• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft has released job listings that are directly related to the new XBox.

Sr. Electrical Engineer Xbox: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/549531/Sr-Electrical-Engineer-Xbox

The Xbox Hardware development team is seeking an experienced electrical engineering candidate to lead the electrical development of our next generation accessories. The successful candidate is one who enjoys bringing both technical and tactical expertise to cross-disciplinary teams and is excited about leading system-level and sub-system designs through fast-paced product development cycles. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Firmware) to develop compelling innovative products. You will design and develop circuits, select key strategic components and that encompasses the entire product.

The successful candidate will demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering principles, analytical process, disciplined methodology, superior problem-solving skills, and a passion for developing technologies and products with a broad scope of impact. Experience including contribution to the development of world-class consumer electronic products is desired. Strong technical leadership, communication skills, and a willingness to tackle big challenges are necessary for success in this position.

As a leader on the development team, you will be the point contact for interdisciplinary collaboration and decision making, ensuring other team members are prioritizing deliverables accordingly, and partnering with program management, operations, and external vendors for a successful product launch.

Senior Electrical Engineer - Xbox Storage HW Developer: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/538234/Senior-Electrical-Engineer-Xbox-Storage-HW-Developer

We are seeking a qualified candidate for a Senior Engineer to develop storage solutions with the Xbox console hardware development team. Storage solutions include HDD, SSD, and Flash based storage technologies. The successful candidate will be the primary technical focal point for existing and leading-edge storage technologies on currently shipping and future Xbox design projects.

And a listing for Sr. Mechanical Engineer Xbox: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/549532/Sr-Mechanical-Engineer-Xbox

The Xbox Accessories Team is looking for a highly motivated and seasoned Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead the mechanical system development of our next generation accessories.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Man this is exciting

If they are hiring for this stuff right now I guess the System's indeed releasing in 2020. I wonder if they'll do an early-year release

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I think in 2019, probably the last half, we will start hearing more and more rumors. Windows Central first mentioned Scarlett a few months before E3.

Man this is exciting

If they are hiring for this stuff right now I guess the System's indeed releasing in 2020. I wonder if they'll do an early-year release

Nah, I think it would be bit of a mess for both console manufacturers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This description is interesting, would we see future XBox systems with SSDs or flash-based storage?

We are seeking a qualified candidate for a Senior Engineer to develop storage solutions with the Xbox console hardware development team. Storage solutions include HDD, SSD, and Flash based storage technologies. The successful candidate will be the primary technical focal point for existing and leading-edge storage technologies on currently shipping and future Xbox design projects.