• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Crackdown 3 delay again ?? walmart canada change pre-order deliver date again to march 2019...?
It's delayed on the site to March 31st, which is usually a placeholder date for Q1. I think this probably means that it's moving off the originally announced February 22nd date, but I don't think that necessarily means it's coming on March 31st. I wonder if it could be moving up two weeks or something, but Microsoft just told them it was changed to Q1 before the new date is announced at XO18?

Rodneybouch

Feb 28, 2018
It's delayed on the site to March 31st, which is usually a placeholder date for Q1. I think this probably means that it's moving off the originally announced February 22nd date, but I don't think that necessarily means it's coming on March 31st. I wonder if it could be moving up two weeks or something, but Microsoft just told them it was changed to Q1 before the new date is announced at XO18?

It may make sense will phil spencer saying (Yesterday) that the game has still has work to been done on. If they don't show more of the game in november we could think that the game will move again.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
For whatever it's worth, the date on my Amazon pre-order says 2/28/19 and now the Crackdown 3 page on the store says that as well. They might just be kicking it back a week to let it breathe a little bit.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
what if they push it a week forward
discord-thinking-emoji-png-8.png

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
out of third party im expecting Metro and Anthem for sure to be at XO. maybe even Division and DMC again. (hopefully Sekiro too!)

MS games I only expect Gears 5 (maybe tactics), Crackdown 3 and Ori.
DmC will totally be there. It's releasing in early 2019 and Microsoft has promotion rights.

I think those first party will be there but I'd add Age of Empires announced for Xbox. Battletoads is another serious candidate. Maybe some content for games like Sea of Thieves, FH4 and SoD 2. I think they will announce at least one new game, and I think that it might be done by a studio whose acquisition they'll announce at the same time. For instance, if they announce that they purchased Playful, they might also announce what they've been up to. What do you think?

Jan 4, 2018
Thinking about if M&K would bring games like WoW to Xbox I realized that now would be the best possible moment to port it, but not the regular version but the WoW Classic version (vanilla game)

There will be many Xbox gamers that are familiar with WoW's lore, but I don't think it's even close to 20% of the possible "new audience" so it'll make sense to start from the beginning and I guess they'll be adding the expansions over time (or at least I would like to since when I got to play the game there were already at least 4 expansions released as at the time of release I've chosen FFXI over WoW)

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
If you want to read a goofy and incredibly detailed XO prediction post, look no further:

Show starts with a trailer highlighting Forza Horizon's two expansions. The first is a street racing expansion set in a condensed version of London (it seems weird that they would do a Horizon set in the UK and not have London). The second also takes place in the same London map (no new map, but double the map size of previous expansions) and has the player taking on jobs that involve cars like taxi missions, courier missions, and delivery routes. Eventually, the second expansion begins to add a bit of a narrative and slowly morphs into a James Bond inspired "espionage" racing game with the player delivering "classified documents" or something similar with ominous black SUVs chasing them through the streets of London in a mixture of supercars and large storage vehicles with the expansion's light story told through the car's GPS. A bit of cheesy fun in a new direction for Playground.

Phil comes out and waxes poetically about how much he loves games for a bit. He then talks about how good of a year Xbox had, talks about the launch of Forza, and about how exciting it's been to work with the new teams and add new staff. Phil says they're going to lead off with a game that everyone's been waiting for, Crackdown 3.

Crackdown 3 is BLOWN OUT. They start with a multiplayer trailer detailing a few of the main modes that incorporate the destruction. It looks good, but we're all (the posters here) incredibly suspicious. After the trailer, Terry Crews comes out and is intense and yells a bit. They bring out a few more developers and play a short game on stage, cutting between players (a la the Forza Horizon 4 demo at E3). Again, everyone is pretty skeptical and dubious the game is actually being played live on stage. They end the Crackdown 3 segment with a story trailer and it actually looks pretty solid. The trailer ends with a February 8th, 2019 release date, moving the game's release up two weeks.

A short Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer is shown with a release date of April 23rd. 2019. What more is there to say? The game looks and will be phenomenal.

A Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer is shown, finally unveiling the much-speculated inclusion of Star Wars (I know they've implied it won't happen. I think it makes too much sense to leave it out). At one point, the keyblade will clash with a lightsaber.

Phil is back out and introduces the Xbox Keyboard and Mouse. The combination is $150 and is designed to sit in your lap so you can play comfortably on the couch or in a chair. Phil says this allows Xbox to get more games on the platform. He announces a partnership with Sega with Total War: Three Kingdoms and Endless Space 2 coming to Xbox as Keyboard/Mouse-only games (digital-only), reiterating that they're letting developers do what they want. He said this also allows them to put their own PC offerings on Xbox starting with AoE2 Remastered, releasing in 2019 (no date is given and there is no mention of AoE3: R, AoE4, or Gears Tactics).

Ashley Spencer comes out for some Gamepass announcements. Crackdown 1 and Ori and the Blind Forest are out on Gamepass right now. She also announces a combination Xbox Live Gold/Xbox Gamepass subscription available now for $15/month or $150/year (Saving $5/month or $30/year).

A trailer for Ashen is shown with a reminder it's launching on Gamepass. The release date is reiterated (and will be announced between now and XO18).

A first look at Battletoad's gameplay is shown in the form of a short gameplay trailer. No release date is given other than 2019.

A new trailer is shown for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

A trailer for a new Sea of Thieves expansion is shown. It's called Sea of Thieves: Trouble the Waters and it's a PVP game mode where multiple teams of pirates battle for treasure and to return it to the outpost in a small, "roped-off" portion of the map. The end of the trailer has a teaser for a short campaign (they won't say this, but 2-4 hours), coming in the Spring with at least one established actor/actress voicing a character (Smart money is on Kevin Kline. I don't know why.).

*Night Vision Goggle Startup Sound* Sam Fisher is back! Very short teaser (Michael Ironside voice over with a few in-engine action shots) is shown without platform information (in terms of both current generation versus next generation and exclusive versus multi-platform) or a release date or window.

Gears of War is up next. Rod Fergusson comes out and talks through a short story mission segment, before showing off a trailer for a new and improved Horde Mode. Horde Mode has a bit of a Call of Duty zombies feel (using points to unlock new areas of the map and weapons) and is a celebration of the entire franchise with characters and weapons from the entire series. The maps will have different "moods" including one survival-horror inspired map. There is no mention of Gears Tactics or Gears Pop (I personally think that Gears Tactics is a 2020 title and Microsoft won't want to muddle their message). Again, not much to say here. The game looks and will be phenomenal.

Phil is back on stage and starting to wrap up the show. He reiterates that Xbox is the best place to play, that they're investing in their existing franchises, and looking for new teams as well. He announces the acquisition of three new studios, Obsidian, Playful, and, in a surprise announcement, Supermassive Games. He says he looks forward to sharing more of what they've been working on at E3 (meaning each team will show a game at E3 2019, with Supermassive showing off The Dark Picture Anthology and Obsidian and Playful showing off unannounced projects).

Phil then says he looks forward to what all the Microsoft Studios will do, both in this generation and the next as representatives from each studio come on stage. Phil says that bringing back XO was the next step in Xbox becoming the industry-leader in the video game space. The stage is full at this point. He says that they're excited to show us what they've been working on in both the hardware and software space. He thanks the crowd.

A video plays with leadership from the new and existing studios talking about how exciting of a time it is for Xbox. They eventually transition into them talking about having seen prototypes and hardware specifications for the next Xbox and they talk it up, things like it allows them to push the limits, do new things, and that the next Xbox will be a monster.

The video ends and fades to the Microsoft Studios logo, but then the Ninja Theory logo is shown. It's Ninja Theory's new game. It's set in modern times and the antagonist seems to be a religious cult. The project looks similar in size and scope to Hellblade. It's a fairly short trailer, but we do see obvious gameplay clips cut in. The trailer ends with an unexpected, but exciting, release date, 2019.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
The game is included in Game Pass. The sales of the game don't tell the complete picture anymore. It makes absolutely zero sense to push sales numbers when your whole strategy is focused on getting people into your subscription model.
It's true, but this is why I hope they will say how many subscribers has the Game Pass.

But why would they give those numbers? They are literally trading sales for subscribers, they are literally giving up console sales to reach a wider audience on other platforms, and to give that data would only make it seem less successful than they are.
There is one reason to give sales numbers: showing to third party publishers that the Game Pass help sales.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox doing decent/good in many parts of the world..it's not as popular as PS worldwide but its doing good in parts of SA and Australia nd all.. In Asia it's doing quite well in Singapore and Malaysia. I was in Singapore recently and shopkeeper was saying Xbox is healthy here.
America's include North and South America.

Australia is probably another country it does well in relative to the rest.

Everywhere else the Xbox One is not selling good. It hasn't even hit 40M and given the info from earlier in the year that Xbox sales were up 15% from last year, overall sales outside the US are actually down. Whatever it's selling in those Asian countries is probably 100's of units at most.

maro765vv

Feb 15, 2018
If you want to read a goofy and incredibly detailed XO prediction post, look no further:

Show starts with a trailer highlighting Forza Horizon's two expansions. The first is a street racing expansion set in a condensed version of London (it seems weird that they would do a Horizon set in the UK and not have London). The second also takes place in the same London map (no new map, but double the map size of previous expansions) and has the player taking on jobs that involve cars like taxi missions, courier missions, and delivery routes. Eventually, the second expansion begins to add a bit of a narrative and slowly morphs into a James Bond inspired "espionage" racing game with the player delivering "classified documents" or something similar with ominous black SUVs chasing them through the streets of London in a mixture of supercars and large storage vehicles with the expansion's light story told through the car's GPS. A bit of cheesy fun in a new direction for Playground.

Phil comes out and waxes poetically about how much he loves games for a bit. He then talks about how good of a year Xbox had, talks about the launch of Forza, and about how exciting it's been to work with the new teams and add new staff. Phil says they're going to lead off with a game that everyone's been waiting for, Crackdown 3.

Crackdown 3 is BLOWN OUT. They start with a multiplayer trailer detailing a few of the main modes that incorporate the destruction. It looks good, but we're all (the posters here) incredibly suspicious. After the trailer, Terry Crews comes out and is intense and yells a bit. They bring out a few more developers and play a short game on stage, cutting between players (a la the Forza Horizon 4 demo at E3). Again, everyone is pretty skeptical and dubious the game is actually being played live on stage. They end the Crackdown 3 segment with a story trailer and it actually looks pretty solid. The trailer ends with a February 8th, 2019 release date, moving the game's release up two weeks.

A short Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer is shown with a release date of April 23rd. 2019. What more is there to say? The game looks and will be phenomenal.

A Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer is shown, finally unveiling the much-speculated inclusion of Star Wars (I know they've implied it won't happen. I think it makes too much sense to leave it out). At one point, the keyblade will clash with a lightsaber.

Phil is back out and introduces the Xbox Keyboard and Mouse. The combination is $150 and is designed to sit in your lap so you can play comfortably on the couch or in a chair. Phil says this allows Xbox to get more games on the platform. He announces a partnership with Sega with Total War: Three Kingdoms and Endless Space 2 coming to Xbox as Keyboard/Mouse-only games (digital-only), reiterating that they're letting developers do what they want. He said this also allows them to put their own PC offerings on Xbox starting with AoE2 Remastered, releasing in 2019 (no date is given and there is no mention of AoE3: R, AoE4, or Gears Tactics).

Ashley Spencer comes out for some Gamepass announcements. Crackdown 1 and Ori and the Blind Forest are out on Gamepass right now. She also announces a combination Xbox Live Gold/Xbox Gamepass subscription available now for $15/month or $150/year (Saving $5/month or $30/year).

A trailer for Ashen is shown with a reminder it's launching on Gamepass. The release date is reiterated (and will be announced between now and XO18).

A first look at Battletoad's gameplay is shown in the form of a short gameplay trailer. No release date is given other than 2019.

A trailer for a new Sea of Thieves expansion is shown. It's called Sea of Thieves: Trouble the Waters and it's a PVP game mode where multiple teams of pirates battle for treasure and to return it to the outpost in a small, "roped-off" portion of the map. The end of the trailer has a teaser for a short campaign (they won't say this, but 2-4 hours), coming in the Spring with at least one established actor/actress voicing a character (Smart money is on Kevin Kline. I don't know why.).

*Night Vision Goggle Startup Sound* Sam Fisher is back! Very short teaser (Michael Ironside voice over with a few in-engine action shots) is shown without platform information (in terms of both current generation versus next generation and exclusive versus multi-platform) or a release date or window.

Gears of War is up next. Rod Fergusson comes out and talks through a short story mission segment, before showing off a trailer for a new and improved Horde Mode. Horde Mode has a bit of a Call of Duty zombies feel (using points to unlock new areas of the map and weapons) and is a celebration of the entire franchise with characters and weapons from the entire series. The maps will have different "moods" including one survival-horror inspired map. There is no mention of Gears Tactics or Gears Pop (I personally think that Gears Tactics is a 2020 title and Microsoft won't want to muddle their message). Again, not much to say here. The game looks and will be phenomenal.

Phil is back on stage and starting to wrap up the show. He reiterates that Xbox is the best place to play, that they're investing in their existing franchises, and looking for new teams as well. He announces the acquisition of three new studios, Obsidian, Playful, and, in a surprise announcement, Supermassive Games. He says he looks forward to sharing more of what they've been working on at E3 (meaning each team will show a game at E3 2019, with Supermassive showing off The Dark Picture Anthology and Obsidian and Playful showing off unannounced projects).

Phil then says he looks forward to what all the Microsoft Studios will do, both in this generation and the next as representatives from each studio come on stage. Phil says that bringing back XO was the next step in Xbox becoming the industry-leader in the video game space. The stage is full at this point. He says that they're excited to show us what they've been working on in both the hardware and software space. He thanks the crowd.

A video plays with leadership from the new and existing studios talking about how exciting of a time it is for Xbox. They eventually transition into them talking about having seen prototypes and hardware specifications for the next Xbox and they talk it up, things like it allows them to push the limits, do new things, and that the next Xbox will be a monster.

The video ends and fades to the Microsoft Studios logo, but then the Ninja Theory logo is shown. It's Ninja Theory's new game. It's set in modern times and the antagonist seems to be a religious cult. The project looks similar in size and scope to Hellblade. It's a fairly short trailer, but we do see obvious gameplay clips cut in. The trailer ends with an unexpected, but exciting, release date, 2019.
I WANT TO BELIVE <3

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Has this already been addressed?
HG6Gof3.png

I know there was a brief discussion about a 2016 TM renewal but don't recall this...

Last edited:

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
For whatever it's worth, the date on my Amazon pre-order says 2/28/19 and now the Crackdown 3 page on the store says that as well. They might just be kicking it back a week to let it breathe a little bit.
UK's site says 31/12/2018, as a placeholder date. So, noone can be sure now if it will be released on 9 February, 22 February, 28 February or even March to make more space in publishing games in January and February.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
There is one reason to give sales numbers: showing to third party publishers that the Game Pass help sales.
They can show that privately for them. However, I think Gamepass helping on sales is a temporary effect of not yet being as ubiquitous as gold. It seems to have a big enough base to generate some buzz about the games coming out, but small enough that users are not using the sub to play but rather buying them... Looking at the sales they seem to be extra front loaded even though the numbers of players increase fast, so maybe the initial push is mostly their hardcore userbase buying the ultimate edition for a few days of early access (In the case of SoD2 at least the ultimate version outsold the regular edition digitally at launch)

What I do agree that will only get better is the revenue that you can have from gamepass. With the service growing and more newer titles coming at it, it will have enough data to answer this question for any game: I launched my game on xbox, when should I put it on gamepass? maximizing the launch window sales and the revenue from putting the game into the sub, based on the actual sales performance, effectively increasing the chances that your game on xbox is always profitable.

For example, data might show that a game like Forza Horizon 3 could be hold off to over an year before hitting the service, because is still selling well. An AAA game that had disappoint launch window sales like Shadow of Tomb Raider could perhaps be added after the holiday craze is over... Ms is probably using a lot of their AI research on stuff like that to crunch that data and answer when it's better for a game to launch on gamepass.. If they don't, they definitely should, because that sure as hell could make it a immense platform feature, specially once they bring it properly to PC and mobile.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Looking at the studios overview on page one, it occurred to me that Ninja Theory could maybe use the talent of Microsoft's graphic designers to create a new logo, because fucking yuck.

Deleted member 11995

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I wouldn't mind if they moved Crackdown's release date back again. February next year looks crazy right now, with several big titles releasing basically within days of each other. Also, at this point what difference would one more delay make?

They could give Crackdown another month and room to breathe. It could be a good idea.

But of course, with GamePass, maybe MS don't really care that much about day one sales figures and stuff like that anymore. Who knows right now. Times are changing.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
They can show that privately for them. However, I think Gamepass helping on sales is a temporary effect of not yet being as ubiquitous as gold. It seems to have a big enough base to generate some buzz about the games coming out, but small enough that users are not using the sub to play but rather buying them... Looking at the sales they seem to be extra front loaded even though the numbers of players increase fast, so maybe the initial push is mostly their hardcore userbase buying the ultimate edition for a few days of early access (In the case of SoD2 at least the ultimate version outsold the regular edition digitally at launch)

What I do agree that will only get better is the revenue that you can have from gamepass. With the service growing and more newer titles coming at it, it will have enough data to answer this question for any game: I launched my game on xbox, when should I put it on gamepass? maximizing the launch window sales and the revenue from putting the game into the sub, based on the actual sales performance, effectively increasing the chances that your game on xbox is always profitable.

For example, data might show that a game like Forza Horizon 3 could be hold off to over an year before hitting the service, because is still selling well. An AAA game that had disappoint launch window sales like Shadow of Tomb Raider could perhaps be added after the holiday craze is over... Ms is probably using a lot of their AI research on stuff like that to crunch that data and answer when it's better for a game to launch on gamepass.. If they don't, they definitely should, because that sure as hell could make it a immense platform feature, specially once they bring it properly to PC and mobile.
I don't see any reason to not make a multiplayer game available on Xbox Game Pass day one. It's the best of worlds: you can let everyone try the game (like a free-to-play game) but you still earn money (like a buy to play game).

The "game as a service" model has many advantages for publishers, but it has a big defect: it need players. If a game doesn't have enough player, it will be a disaster, like it happens to Mirage: Arcane Warfare, Lawbreakers, Fortnite (before the battle royale mode) and a lot of others games. Xbox Game Pass is the miracle cure for these games and more the game will be available early on Xbox Game Pass, more it will work. I don't think Xbox Game Pass can save a dead game, but it can help it to have a good start.

The games that fit the least with Xbox Game Pass are AAA linear single payer only games. For sure, if your game can be finished in 10/15 hours and have no replay value after that, sell it for 60$ is more interesting than put it on Xbox Game Pass. But how many games like that still exist, if you except first party games ?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
With the announcement that Sony is skipping PSX because they "don't have enough to show", I think that they don't have any other games left or studios unaccounted for for this generation.

The reason why this is relevant to Microsoft Studios is, Microsoft and Sony are (give or take 1 studio) on par for studio count. I think Microsoft needs to have above the amount of studios Sony has, not for console wars but so we don't end up in a situation where we are waiting years for new game announcements.

Aug 26, 2018

I would have loved to be in your head when you wrote that. Good one :)

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I don't see any reason to not make a multiplayer game available on Xbox Game Pass day one. It's the best of worlds: you can let everyone try the game (like a free-to-play game) but you still earn money (like a buy to play game).

The "game as a service" model has many advantages for publishers, but it has a big defect: it need players. If a game doesn't have enough player, it will be a disaster, like it happens to Mirage: Arcane Warfare, Lawbreakers, Fortnite (before the battle royale mode) and a lot of others games. Xbox Game Pass is the miracle cure for these games and more the game will be available early on Xbox Game Pass, more it will work. I don't think Xbox Game Pass can save a dead game, but it can help it to have a good start.

The games that fit the least with Xbox Game Pass are AAA linear single payer only games. For sure, if your game can be finished in 10/15 hours and have no replay value after that, sell it for 60$ is more interesting than put it on Xbox Game Pass. But how many games like that still exist, if you except first party games ?
I don't mean putting all games day one. I mean finding the right time, on a game per game basis to put the game on the service based on revenue.

An unrealistic example, but to make a point. Let's say a game sells 10 millions on launch month, and then 0 on the next. Since there were literally 0 sales putting the game on gamepass wouldn't hurt at all, despite being a multi million seller. Of course, reality is more complex than that, and the answer will greatly vary from game to game, but you can see there will be a point where revenue drops and then you can increase, either by the money Ms pays you to get the game on their service or by a larger pool consuming DLC and micro transactions.

Then there are the small but risky games. Perhaps gamepass wouldn't have saved Lawbreakers, but the money the studio received could make the game profitable and they would still be around. Or in the case of telltale, imagine if they made a deal with Ms to launch day one on gamepass. IT would be another constant revenue stream for the studio, independent from their game sales that could've kept the studio afloat. They could make a deal to have a constant influx of new episodes from multiple series. And I don't even mean making it exclusive, just launching day one on gamepass.

Overall, I just think gamepass is an amazing platform opportunity for developers, to increase their revenue, and I would like to see Ms using it more effectively to bring content to xbox in a way that makes it a very desirable platform for developers.

Apr 6, 2018
Yeah, im guessing that the multi-platform games that were going to be shown at PSX will be at X0. I think that Metro Exodus is a guarantee to be shown. It looks amazing and will be one of my three purchases on February 22nd. DMC 5 will probably be shown and if possible, Microsoft should try to show REmake2 since it would be right around the corner.

Agree with you about them having a good conference and building on their E3 momentum. Forza Horizon 4 first expansion would be guaranteed in my opinion. Would love to see Battletoads and Gears Tactics (as well as an official Xbox One announcement).

I'm expecting Microsoft to announce at least one acquisition. My guess is Obsidian.
hoping to see again Crackdown multiplayer with buildings destroyed. Maybe even sekiro and kh could be hosted in the conference .
I wont put my money on a reveal but on an acquisition. Having the first gameplay of gears tactics age of empire on console and battletoads would be awesome(I'm trying to consider the realistic case after watching 2017 psexperience)

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the announcement that Sony is skipping PSX because they "don't have enough to show", I think that they don't have any other games left or studios unaccounted for for this generation.

The reason why this is relevant to Microsoft Studios is, Microsoft and Sony are (give or take 1 studio) on par for studio count. I think Microsoft needs to have above the amount of studios Sony has, not for console wars but so we don't end up in a situation where we are waiting years for new game announcements.

Yoshida has stated they still have PS4 exclusives yet to be announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xk-TYS7p5Y&feature=youtu.be

"not for console wars", sounds more like list wars

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yoshida has stated they still have PS4 exclusives yet to be announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xk-TYS7p5Y&feature=youtu.be

"not for console wars", sounds more like list wars
Did you read the other half of my post? It's not for wars of any kind, it's so we can have a constant stream of games and game announcements.

Don't want years of seeing the same games. The direct quote from Shawn Layden is "We are making progress on games but we don't have enough to show"

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Are you saying all PS4 exclusives are the same?
What? You're just twisting my words now. I'm saying we've seen Days Gone for like two and a half years now. We've seen Death Stranding for two and a half years and it's likely not coming out until 2020, etc. At E3, we saw 4 of the same games we've been seeing for multiple events (and in Spider-Man's case, we saw it at like four events prior? Three minimum).

Also I'm not only calling out PS4. We've seen Crackdown 3 since 2014 too. The point is that Sony had two years of not many exclusives, started releasing a lot of good exclusives and then at E3 2017 we saw the same games, PGW they had one new announcement, E3 2018 we saw the same games and it's looking likely they won't be announcing another first party game for the rest of this year.

That's why I believe Microsoft needs more studios than Sony. Microsoft's strategy is Game Pass, a constant stream of Game Pass games, constantly giving people reasons to stay subscribed and being at the same level of Sony is not going to do that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? You're just twisting my words now. I'm saying we've seen Days Gone for like two and a half years now. We've seen Death Stranding for two and a half years and it's likely not coming out until 2020, etc. At E3, we saw 4 of the same games we've been seeing for multiple events (and in Spider-Man's case, we saw it at like four events prior? Three minimum).

Also I'm not only calling out PS4. We've seen Crackdown 3 since 2014 too. The point is that Sony had two years of not many exclusives, started releasing a lot of good exclusives and then at E3 2017 we saw the same games, PGW they had one new announcement, E3 2018 we saw the same games and it's looking likely they won't be announcing another first party game this year.

Oh shit, sorry, my mistake, read it wrong.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
America's include North and South America.

Australia is probably another country it does well in relative to the rest.

Everywhere else the Xbox One is not selling good. It hasn't even hit 40M and given the info from earlier in the year that Xbox sales were up 15% from last year, overall sales outside the US are actually down. Whatever it's selling in those Asian countries is probably 100's of units at most.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/xbox-one-39-1m-units-estimated/amp/

Those numbers were released back in March, so unless they've sold less than a million consoles since then, they should be well over 40 mil.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Wow man. Thats very imaginative and creative. Good job.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Banjo remake AND Conker 2 by Playful. Dream big.

I would love for them to do it, but I hope Playful knows how to make more mature games. Super Lucky´s Tale was aimed at the Pre-K demographic and could have easily been one of those edutainment makes that has puzzles that teach a kid how to count or something lol.

This is why I think MS should buy them, so other Xbox devs can help them (like Rare) if they were tasked with making a new Banjo and Conker. I honestly think the two studios collaborating would work best to bring these series back.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Microsoft Studios will eventually end up having more studios than SWWS if only a quarter of their theoretical plans go through.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Red Dead 2 pre-loadable on the X and if so, how big? Thinking about going with the X for Red Dead 2 since the first game is BC there, but KH3 on PS4P since the Xbox doesn't have the other games.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hoping to see again Crackdown multiplayer with buildings destroyed. Maybe even sekiro and kh could be hosted in the conference .
I wont put my money on a reveal but on an acquisition. Having the first gameplay of gears tactics age of empire on console and battletoads would be awesome(I'm trying to consider the realistic case after watching 2017 psexperience)

Microsoft should definitely show Crackdown 3, especially the multi-player as three months away from the showcase, it needs to be shown off because if not, that simply doesn't look or bode well for the game. Sekiro looks amazing. First quarter of 2019 is packed. Kingdom Hearts 3 will probably be shown as SE has been showing it every damn where. LOL.

Maybe they won't but if they do have a deal done, they should announce it because it only keeps the momentum going. I have no interest in Age of Empires as those types of games simply aren't for me but they should definitely show it running on Xbox One X if possible or at least announce it if it hasn't already. A short gameplay trailer for Battletoads would be great because it's supposed to be a beat em up so im excited to see what it looks like and how it plays. Definitely hoping for a gameplay video and Xbox One announcement for Gears Tactics because especially now, there's no reason for it to not be on Xbox One.

2017 PSX sucked. I watched maybe five minutes and was done. I have no problem if something like PSX is just meant for the fans who go there but in that case, that's all it should be. There should be no live streams or anything. Let the fans that go there enjoy it all and then post the panels two weeks later on their respective YouTube channel. This way, the event does what it's meant to while those like me can't get excited or have any expectations since there wouldn't be a showcase. I'm definitely disappointed that there's no PSX this year but if it was going to be like last year, then I prefer Sony not having one even though I am surprised that they're not doing at least the fan event itself. But whatever. I'm sure they have their reasons.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Also I'm not only calling out PS4. We've seen Crackdown 3 since 2014 too. The point is that Sony had two years of not many exclusives, started releasing a lot of good exclusives and then at E3 2017 we saw the same games, PGW they had one new announcement, E3 2018 we saw the same games and it's looking likely they won't be announcing another first party game for the rest of this year.

That's why I believe Microsoft needs more studios than Sony. Microsoft's strategy is Game Pass, a constant stream of Game Pass games, constantly giving people reasons to stay subscribed and being at the same level of Sony is not going to do that.

Days Gone debuted at E3 2016 and was supposed to release this October but was delayed once RDR 2 and COD had their release dates announced and confirmed. Wasn't at E3 2018 so thus far, it's really only been two shows because any other shows is basically just a modified trailer of what was already shown with maybe a little extra here and there. Death Stranding I'll give you but it's how Kojima works and he's an established proven veteran in the industry who's also one of the best in gaming history so no one is going to argue with him when it comes to how he shows off his games. Spider Man debuted at E3 2016 but E3 2017 was gameplay. So basically, two events. If you rewatch other events, majority of the videos are the same for the most part as the previous event. For example, at TGS, Days Gone was the same as the Game Informer coverage, just a little extra tidbits and more polished.

Personally, I don't mind it especially if it's for games im 100% all in on which except for Death Stranding, I am. I want to see more of those games just like I want to see more of games for the rest of 2018 and early 2019. Gimme, gimme, gimme more. LOL.

The difference is that it's NOT about the quantity. It's ALL ABOUT the QUALITY. Doesn't matter if Microsoft has 20 internal studios if say 75% of them release crap. Sony hasn't published a bad game since The Order: 1886.

Having constant content on Game Pass is one thing but having good or better consistent content is another. Microsoft doesn't need to fill up Game Pass monthly with their own content. They can always add games from Xbox, Xbox 360 or multi-platform games from this gen. If they try filling content every month, the quality is going to suffer and like they say, less is more.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
One thing i find it strange about next-gen consoles is it seems some people keep thinking the date between announcement and release will be over 1 year(ie. announce at E3 2019 then release at fall 2020), which was not the case for PS4 and XB1, and i don't see it will suddenly change in next gen.

Yeah some people may say "but One X!", but i see One X's super early announcement was due to MS need to tell people they're not giving up.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Days Gone debuted at E3 2016 and was supposed to release this October but was delayed once RDR 2 and COD had their release dates announced and confirmed. Wasn't at E3 2018 so thus far, it's really only been two shows because any other shows is basically just a modified trailer of what was already shown with maybe a little extra here and there. Death Stranding I'll give you but it's how Kojima works and he's an established proven veteran in the industry who's also one of the best in gaming history so no one is going to argue with him when it comes to how he shows off his games. Spider Man debuted at E3 2016 but E3 2017 was gameplay. So basically, two events. If you rewatch other events, majority of the videos are the same for the most part as the previous event. For example, at TGS, Days Gone was the same as the Game Informer coverage, just a little extra tidbits and more polished.

Personally, I don't mind it especially if it's for games im 100% all in on which except for Death Stranding, I am. I want to see more of those games just like I want to see more of games for the rest of 2018 and early 2019. Gimme, gimme, gimme more. LOL.

The difference is that it's NOT about the quantity. It's ALL ABOUT the QUALITY. Doesn't matter if Microsoft has 20 internal studios if say 75% of them release crap. Sony hasn't published a bad game since The Order: 1886.

Having constant content on Game Pass is one thing but having good or better consistent content is another. Microsoft doesn't need to fill up Game Pass monthly with their own content. They can always add games from Xbox, Xbox 360 or multi-platform games from this gen. If they try filling content every month, the quality is going to suffer and like they say, less is more.
Microsoft will have apparently hired 600 developers this year alone by years end. I think the quality will be good. I can definitely tell you that at E3 2018, I didn't think any of the exclusive games looked rough, they all looked amazing in my eyes anyway. In previous years, I thought half of the games looked janky.

Status
Not open for further replies.