• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
So I just wanna say this about next e3 even if Gears 5 has a great showing, even if there's a new third forza pillar game, even if ninja theory's game is great and a number of other things, no matter what happens, everything is going to be overshadowed by halo infinite, I have a feeling halo infinite is going to be the biggest MS game yet both in terms of critical reception and players playing it (sales, gamepass and xcloud), I don't believe it will reach the levels of mindshare of a GTA, Fortnite or Cyberpunk 2077 (due to not being available on all platforms) but it will be the next step bellow that, so yeah I'm expecting a lot from Halo infinite.
I'm predicting Infinite to not have a huge showcase at E3 2019. It'll have the spotlight at 2020.

Sergioll713

Banned
Nov 12, 2018
on balloon = platiNOOM?

sorry about this post,

you can do rhymes using the phonetics, you don't need write exactly the same.

PlatiNUM -> NUM sounds like MOON.

and if is not Moon, why klobrile is writing this in Twitter?, he is creating hype, then it will be an important study.

do you understand my idea?

PD: sorry for my english

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I'm going to be thinking of Moons and Baloons all day

4h9BZzE9

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
sorry about this post,

you can do rhymes using the phonetics, you don't need write exactly the same.

PlatiNUM -> NUM sounds like MOON.

and if is not Moon, why klobrile is writing this in Twitter?, he is creating hype, then it will be an important study.

do you understand my idea?

PD: sorry for my english
Num doesn't sound like moon or balloon.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Whatever the studio, it's not IO, Turtle Rock, or the studio that I work with Sony.
I like to think we have 4?

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I guess we can now add Typhoon as a possible candidate along with Turtle Rock and IO. I think the studio that's worked close with Sony could be Housemarque or Bluepoint.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51306

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
No way they wait two years to show off halo infinite prominently, they'll surely show it next e3.
I agree. Even without any Scarlet news showcasing the next big Halo and Gears in the same E3 in major ways is huge on top of possible teases from new studios, rumored acquisitions and third party stuff.

I would love a couple Japan studios. It won't happen as it doesn't make a ton of sense for MS probably. Who would be obtainable outside Mistwalker?

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
They will have to talk about the infinite flighting program at some point and I don't know why they would not do it at E3.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
They will have to talk about the infinite flighting program at some point and I don't know why they would not do it at E3.
I'm confused as to how they are going to handle that whole idea. Doing that for a singleplayer portion of the game seems like it could be a huge mistake, unless they are just going to be releasing basic areas with no plot or anything in the flights.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
It's not Insomniac lol

Think it's Typhoon. Very similar to Compulsion

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
How many languages can we say balloon in to make different rhymes work? He said balloon, but he didn't say what language

It's not Insomniac lol

Think it's Typhoon. Very similar to Compulsion

I'm also thinking Typhoon is one of the most likely. Small studio, but with some existing talent. Could be bought up, probably fairly cheap, and built up with some key additions and support, and having Compulsion already in the area is good because the two studios can work together and support each other

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Have this idea of Remedy returning to thier Noire routes and making an action game thats influenced by John Wick.

I just think after Max Payne, they went too much into gimmicks in the gameplay.

The amazing gunfights that were in Max Payne 1 and 2 became less

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I'm curious how Typhoon will differentiate Journey to the Savage Planet from games such as No Man's Sky and Subnautica, as the teaser looks pretty generic to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I checked the first Microsoft Studios OT with my old wishes:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...urrent-and-future-landscape.1061/post-7746708

My wishes...

First Party:

- 343 Split in 2 Studios - 343 / New Studio - Main Line Halo / ARPG Open World Halo / New Studio with New IPs
- Coalition Split in 2 Studios - Coalition / New Studio - Main Line Gears and Spin-Off / New IPs
- Turn10 - Forza Motorsport / New IPs for Auto Sport / Kart, Water Racing, Flight, etc.
- Rare - New IPs Factory - 2 Teams
- Mojang - Minecraft Factory
- New Studio Santa Monica - New IPs Factory
- Playground - Forza Horizon - Fable / New IPs
- New Fighting Game Studio - Killer Instinct / Xbox Smash Like / New IPs
- Seed / Lab / Tech Team - Incubation, Innovative Tech, Engines, etc.

Creative freedom and time.

Second Party:

- IO Interactive - TPS New IPs
- Remedy - New IPs / Quantum Break / Alan Wake
- Sumo - New IPs / Support
- Certain Affinity - New IPs / Support
- Electric Square - New IPs / Support
- Undead Labs - State of Decay 2 / New IPs
- Creative Assembly - RTS / New IPs
- Relic - RTS / New IPs
- Frontier - Family Games
- Moon Studios - Ori / New IPs
- MDHR - Cuphead / New IPs
- Capy - Below / New IPs
- Aurora 44 - Ashen / New IPs
- Armature - Recore / New IPs
- Playful - Super Luckys Tale / Family Games / New IPs
- Ninja Theory - Ninja Gaiden / Ryse Sequel
- Platinum - JRPG
- Mistwalker - JRPG

A lot of them become reality.

- 343i with FPS and RTS team, now with job listing RPG - Check
- Coalition with 3 Gears games - Check
- Turn10 still the same... Where is my Forza Fun?
- Rare IP Factory - Check
- Mojang still the same ( Minecraft Dungeons )- Check
- New Studio = The Initiative - Check
- Playground Games - Now First Party - Forza/Fable - Check
- Fighting Studio - Where is the first party? :(

- IO Interactive - Rumored
- Remedy - ?
- Certain Affinity - ?
- Undead Labs - Now First Party - Check
- Creative Assembly - ?
- Relic - ?
- Ninja Theory - Now First Party

Bonus:

- Compulsion Games First Party
- Obsidian First Party
- Inxile First Party

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Microsoft was serious about giving studios full creative control, theoretically Obsidian could
That's not what creative control is. They might be letting them make the games they want to make but they won't be letting them go to another publisher. Creative is the key word in that phrase, control over the creative side, not the business side

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Really wish MS would of bought ReSpawn, Titanfall 2 had the best FPS campaign this gen IMO and it could of been their big flagship IP to go along next to Halo and Gears
Titanfall 2's campaign was alright. Pretty cool ideas and interesting world building, but too short for its own good. Titanfall 1's multiplayer was damn fantastic, and one of the best. 2's however was a massive disappointment, and I honestly don't know what people see in it.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So these could be at least 4 MS announce this year
Always fair to say not every studio they are actively talking to is likely to go through.

It will be interesting to see the direction Microsoft Studios will continue this year. While on a personal level I'm not expecting the same amount of new studio additions like in 2018, they clearly still have the intention to grow further in specific areas. While in general their future strategy regarding Game Pass, xCloud and next-gen is kinda obvious and almost transparent by now, there are still a lot of unknown variables. What role will the Asia market play for them? How will they strengthen Mixer even more? How will they tie-in PC gaming into their plans, also with a look at the Windows Store ecosystem? Maybe CES will give us some more answers, but the bigger picture will probably becoming more clear - including Microsoft Studios role - at E3.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Always fair to say not every studio they are actively talking to is likely to go through.

It will be interesting to see the direction Microsoft Studios will continue this year. While on a personal level I'm not expecting the same amount of new studio additions like in 2018, they clearly still have the intention to grow further in specific areas.

Yea true.

The next gen is around the corner and XGP is starting to gain momentum.

My opinion but MS need to start acquiring more and more

craven68

Jun 20, 2018

It will be interesting to see the direction Microsoft Studios will continue this year. While on a personal level I'm not expecting the same amount of new studio additions like in 2018, they clearly still have the intention to grow further in specific areas. While in general their future strategy regarding Game Pass, xCloud and next-gen is kinda obvious and almost transparent by now, there are still a lot of unknown variables. What role will the Asia market play for them? How will they strengthen Mixer even more? How will they tie-in PC gaming into their plans, also with a look at the Windows Store ecosystem? Maybe CES will give us some more answers, but the bigger picture will probably becoming more clear - including Microsoft Studios role - at E3.
When are we going to get info from the CES ? i saw nvidia already did a conference, but didn't find info on microsoft keynote :/

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
I was just thinking Ready at Dawn might be linked with the moon (and balloon).

Or perhaps I'm just going mad trying to guess who it is.

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Sounds like Certain Affinity's Transformers game is processing nicely. Today it was announced that they extended the budget for developing the game from 15 mln $ to 33 mln $. http://www.files.services/files/359/2019/0107/20190107193001_98375428_en.pdf

The Game Development is progressing well with approximately 50% of the Open Beta version completed. With the increase in the principal amount of the Loan, which is essentially the development budget for the Game, Certain Affinity will be able to develop and produce the Game with richer content, such as in the form of more characters, more levels, challenges or missions and a bigger game universe, and prepare to make the Game available on PC.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Status
Not open for further replies.