easier I guess. Plus a lot are based on less known actors or models.