• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Too late, its already in your head mwahahaha!

If Microsoft has acquired Obsidian, they would already have a pretty good studio to make a new Mass Effect if Obsidian wanted to go that route.

......Or, Obsidian could just make a new IP?

In all seriousness there is genuine potential for MS to grow Obsidian into their own BioWare equivalent if they give it enough time and resources.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody wants to take some guesses at what the Game Pass announcements will be?

Extreme wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love to see Microsoft couple late JP game ports with Game Pass. Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Dragon Quest XI. Make them available for purchase and on Game Pass on the same day.

In my dream scenario, Phil has been making trips to Japan with Game Pass subscriber/purchase numbers in hand to show devs it can widen their audience on the platform.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Extreme wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love to see Microsoft couple late JP game ports with Game Pass. Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Dragon Quest XI. Make them available for purchase and on Game Pass on the same day.

In my dream scenario, Phil has been making trips to Japan with Game Pass subscriber/purchase numbers in hand to show devs it can widen their audience on the platform.

I'd be super hyped for DQ and yakuza to come to xbox in any shape or form.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Bit of a giveaway that Chris isn't fully aware of what's going on at Obsidian, on the other hand though I do wonder whether MS will make any changes to upper management, or if people like Feargus and Chris Parker will walk away once the deal is finalised.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Bit of a giveaway that Chris isn't fully aware of what's going on at Obsidian, on the other hand though I do wonder whether MS will make any changes to upper management, or if people like Feargus and Chris Parker will walk away once the deal is finalised.

He may be spot on but why didn't he just dm Phil instead of putting this out there like that.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, some of you guys had me really down on XO18 this weekend :) But that blog post has me appropriately hyped again for some great and fun stuff, realizing that this isn't E3 of course.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I hate they are showing Crackdown 3 tho. Uch i just dont want to see the game outside of trailers.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
Phil Spencer and Matt Booty? Hopefully that means what are we thinking about. Not only some shit/PR-talking.

Dozen games for Xbox Game Pass? Let's predict what these 12 games will include.

Not sure if posted
The usual Xbox community is in the video alongside Rand.

Once again, XO expectations are lower than expected. LOL

Another clickbait video about nothing.

What was/is there?

I just want Obsidian Entertainment to be confirmed. I still do not like how everybody is acting like its a done deal. I want an official announcement.
Me too.

"Minecraft Studio Head"

Am I out of the loop here or do MS refer to Mojang as just the Minecraft Studio now :/

When they had their banner out at E3 showing all of there first party stuff they just had the Minecraft logo instead of Mojang.
Actually Yes. They're focusing on Minecraft universe only now. As they said on last MINECON in September, Minecraft: Dungeons is the first game in different genres in Minecraft universe.

Also, Minecraft is more recognizable as a brand then Mojang.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass announcements have me curious. Hoping for something big.
Hellblade will go on there, book it.

Damn, Chris going for the jugular.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Is there gonna be a XO18 thread?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Uh, I just bought an X some days ago and have a question. As it's, as far as I can tell, the defacto thread for all things MS, I hope you will bear with me for a few minutes.

- I'm wondering if my console is somehow a defect or if the X UI is really... subpar. I mean performance-wise, navigating the interface is a lag fest. If I change the 'selected' part of the UI I'm on, there is a good chance I get a brief, let's say 1 second lag. Not long, but this adds up when you are casually browsing the thing. Same thing if I change page, like for example between the home screen and the store.

- Trailers that frequently display the big stop playing symbol without me finding how to remove it.

- UI wise I also can't seem to make sense of the 'group' function. I made a 'Games' group for the hell of it, no real point, and since then the icon for Red Dead 2 in it has regularly disappeared and be replaced by a black one with just the title of the game. Not to mention when powering on the console today after maybe a week of inactivity, I just found this group empty, with the message that there was nothing in it anymore.

So ? Is it normal and I should chalk it up to win10 being win10, or what ?

The Store is shit, so every time you access it you can expect lag and poor design. The rest should not lag or at least it doesn't for me after the initial load. However, people say that it can be quite dependent on your internet connection - I don't know, it works well for me even though I have a rather crappy ISP.

I don't know what to tell you about the disappearing group entries, it obviously shouldn't happen. Live has been acting strange for some people over the past few days, though.

Oct 26, 2017
If it's true what Chris says and if Obsidian is indeed going to MS, I hope they take care of that because it doesn't sound good and MS sure doesn't need any of that.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Avellone kind of comes across as a loud baby. Super unprofessional, at any rate imo.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

avellone just really, REALLY hates feargus
i think the contrary is true as well

Oct 26, 2017

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
12+ games, huh? I will bite

- Hellblade
- Pillars of Eternity
- PUBG
- Age of Empires 1: DE
- Age of Empires 2: DE
- Rise of Nations
- We Happy Few
- Ashen
- Fallout New Vegas
- Prey
- Indie Game
- Indie Game
- Indie Game

Hard to guess the smaller games besides Ashen :P

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Uh, I just bought an X some days ago and have a question. As it's, as far as I can tell, the defacto thread for all things MS, I hope you will bear with me for a few minutes.

- I'm wondering if my console is somehow a defect or if the X UI is really... subpar. I mean performance-wise, navigating the interface is a lag fest. If I change the 'selected' part of the UI I'm on, there is a good chance I get a brief, let's say 1 second lag. Not long, but this adds up when you are casually browsing the thing. Same thing if I change page, like for example between the home screen and the store.

- Trailers that frequently display the big stop playing symbol without me finding how to remove it.

- UI wise I also can't seem to make sense of the 'group' function. I made a 'Games' group for the hell of it, no real point, and since then the icon for Red Dead 2 in it has regularly disappeared and be replaced by a black one with just the title of the game. Not to mention when powering on the console today after maybe a week of inactivity, I just found this group empty, with the message that there was nothing in it anymore.

So ? Is it normal and I should chalk it up to win10 being win10, or what ?

Problem with the Xbox UI is it doesn't run locally. If it's laggy, it's due to internet. Even if you have good upload and download, it can be laggy due to latency. Some ISPs are choppy communicating to Microsoft's Azure servers. I have these issues as well. It's frustrating. My ISP claims the issues are due to how I'm being routed after I leave their network. Microsoft says it's my ISPs fault. Been like this all gen.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
12+ games, huh? I will bite

- Hellblade
- Pillars of Eternity
- PUBG
- Age of Empires 1: DE
- Age of Empires 2: DE
- Rise of Nations
- We Happy Few
- Ashen
- Fallout New Vegas
- Prey
- Indie Game
- Indie Game
- Indie Game

Hard to guess the smaller games besides Ashen :P

I like all these, KB/M support is going to be massive for Xbox getting some unique titles usually only available on PC. Would Ashen count though since we already know it's launching into Game Pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.