• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Microsoft Studios |OT3| I thought they were supposed to be sold off by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2017
"That guy who was accused of being a pedophile, if it's true they should grab their studio." Like... really?
I’ve brought up Gearbox before and people here said “no” because Randy is shit. If Randy has to sell off, leave the business and go far away, you’d let a decently large studio of people go under because they were tainted by who could be their former boss? I don’t think it’s gross to speculate who’d lead that studio if Randy is going away. What Randy potentially did is gross and evil. Not the rest of those employees.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I didn’t communicate that properly. I didn’t mean get them back with Bungie. I meant group those 3 together without Bungie. If Certain Affinity keeps growing, maybe it’s something developed by them.
Possibly. CA have worked with 343 before, Staten obviously works for MS, and Marty has always said he'd be willing to partner with them again if asked. So they have no issues working with Microsoft. If the opportunity came, and all parties were free, it'd be pretty neat.

Oct 25, 2017
I’ve brought up Gearbox before and people here said “no” because Randy is shit. If Randy has to sell off, leave the business and go far away, you’d let a decently large studio of people go under because they were tainted by who could be their former boss? I don’t think it’s gross to speculate who’d lead that studio if Randy is going away. What Randy potentially did is gross and evil. Not the rest of those employees.
You don't see whats wrong with paying off a potential pedophile, taking advantage of a disgusting situation to play executive on MS's shopping list? MS isn't going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole at arm length, T2 who is their publishing partner will have to negotiate that fucking mess if it's true. You don't jump at that sort of situation, at most you put a feeler out to grab talent or set up a team nearby. Plus some of his management appear to have known about it, it's not just Randy. I thinks it's a pretty distasteful conversation for this thread, I don't think thats a weird opinion at all.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
You don't see whats wrong with paying off a potential pedophile, taking advantage of a disgusting situation to play executive on MS's shopping list? MS isn't going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole at arm length, T2 who is their publishing partner will have to negotiate that fucking mess if it's true. You don't jump at that sort of situation, at most you put a feeler out to grab talent or set up a team nearby. Plus some of his management appear to have known about it, it's not just Randy.
FYI, accused =/= guilty. Until there's proof, he's as innocent as anyone else.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I say that in my post? "potential" "if it's true"
But you're acting like just because it might be true, that Microsoft shouldn't negotiate something at all.

In the end it wouldn't matter if it's true or not. Microsoft would have a AAA studio pretty much handed to them in a significant area, and Randy would be out of their hair.

Oct 25, 2017
But you're acting like just because it might be true, that Microsoft shouldn't negotiate something at all.

In the end it wouldn't matter if it's true or not. Microsoft would have a AAA studio pretty much handed to them in a significant area, and Randy would be out of their hair.
What did you even read my posts?

Nov 2, 2017
You don't see whats wrong with paying off a potential pedophile, taking advantage of a disgusting situation to play executive on MS's shopping list? MS isn't going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole at arm length, T2 who is their publishing partner will have to negotiate that fucking mess if it's true. You don't jump at that sort of situation, at most you put a feeler out to grab talent or set up a team nearby. Plus some of his management appear to have known about it, it's not just Randy. I thinks it's a pretty distasteful conversation for this thread, I don't think thats a weird opinion at all.
I was bringing them up before this thing but I see your point. Don’t want to dirty up this thread so I’m going to let it go.

Dec 22, 2018
Schofield would be an amazing addition to Xbox studios.

Creating a new studio with him would be smoother as he could get the Visceral guys back together.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind them picking up IO Interactive, it seems pretty shitty what WB is making them do with Hitman 2 being released all upfront and $60 for the HD collection.

Dec 22, 2018
I wouldn't mind them picking up IO Interactive, it seems pretty shitty what WB is making them do with Hitman 2 being released all upfront and $60 for the HD collection.
Then and 4A are the studios I'd be thrilled to see them buy.

IO working on a Freedom Fighters reboot. Oh yes

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This thread has really gone to shit in the last couple of pages eh. Hopefully we can get back to more grounded, mature, sensible and realistic discussions about the future of Microsoft's first party endeavours.
Do what needs to be done Phil....
They would if they could I'm sure, but licensing issues will no doubt prevent that. Both of the musical and vehicle kind. Surprised Kamiya is a FH fan though.

MCD

Oct 27, 2017
Will sending him digital codes work?

In any case if MS wants, they can give him a copy digitally easily.

Any yes, Kamiya is a huge fan of FH. He even wanted FH music team to handle the music or at the least vocal songs in Scalebound.

Kamiya probably own the discs but wants to build a digital library for all FH.

Dec 12, 2018
I'm guessing, but probably because he's a huge fan of those games and doesn't own them digitally or he just became a fan of them playing Horizon 4 and wants to play the first two.
I wouldn't be surprised if he'd become a fan of the series the same way I did. Saw that Forza Horizon 4 had a really cool open world, heard that Playground was making an Open World RPG (though he probably has more information than I do), and decided to play Horizon 4 to see what they could do.

Dec 22, 2018
This thread has really gone to shit in the last couple of pages eh. Hopefully we can get back to more grounded, mature, sensible and realistic discussions about the future of Microsoft's first party endeavours.

They would if they could I'm sure, but licensing issues will no doubt prevent that. Both of the musical and vehicle kind. Surprised Kamiya is a FH fan though.

I wouldn't call acquiring Japanese developers a realistic endeavour.

Dec 22, 2018
1-2 Japanese studios would be in line with everything they're doing.
They have zero presence in Japan, and have no clue how things operate in Japan.

It would be a logistical nightmare for them and would end in tears.

It's better if they contract not acquire when it comes to Japan

Oct 25, 2017

The goal is to develop games to add to Game Pass to diversify the offerings. Given direction under Matt Booty, I think they would be fine to create whatever they want. The more Japanese the better. I would love to see things like Yakuza make its way to Xbox/Game Pass.

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Has a game ever sold 90 mil on a console alone? Thats a triple of what pokemon game do
That's besides the point. Saying it "wouldn't be GTA" because it would be exclusive is pretty ridiculous in my opinion. If anything, (and not saying I want this to happen but) it'd skyrocket Xbox One sales.

May 12, 2018

Did not Microsoft open an MSGP in Asia? Things must change there. A Japanese hub would be interesting, especially with the current policy of freedom in the projects.

Dec 22, 2018
Did not Microsoft open an MSGP in Asia? Things must change there. A Japanese hub would be interesting, especially with the current policy of freedom in the projects.
It's more likely to make sure all Japanese games are on Xbox and to contract.

Unlikely they acquire over there

Jul 9, 2018
It would be interesting to know what creative minds and/or studios actually reached out to Phil and team first to gauge interest in being acquired or starting a new studio. Both Glen and Jade seem like the ambitious type that would reach out to see if there was any mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.