• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Having played and enjoyed all of NT's output since the original Xbox I'm perfectly fine with the idea of NT doing whatever they want.

MS needs more multi-team studios anyway, so let them stick to having several teams and grow them organically.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
but what if the only way MS gets a studio outside of US,Canada and UK is if it was PUBG corp in S.Korea?
CoarseGracefulAmericantoad-small.gif

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/fallout-76-pc-game/8xvn286h6t9j

If Fallout 76 is not on Steam, GoG... because it was supposed to be exclusive to their launcher, what is it doing on MS store...?
ESO PC isn't on the Windows Store (talking about the app on PC of course) either, but you can buy it on the Microsoft Store as those are physical copies, not digital. Same with Fallout 76. Simply put, this doesn't really mean anything.

If it comes to the Microsoft Store as a digital pre-order this will be a different story.

As for Crossplay, I'm pretty sure that was a no-go because Sony refused. I'm guessing they only thought the work was worth it when all systems had crossplay.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Agree and is what I want as well. If Spencer/Microsoft isn't going to elevate Ninja Theory in personnel/budget to get them to the AAA level, then I'll have to wonder what was the point in acquiring them? So much talent at Ninja Theory and to be held at a AA level is disappointing to say the least. Really hoping that's not the case.

Also, the projects will probably be demos and then they all choose one to go into full production with while keeping the rest for the future or scrapping them.

They were acquired because they have a lot of talent, will contribute to the overall lineup and also have an animation studio. Microsoft 1st party sorely needs help on the animation front. I feel like they are 2 generations behind Sony in the animation department.

Not everything Microsoft releases from 1st party needs to be a AAA 3-5 year project. In order to make Game Pass attractive month after month, they need consistent content. Consistent content will mean some smaller games. In fact I'd invite the smaller, riskier niche games.

I think Microsoft's big tent-pole stuff will come from 343, Coalition, Initiative and Playground. I wouldn't mind seeing Rare and Ninja Theory have multiple teams that work on smaller AA games with polished AAA production values.

NT's biggest obstacle was being able to use all their resources on heir own ideas and then getting those ideas published. 80% of what they did was outsource themselves. Now if they do outsource, hopefully it will be assisting other Microsoft studios with animations.

Oct 25, 2017
people that think that AAA = quality or that smaller budgeted games can't be as special and incredible as games that have huge investments are, quite simply, really dumb

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord I hope they didn't waste money acquiring PUBG Corp.

So many other great studios out there that are much cheaper.

Hoping it just means they made PUBG actually playable on the X lol

Sanhok on Xbox probably... Major is one of the worst offenders of hyping up non news

They already tried to buy Blue Hole, the offer got turned down.

I would assume you're right though. The new map plus maybe War mode becoming a staple and such

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Even though we got Cuphead and Ori.

Not to mention INSIDE and Little Nightmares.

People are dumb for dismissing AA games, but it's easy to understand what they mean. They just want Microsoft to get on Sony's level when it comes to big AAA-cinematic adventure games.

This whole discussion won't lead anywhere, since we have no concrete idea about Microsoft and Ninja Theory's plans for the future.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
People are dumb for dismissing AA games, but it's easy to understand what they mean. They just want Microsoft to get on Sony's level when it comes to big AAA-cinematic adventure games.

This whole discussion won't lead anywhere, since we have no concrete idea about Microsoft and Ninja Theory's plans for the future.

I think we know a bit, but we should give NT (and MS) the benefit of the doubt that they will get the resources to make their mark and realise their vision in whatever way they want too and that hopefully will be great for Xbox and PC gamers.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Its hilarious how people are going so far off track and warping the discussion.

First off, the difference between AA and AAA is not just a letter (wow), it is a game´s budget and the amount of people working on it. With the acquisition by MS, many people wanted to see NT grow and take on much bigger projects.

Next, no one is saying AA games are trash or not worth it. Ive enjoyed many high profile indie games and AA games like Ratchet & Clank, but we are talking about Ninja Theory here specifically. They have taken on AAA projects before and with MSś financial backing we want to see it happen again.

And by that I mean greatly expand any project ideas they have so they arent confined to the limits they faced while independent. In the most basic way of saying it so everyone understands it.... Microsoft should give Ninja Theory a lot more money for the games they make so they can make them bigger and better than ever before.

Just focus on the bold

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Microsoft wants to be on Sony´s level too as you can plainly see. But Ninja Theory is definitely a studio that can help them get nearer to the bar Sony has set, especially when it comes to compelling narratives.

We are all just saying that Ninja Theory would be a great studio to make a new flagship Xbox series.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
I don't know what's going on here and I give up for now. Can't believe what I'm reading. That whole discussion about three letters is so tiresome and so detached from reality.
Totally correct. Let's let NT do NT. They've only been part of Xbox for about 35 seconds. Let them do what they want to do, knowing they have more support and aren't going to go bankrupt tomorrow.

Good lord I hope they didn't waste money acquiring PUBG Corp.

So many other great studios out there that are much cheaper.

Hoping it just means they made PUBG actually playable on the X lol

Sanhok on Xbox probably... Major is one of the worst offenders of hyping up non news
As much as I love PUBG (and that's a lot), I don't see the point in buying them. Xbox had PUBG console exclusive during it's peak. I agree it's most likely Sanhok/War and maybe the snow level reveal? Keen for all of them.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
The PUBG stuff is so tone deaf to me because they keep promoting this game but it's so broken to play. I got nauseous after a few matches and I never get nauseous playing games.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
The PUBG stuff is so tone deaf to me because they keep promoting this game but it's so broken to play. I got nauseous after a few matches and I never get nauseous playing games.
I play it constantly. Most fun I've had in an online shooter probably since Halo 3. Imagine if it was any good

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
i meant crossplay between MS (xbox one or windows 10) and Bethesda Launsher
There's no current plans for crossplay for Fallout 76. Evidentially, they didn't want to invest in cross-play unless Sony would have signed in on it.

Could still come in the future, but FO76 being sold on Microsoft's Store doesn't have anything to do with it.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Their limitations are far more apparent, whether it is in the scope of the game or the variety. Especially when you have a game that looks technologically stunning and is confined to a AA budget.... you just end up wishing it was more.
What would you rather have:

ninja has 1 game a year that starts at hellblades size and scope. The games slowly become bigger and bigger. Incremental steps with each release. This starts with a game holiday 2019.

Ninja scrubs all small projects. They immediately start working on AAA titles. With games coming out every 4 years starting in 2022.

I'm picking the first option.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
There's no current plans for crossplay for Fallout 76. Evidentially, they didn't want to invest in cross-play unless Sony would have signed in on it.

Could still come in the future, but FO76 being sold on Microsoft's Store doesn't have anything to do with it.
but still it's not out of Probabilities anyway

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018

First off, the difference between AA and AAA is not just a letter (wow), it is a game´s budget and the amount of people working on it. With the acquisition by MS, many people wanted to see NT grow and take on much bigger projects.

Next, no one is saying AA games are trash or not worth it. Ive enjoyed many high profile indie games and AA games like Ratchet & Clank, but we are talking about Ninja Theory here specifically. They have taken on AAA projects before and with MSś financial backing we want to see it happen again.

And by that I mean greatly expand any project ideas they have so they arent confined to the limits they faced while independent. In the most basic way of saying it so everyone understands it.... Microsoft should give Ninja Theory a lot more money for the games they make so they can make them bigger and better than ever before.

Just focus on the bold
Maybe Ninja Theory wants to use the extra money they can get now on make the multiple medium size project better. We are talking all the time about creative freedom, and how Microsoft needs to give time to studios to make what they want and grow how they want to grow. What's the point on buying a studio to cancel all their current projects and force them to work in a way they don't want to?

The moment NT finds a project that can fit into the AAA scope, Microsoft would be glad of having them all working on a single project.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
It could be Amazing if NT made a big game with one Big team. But they made hellblade with a tiny team and it's such an Amazing game then we don't have to worry about the futur quality output even if the game came from a small team.
They are going to get help from other studio from Microsoft , they are still recruiting and the most important things is they Can make a game without worrying !

Last edited:

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just let the studios acquired make whatever fucking games they want.

B b b b b b but I want them to make a big AAA third person narrative driven game just like what Sony does.

How about letting creative people be creative and make the kind of thing they want rather than chasing the competition. This thread sometimes.....

Apr 6, 2018

Just focus on the bold
They stated clearly that msft just give em the fund they need to realize their ideas. It is all in the video they published after e3
If those are their ideas and plan and you want to force them to change, then you clearly misunderstood why they were bought

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017

I really want to encourage you all to play this game. Outside of it having some technical problems the game is great. The story, characters, world, and artsyle is top notch. Im playing it on Xbox One X and outside of frame rate issues, and some AI bugs I havent been seeing a bunch of technical issues, but it may be worst on XBO/PS4/XBO.S. With the update coming soon though, it will hopefully be fixed.

I know some have been talking about it like a survival game, but ive been playing it more like a stealth game. The Survival stuff seems more like an afterthought as not drinking, eating, and sleeping does not kill you. Loving the game myself. Not a lot of singleplayer only games in the last year or two has held my attention very well, but this one certainly has.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017

I really want to encourage you all to play this game. Outside of it having some technical problems the game is great. The story, characters, world, and artsyle is top notch. Im playing it on Xbox One X and outside of frame rate issues, and some AI bugs I havent been seeing a bunch of technical issues, but it may be worst on XBO/PS4/XBO.S. With the update coming soon though, it will hopefully be fixed.

I know some have been talking about it like a survival game, but ive been playing it more like a stealth game. The Survival stuff seems more like an afterthought as not drinking, eating, and sleeping does not kill you. Loving the game myself. Not a lot of singleplayer only games in the last year or two has held my attention very well, but this one certainly has.

I'm enjoying my time with it as well on the X.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England

Yeah i've been really enjoying my time with it and only experienced a handful of minor bugs (just graphical glitches) playing on X

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know I wasn't really a big fan of HellBlade but I'd honestly prefer 3 games of that scale and quality over one large AAA game.

But that's probably just the old dad in me who dreads the idea of a game that is 10+ hours.

I'm not a dad yet, but I feel the same way. Though I loved Hellblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.