• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Kilgore

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I don't like the idea of mimmicking ips, but it all depends on the quality of the actual game.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... think this is a stretch? Not the Bloodforge coming back thing, more the thing where we assume that an Xbox Live Arcade game is being revived as a big budget God of War competitor.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has some pretty awful reviews so I think it would make sense to just start from scratch with a whole new IP if they were interested.

Though I don't think they are interested in chasing God of War in the first place.

RiggityRice

Oct 28, 2017
I remember bloodforge from back in the day. I bought it because of the hype. It was being promoted as being a triple a title on a budget price and how it was going to rival all the big hack n slash titles. It didn't, it was repetitive and boring as hell. Got a cool avatar headpiece out of it though.. if they are banking on Bloodforge to compete with God of War then good luck with that.

OP
OP
Kilgore

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I... think this is a stretch? Not the Bloodforge coming back thing, more the thing where we assume that an Xbox Live Arcade game is being revived as a big budget God of War competitor.
As an indie didn't make any impact. If Microsoft are resurrecting it, better be at least a more ambitious project

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Probably a sensible thing to do with your trademark (which is what has been renewed) when you are still selling said game.

As the article said, they've also renewed Iron Brigade/ Trenched, which is another game that is backwards compatible and still available to buy.

are Microsoft renewing the Iron Brigade trademark to bring back as a Battle Royale game ?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You don't usually let go of IP, probably nothing more than retaining the IP but anything new would be welcome.

Wasn't Marlow Briggs their budget God of War.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
They could be lending the IP to an indie studio or some studio pitched the idea for a hack 'n slash game.

I just think they renew it for the sake of keeping the ip.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
MS pursued the Gaas model pretty hard, I don't see them going back to single player experiences.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Probably just to do with BC, this is one massive stretch. Then again apparently everything is related to GOW on ERA this week lol.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Last year we were getting - MS needs HZD type game threads and now we are getting MS needs God of War type threads .Lol

If you guys want monster game then Gears already a monster shooter. If you change formula little bit then you can create similar experience plus Marcus looks lot like Kratos with beard lol.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Never heard of that game. XBLA had a lot of interesting titles that somehow slipped through the cracks, but this one appears to have reviewed poorly.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would they bother? It's not an IP anyone cares about so it makes no sense to weigh a game down with it.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
That's...a bit of a stretch. I think Microsoft has some surprises that will be revealed at E3, but this won't be one of them.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think companies can pivot on a dime like that.

Even if they start now it's going to be 5 years before they can come out with anything it would still be inferior.

Just look at Killzone vs Halo.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
OP tries to link an incredibly obscure, 42 MC IP to the current hot game of the year.

It's a stretch, to say the least.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if we are going to get the Halo killer but for Xbox, Zero Dawn, God of War killer! Fail, fail, fail.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ah, good to see the ol' "Halo Killer" thing is back, except now it's God of War Killer... Or Horizon Killer... Or Uncharted Killer.

I look forward to Spider-Man Killer in six months time.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I never heard of this game. Looks really fucking bad. God of War games were good.

Also, I guess the OP ist trolling.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
No way they'd react that fast to God of War, also no way they'd think something like Bloodforge would compete with something like God of War to reboot it.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS pursued the Gaas model pretty hard, I don't see them going back to single player experiences.
I think game pass changes the metric for them quite a bit. In a world where MS wants more subs then I can see them releasing more smash and grab type single player games to keep people reupping month after month vs just buying a gaas type game one time. Similar to how Netflix releases a ton of disposable stuff every other week having a big, ever expanding content library incentivizes people to stick around.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Kinda funny thread when the new God of War in many ways takes influence from Gears of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.