• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
To anyone who has Microsoft marketing emails allowed..

I received an email last night that was titled "Save $100 on Xbox One X consoles" where if you scroll down the email and click on the Christmas Tree icon it conatains a hidden $10 gift. It is a code so you can continue the prompts to have it added to your account, or kee the code for another account or whatever.

Just a PSA to not just auto delete it like I did at first before someone told me there was a code hidden there :P

Edit: I got the email around 10pm EST last night. I can't guarantee that everyone will get it...but I have seen confirmations of US people receiving the email and hidden gift

Double edit: like all promotional "money", it expires. I believe you have 4 months to use it, then it goes *POOF*

apparently some people also got an email on 11/28 that had the title "Cyber Savings Continue until Friday" and it had a squirrel which if you click on also gives $10, so dig thru your trash like a trash panda and see if you are double lucky

screenshot:

lqMkL8a.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks OP. Worked for me. You just click on the red christmas tree right below the main ad image. It looks like it's a part of it.

I don't remember signing up for these ever, so chances are a lot of us probably have this and don't realize it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Well, that was fucking weird. The email doesn't even say "hey, thanks for opening this email here's 10 Microsoft bucks", you have to click on the random unlabeled tree.
Thanks, OP.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god damnit I deleted it, fuck off.

EDIT: I was able to restore it, but clicking the tree only brings me to a "12 days of deals" page. So it isn't everyone.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was never going to open that email. Thanks OP

You've got money to spend
$10.00 has been added to your Microsoft account

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Wow, thanks. Got that 5 dollar one a few days ago too so can't complain about enough to get a free arcade game or something.

Edit: nevermind forgot you still, insanely can't spend credit on Xbox or 360 games.

Last edited:

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Thanks OP, I had to go to trash folder and find them. I remembered I deleted the 2 emails few days ago and thanks to you now I'm 20$ richer lol

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Thx i Checked My email and I got mine too...

You've got money to spend
$10.00 has been added to your Microsoft account

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, it led me to a page with a broken image, but when I clicked the empty box I was taken to the redemption page. Regardless it worked, thanks OP!

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Also a reminder that like all promotional "money" it expires...I believe you have 4 months to use it. Don't let it disappear!

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, it led me to a page with a broken image, but when I clicked the empty box I was taken to the redemption page. Regardless it worked, thanks OP!

Same here. I assumed because of adblocker but who knows. Worked either way

Wow, thanks. Got that 5 dollar one a few days ago too so can't complain about enough to get a free arcade game or something.

Edit: nevermind forgot you still, insanely can't spend credit on Xbox or 360 games.

I believe you can if you have a physical 360 to do it on

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, my main xbox account didn't get the email but my wife's email did, her code redeemed just fine on my xbox account though.

I spent 5 minutes digging around the microsoft site and couldn't figure out at all how to turn this on or off, the best I saw was this site
https://account.microsoft.com/profile/communications

but it doesn't seem to have anything related to the microsoft store. microsoftstore.com redirects you to microsoft.com which is a mega confusing site.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, my main xbox account didn't get the email but my wife's email did, her code redeemed just fine on my xbox account though.

I spent 5 minutes digging around the microsoft site and couldn't figure out at all how to turn this on or off, the best I saw was this site

but it doesn't seem to have anything related to the microsoft store. microsoftstore.com redirects you to microsoft.com which is a mega confusing site.
I can't really find out how to see if I have it enabled or not myself. Kinda frustrating, but eh.. lol

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I can't find a way to sign up either, lol.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for posting this! I'm signed up to all Microsoft emails and not seeing it in my inbox unfortunately. Maybe it's targeted.