• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
2020 looks like a big year for Riot Games. They are currently producing couple of games, their biggest hit League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world, probably the biggest game ever on PC and it's been like that for 10 years. They have just started exploring the universe of their game and huge community of League seems to be still growing.

In short, Riot Games looks like a great investment and would be in line with Microsoft's acquisitions (e.g. Mojang / Minecraft). I wish Riot wasn't owned by Tencent to be honest.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
They target smaller devs that they have a good relationship with or that are maybe struggling a little too stay afloat or move up to next level.

Don't think Riot fit this mold really.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2020 looks like a big year for Riot Games. They are currently producing couple of games, their biggest hit League of Legends is one of the most popular games in the world, probably the biggest game ever on PC and it's been like that for 10 years. They have just started exploring the universe of their game and huge community of League seems to be still growing.

In short, Riot Games looks like a great investment and would be in line with Microsoft's acquisitions (e.g. Mojang / Minecraft). I wish Riot wasn't owned by Tencent to be honest.

I was going to ask if you forgot who owned Riot Games...

Sure they've ips that would be a huge plus for MS but Tencent isn't going anywhere. And you can't even buy them up because the Chinese government wouldn't allow that.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, I too love corporate mergers where all the big companies are under one big umbrella.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is being closed as there is no real discussion to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.