• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
NBA Street or NFL would be WAAAAY more welcome.

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
Why not make a baseball game?

You already have NBA 2K and NBA playgrounds. Why not make something that you don't already have available on your console??

Jtendo '82

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
If they did do it I hope they actually make it look like the old 90s arcade versions. EA's version played alright but the look just didn't hit that nostalgia sweet spot.

I'd say the same for a potential Tecmo Bowl revival as well. The one that came out a few years back played alright but it looked like a mobile game when everyone wanted NES graphics.

JMTHEFOX

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It sounds like they are making an updated version of NBA Jam 2010 for Xbox One, which I don't mind as I liked that game on the Nvidia shield portable.

I would be interested if this is true.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jam is great and all but if they really wanted to hit the motherload they would revive the even more absurd NBA Street series.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they did do it I hope they actually make it look like the old 90s arcade versions. EA's version played alright but the look just didn't hit that nostalgia sweet spot.

I'd say the same for a potential Tecmo Bowl revival as well. The one that came out a few years back played alright but it looked like a mobile game when everyone wanted NES graphics.

Word, make it look and play exactly like NBA Jam TE with modern amazing graphics and I'll be there Day one

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reviving the wrong series when you got this beast

626203boxart_160w.jpg

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Microsoft purchased the rights to the High Heat Baseball franchise when 3DO went under in 2003 and they've done nothing with it. Would rather them revive that series instead of making a new NBA Jam.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'd be down for that. On Fire Edition is backwards compatible but updated rosters would be nice.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
If they can actually develop a style that feels modern but also gives an elbow-nudge to the classic game, that could be excellent. That also sounds like an arti-drection nightmare.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This is strange on so many levels:

1) I mean, On Fire Edition is only like 4 years old? It's also BC on Xbox One
2) Why is the "Voice" of Jam doing this?
a) Why with Microsoft specifically?
3) EA still has the rights
4) Reboot NBA Street
5) Make NBA Street Vol.2 BC on Xbox One
6) Go play NBA Street Vol.2

Doffen

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft purchased the rights to the High Heat Baseball franchise when 3DO went under in 2003 and they've done nothing with it. Would rather them revive that series instead of making a new NBA Jam.
Ubisoft was listed as the last owner of the trademark, but all the trademarks are dead now.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On Fire was an awesome game, I wouldn't mind an updated versión with current roster and maybe higher resolution

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is strange on so many levels:

1) I mean, On Fire Edition is only like 4 years old? It's also BC on Xbox One
2) Why is the "Voice" of Jam doing this?
a) Why with Microsoft specifically?
3) EA still has the rights
4) Reboot NBA Street
5) Make NBA Street Vol.2 BC on Xbox One
6) Go play NBA Street Vol.2
Because Mark Turmell now works for....blech...Zynga.

anthraxus

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
They should do some wacky baseball game like they had for the Neo Geo, like Baseball Stars 2 or Super Baseball 2020.