• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
In for more State of Decay 2 content. I'm on my second playthrough right now and will begin my third soon. I'm definitely going Warlord next tim.e

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
No AOE,CD3,GEARS, HALO

DlDTbrVWwAAKi2-.jpg:large

Cool new logo/site.
Already with Microsoft colors :P
Google xD

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Devil May Cry 5 is still a nice get for the show. I wonder if they'll interview Itsuno just like last time, but i think it's gonna be more likely a trailer and hopefully a demo announcement.

I'm not worried about CD3. I expect them to show way more stuff when Horizon 4 is out. That's their next big thing in between now and February 2019.
It is a shame though that there's not even a poster. CD3 not being there is imo still not that big of a deal.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
[QUOTE = "Ebtesam, post: 11663062, membro: 41586"] No AOE, CD3, GEARS, HALO

[MEDIA = youtube] mijdSQ3K3xg [/ MEDIA]

Google xD [/ QUOTE]

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Do we still expect Crackdown in February? When are they going to show it off?

I liked the idea of an IGN first whole month of coverage. These usually seem to do well for Xbox exclusives.

I was gonna say this as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an IGN First or GI coverage in November or most likely December. Getting the big games like RDR2 and BO4 out first and MS Studios could focus on the marketing for Horizon 4 which is basically their next big AAA game. Sod2 (despite its critical reception) did manage to surprise some people and hopefully that's how they'll be doing for CD3.

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say this as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an IGN First or GI coverage in November or most likely December. Getting the big games like RDR2 and BO4 out first and MS Studios could focus on the marketing for Horizon 4 which is basically their next big AAA game. Sod2 (despite its critical reception) did manage to surprise some people and hopefully that's how they'll be doing for CD3.
I expect December. That way it won't be drowned out by Black Friday news and deals and December is also relatively quiet

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Crackdown 3 is not getting shown off and why people think it's not weird for a game releasing so soon. State of Decay 2 got Gamescom 2017 and IGN First 2018 coverage.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I expect December. That way it won't be drowned out by Black Friday news and deals and December is also relatively quiet

Also, i expect IGN's upload schedule to be mostly RDR videos. I still remember the GTA5 launch period where IGN would post like 5 GTA videos each day for a continuous two weeks. December seems like a good fit although that's the same month as Just Cause 4 which is also marketed as a "playground/sandbox" game. Not direct competition, but it wouldn't surprise me if people would start making the comparisons.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
If we were excited about the idea of Sea of Thieves before release, were severely disappointed at release and barely played it...has there been enough changes to the game to give it another try? Or is it still the same game with just a little more content?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If we were excited about the idea of Sea of Thieves before release, were severely disappointed at release and barely played it...has there been enough changes to the game to give it another try? Or is it still the same game with just a little more content?
The game offers live campaigns all the time. Currently the Cursed Sails campaign is live and it's the best one yet. It focuses on battles vs Skeleton ships.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

What disappointed you at launch? It's mostly content that has been added. (New threats, weekly missions, alliance system, etc.)

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Hard to say i feel like SOT is that you either get it or you dont and i feel bad for the people who dont.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Crackdown 3 is not getting shown off and why people think it's not weird for a game releasing so soon. State of Decay 2 got Gamescom 2017 and IGN First 2018 coverage.
It's not really releasing that soon and also they aren't going to start an ad campaign 6 months from launch. Kingdom hearts nor resident evil 2 have ad campaigns yet. Games that are being shown now are releasing this fall. Anthem, days gone re2r, KH3 all have had e3 showings and nothing else

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really releasing that soon and also they aren't going to start an ad campaign 6 months from launch. Kingdom hearts nor resident evil 2 have ad campaigns yet. Games that are being shown now are releasing this fall. Anthem, days gone re2r, KH3 all have had e3 showings and nothing else
But Kingdom Hearts 3 has been shown off tons and both it and Resident Evil 2 will be at Gamescom. Days Gone got like 2 hours of gameplay footage. We've barely seen anything of Crackdown 3 though and it honestly needs the coverage the most.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
So obviously people are free to say I'm full of shit, but apparently Forza Street is still a thing. Friend of mine does border control for the Police, bumped into a bunch of devs on their way to Gamescom and they said they were the developers of Forza Street.

Is this the 'fun app' that's coming? Maybe they still call it Forza Street when it's just Miami Street now? Who knows?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So obviously people are free to say I'm full of shit, but apparently Forza Street is still a thing. Friend of mine does border control for the Police, bumped into a bunch of devs on their way to Gamescom and they said they were the developers of Forza Street.

Is this the 'fun app' that's coming? Maybe they still call it Forza Street when it's just Miami Street now? Who knows?
I can't add anything else to this story other than that I'm 99% sure Miami Street was a "Forza" franchise title at some point during development.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
But Kingdom Hearts 3 has been shown off tons and both it and Resident Evil 2 will be at Gamescom. Days Gone got like 2 hours of gameplay footage. We've barely seen anything of Crackdown 3 though and it honestly needs the coverage the most.

Yes, but looking at it compared to Microsofts other exclusives this year (FH4, SoT and SoD2), they only start the marketing push 2 months before launch, so it seems pretty normal.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
bruh what the fuck they gonna show off during inside xbox tomorrow?

already no gears 5, crackdown, no elite v2. this $150 accessory is sounding like a race wheel or something and an app that sounds like it's for gamepass.

shit sounds kinda lame tbh

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Crackdown 3 is a funking big and sad disappointment of this generation.
I always ask myself how people can come to this conclusion when the game hasn't been released yet.

Was it announced too early? Yes.
Was the marketing around it bad? Yes.
Was the focus on cloud destruction bad? Yes.
Was the game in rough development about 2 - 3 years ago? Yes.
Can the game still be a great experience at the very end? Fuck, yes. Especially if I take the gameplay itself from GC 2017 as any kind of indication, then it will be a really fun game no matter what.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
bruh what the fuck they gonna show off during inside xbox tomorrow?

already no gears 5, crackdown, no elite v2. this $150 accessory is sounding like a race wheel or something and an app that sounds like it's for gamepass.

shit sounds kinda lame tbh

- Sea of Thieves Forsaken Shores which should be cool.
- SoD2 expansion.
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (I think we know everything about that game already)
- Forza Horizon 4 (I think we know everything about that game already)
- PUBG

And some third party stuff like Metro and DMC. Should be a good show, just wished for more at Gamescom.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Even though there was an announcement, I'm refusing to even believe Age of Empires 4 is happening until I see gameplay. I feel as if that game will never see the light of day.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No we didn't. I have 22 days played on the X. Including all nighters this pack weekend(15 chicken dinners in the last 3 days!!!). The frame rate still drops into the mid 20's for minutes at a time. This game preforms like ass on my X with a ssd. Still great tho.

Really? The latest patch (private test server) ran very good. I was finally impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.