• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
As someone who's live in British Columbia my entire life and only lived in the US for the past 4 years, I have a strong bias against Quebec and especially Montreal. Perhaps that's why I'm not fond of Compulsion, Typhoon and Jade Raymond.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Theory has a new Game Director, one of the designers on Hellblade and DmC is taking up a directorial role on presumably one of the new projects they kicked off after the acquisition was announced.

bfde601093643244.png

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
As someone who's live in British Columbia my entire life and only lived in the US for the past 4 years, I have a strong bias against Quebec and especially Montreal. Perhaps that's why I'm not fond of Compulsion, Typhoon and Jade Raymond.

So you and Quebec are like Trump and Mexico? Judging people based on anything outside of the content of their character is never a good thing.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great find once again, Rumble. Does that make 3 (probably) smallish teams on 3 projects right now and Ninja Theory?

Tameem, Tucker and Nelson are all working on games.

Then there's the VR game director Benoit Macon, who lists DEXER as the last game he directed. I suspect he's working on the current VR title Immortal Vader.

There is an another Game Director, Stephen Stanyon, but idk what he worked on or is working on now. Stanyon was promoted to Game Director nearly 4 years ago and hasn't put anything out, so I think he's working on Bleeding Edge with Tucker, who is a Creative Director.

Last edited:

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Legitimately garbage. WCW in its final years wasn't anything to be proud of.

I wish them the best of luck.

Nah.

It wasn't his fault though. I have heard many versions for the downfall for WCW. Russo had his hands tied up towards the end. Politics killed the company.
However, with the Time Warner merger, they also didn't want wrestling in their network. It was going to die eventually.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Yea...happens with all subscriptions honestly. Lol. I'm ok with that as I'm already saving hundreds of dollars a year on games by subbing to XGP. The best part is that it's easy to unsubscribe (though it should be easier...though I understand the tactic) when I want to save my monthly money.

Fine until it gets to expensive and to a point where customers feel cupped.
Netflix raised prices for the 4. time now already in 2 years or something like that.
I already think about going back to illegal streams.

At least a game subscription (especially on console) does not have that "other offer"

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Netflix raised prices for the 4. time now already in 2 years or something like that.

At least a game subscription (especially on console) does not have that "other offer"

Illegal streams for hundreds of movies/tv vs. $15/mo for the same content that I can cancel and renew at anytime....ok...that's laughable.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Illegal streams for hundreds of movies/tv vs. $15/mo for the same content that I can cancel and renew at anytime....ok...that's laughable.

The problem is value. If you increase the price over and over again without increasing the value for the customer, they might jump ship.
Especially quantity isn't a huge value proposition for Netflix anymore. People only have a limited amount of time to watch shows.
The service started at $7.99. That's a 62.5% increase already.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
The problem is value. If you increase the price over and over again without increasing the value for the customer, they might jump ship.
Especially quantity isn't a huge value proposition for Netflix anymore. People only have a limited amount of time to watch shows.
To be honest I'd argue that the user value of netfix has tripled or more since it was 7.99. I feel like the amount of original content is substantial, and it's only been growing.

As far as price goes I'm not worried. My mom pays the sub. She shares it with my 2 siblings and me. I give her 30-40$ a year. So I'm only paying like 3 bucks a month.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
To be honest I'd argue that the user value of netfix has tripled or more since it was 7.99. I feel like the amount of original content is substantial, and it's only been growing.

As far as price goes I'm not worried. My mom pays the sub. She shares it with my 2 siblings and me. I give her 30-40$ a year. So I'm only paying like 3 bucks a month.
This seems like oddly personal information to share.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind MS increasing gamepass price if they get rid of Gold.

Just a thought!

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

People don't steal because their subscription service that offers more value every year goes up by $4. They steal because they're crooks and assholes.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
So you and Quebec are like Trump and Mexico? Judging people based on anything outside of the content of their character is never a good thing.

I dated a girl from Quebec, turned into a fking nightmare, could be why or maybe I'm not fond of French culture

I did all of my schooling before college in Surrey and we never had to learn French, would of been the opposite if I grew up in Montreal.

Also IIRC Jade Raymond is from Ontario, I really haven't been too fond of her ever since she got plastered and slammed Keifer Sutherland at the Game Awards in 2015.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Hoping that extra year of development lets Coalition make Gears 5 a little bit longer than 4. Maybe 15-20% longer.

At least 10-12 hours. I'm sick of these 5-6 hour long campaigns. Especially if they're going more/semi open worldish with the skiff.

Dead Space 1 and 2 were about 10-14 hours long so I'd say that's a pretty good length especially since a lot of people are invested in Gears story and campaign.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
At least 10-12 hours. I'm sick of these 5-6 hour long campaigns. Especially if they're going more/semi open worldish with the skiff.

Dead Space 1 and 2 were about 10-14 hours long so I'd say that's a pretty good length especially since a lot of people are invested in Gears story and campaign.
Most of the games I play are around 8-12 hour campaigns, Gears 4 included. Then again I usually play on the second-hardest difficulty. That said I'd LOVE a 15-20 hour campaign. I need more story! MORE!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
People don't steal because their subscription service that offers more value every year goes up by $4. They steal because they're crooks and assholes.

I always used to say this in college, I had friends that pirated stuff, one of them in particular kept saying he shouldn't have to pay for stuff that was available for free on TV. I tried to explain that cable wasn't free and he paid for that already, so he should use that, but he said he didn't pay for it, his parents did.

I also used to pirate things a lot when I was a kid, but I did it purely because I didn't want to pay for stuff. Netflix didn't exist yet and I used my money for video games and fast food.

I'd argue Netflix has definitely increased the value of its service year to year. 2017 they had something like 400 original pieces / distribution deals, and in 2018 it was closer to 600. I think 2016 was below 200. Feel free to double check those numbers because I'm ball parking a bit, but the point is it's going up. Not all of those originals were 10/10, but if you want to only pay for the very best shows, you should just buy them by the series on Amazon or Xbox Video, much cheaper in the end.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I'd agree that the value of Netflix is significantly better today than it was was when it was cheaper. It used to be I was searching for a handful of movies a month that I hadn't already seen, where as now we literally have more shows per month that we would like to watch than we have time for.

To be honest, XGP already feels like that for me as well. I have been playing a ton of FH4 and looking forward to Crackdown while my son has been loving Zoo Tycoon. All the while, I still have yet to really play SoT or SoD.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
I agree Gears Pop is probably launching soon. by the end of spring I imagine it will be out. id be suprised if they took longer than that.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Most of the games I play are around 8-12 hour campaigns, Gears 4 included. Then again I usually play on the second-hardest difficulty. That said I'd LOVE a 15-20 hour campaign. I need more story! MORE!

This is a total pipe dream but I wish that Coalition and 343i would focus 100% on the story and single player/co-op side of things

Then have Splash Damage and Certain Affinity handle the multiplayer parts and run those as service games with content updates throughout the gen.

Having the Halo and Gears multiplayer components are part of Game Pass would probably drive subscribers up, and just make an epic 15-20 hour SP Campaign to put on Game Pass and sell as a 60$ game.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
This is a total pipe dream but I wish that Coalition and 343i would focus 100% on the story and single player/co-op side of things

Then have Splash Damage and Certain Affinity handle the multiplayer parts and run those as service games with content updates throughout the gen.

Having the Halo and Gears multiplayer components are part of Game Pass would probably drive subscribers up, and just make an epic 15-20 hour SP Campaign to put on Game Pass and sell as a 60$ game.
343i already pretty much has done that with 5 and with the fixes to MCC. all are on gamepass already and so will future titles.
343 needs to focus on that campaign but I have zero doubt that they can make a good mp. The Coalition on the other hand well they are already fine, I just want to see what changes they make to the series with 5.

You dont need to split the mp from these games. and quite frankly it doesnt make much sense to.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND

While this might seem like a great idea, this may not work out the way you expect it to.
For example, wasn't it Certain Affinity that did the DOOM multiplayer while ID did the campaign?
I feel unless there's a decent amount of direction or internal devs working alongside an external studio, the multiplayer may feel more tacked on..... like DOOM's.... there was nothing wrong with it, but it didn't stand out either.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
343 and Coalition need to get better at delivering a modern GAAS experience for their multiplayer that keeps a larger userbase engaged with the titles for years, not outsource the most important part of their respective games.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Coalition needs to revamp their MT's. I have no doubt that MT's will be in Gears 5 but they need to dial it back and make the rate you earn credits more reasonable.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
If Glen Schofield was to create a new horror franchise for Xbox, what would you want the major influences to be?

Event Horizon was the main influence for Dead Space, with RE 4 being the main gameplay influence.

For a new franchise and successor to Dead Space:

I think Schofield should look at The Thing as the main inspiration for the story, setting, monsters.

For the gameplay, Silent Hill, because no one makes games like SH anymore.

These are my ideas how about you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.