• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'd fully expect Age of Empires to come to xbox via Play-Anywhere.

The current rumors on that and Warcraft make me wonder about Controller support though.

Would you really release RTS's on Xbox that have no form of controller support?

Oct 26, 2017
After the comments made by Obsidian a while ago about how Microsoft were looking to acquire studios and how their acquisition wasn't announced at E3, today's news that Pillars 2 only sold about 100000 copies seems to be the reason why this time they said yes.

I'm happy about the acquisition, assuming it'll get a confirmation soon, but it's a shame it had to happen this way.
pillars 2 only sold 100k?

=(

I bought it.

=(

Oct 26, 2017
Blizzard is not going to limit their games to one console. Not artificially anyway.

Its possible Microsoft would allow m/k only games and Sony would require controller input as well. Doubtful though.
depends this is new blizzard. maybe it was Microsoft and relic that remade warcraft 3?

but, I could see it being a *console exclusive.

* meaning consoles that support keyboard and mouse

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds amazing to me lol

I mean, that's going to solely depend on the game.

Also a studio acquisition is nice, but given I know about obsidian it would really just be a like, oh well that's cool I guess. Glad we have confirmation.

Idk. I'm just having a hard time getting hyped about one game that may not even be for me.

At an E3 with multiple games, there's a good chance something will be exciting for me personally.

What if the new game is a new Viva Pinata?????

WELL THEN THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY.

Truth be told, knowing Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC is enough that I feel like I can take something positive away from this. I'm just hoping for something hype worthy.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
depends this is new blizzard. maybe it was Microsoft and relic that remade warcraft 3?

but, I could see it being a *console exclusive.

* meaning consoles that support keyboard and mouse

No. Blizzard Classic is doing the remaster. They have been working on it for one year now. It will have full compatibillity with the original. Hence it running on an engine from 2001. No way it's coming to Xbox.

Same team as SC:Remastered.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Titles on the Xbox Store with only M&KB support sounds like a nightmare if there isn't a obvious banner. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are the only titles I can think of with such a use and technically, you can still play those if you want to sing only.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
If you liked Hellblade, I think you'll like this game. I would expect it to be the same format anyway, AAA cinematic narrative driven game. Releasing in early 2020. Book it.

Have not played it but I am interested.

I will certainly be interested to see what we see. Just not "hyped." .idk :/

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Also a studio acquisition is nice, but given I know about obsidian it would really just be a like, oh well that's cool I guess. Glad we have confirmation.

Idk. I'm just having a hard time getting hyped about one game that may not even be for me.

At an E3 with multiple games, there's a good chance something will be exciting for me personally.

Truth be told, knowing Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC is enough that I feel like I can take something positive away from this. I'm just hoping for something hype worthy.

Sunset will be nice IMO. Especially if it is a combo xbox enhancement announcement

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Completely feel that. Very unnerved by the lack of hype surrounding the event.
While I'm not expecting E3-2, I'm hoping for a good output from MS that really shows things turning around for whatever someone feels they need to work on.
I personally, will be bummed over a show that is heavily focused on updates for already released games and the like. New reveals of any sort are what i'm most interested in.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm not expecting E3-2, I'm hoping for a good output from MS that really shows things turning around for whatever someone feels they need to work on.
I personally, will be bummed over a show that is heavily focused on updates for already released games and the like. New reveals of any sort are what i'm most interested in.

Yeah, and given the amount of updates like, that's plenty they could stretch out over a lot of that hour or two the stream will go. Plus the way they talk about it. Idk. It just seems like, yes there will be new things, but ultimately as a way to spice up a show that just seems like an info dump of nice features and updates and some DLC.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Titles on the Xbox Store with only M&KB support sounds like a nightmare if there isn't a obvious banner. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are the only titles I can think of with such a use and technically, you can still play those if you want to sing only.
Those games can be played with a controller.
I don't see why they wouldn't allow the use of a controller, even just through allowing players to remap buttons. Even from an accessibility point of view it makes sense. Limit it to offline modes maybe, but it works in Halo Wars or Aven Colony really well.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think we are going to see a set of games getting announced along with the keyboard and mouse that will only work with the keyboard and mouse.

the controller will only be able to select the guide button
You can use a keyboard to navigate the dashboard right now. Windows key brings up the guide.
Those games can be played with a controller.
I don't see why they wouldn't allow the use of a controller, even just through allowing players to remap buttons. Even from an accessibility point of view it makes sense. Limit it to offline modes maybe, but it works in Halo Wars or Aven Colony really well.
there is a reason traditional pc games don't come to console, its extremely hard and expensive to redesign your game around another control scheme, especially when the results are usually not too great.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
A good Crackdown showing would make this show. And Klobrille has now promised on Twitter that we will be happy with the state of the game come this weekend. Just expect that and you won't be disappointed.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yeah, and given the amount of updates like, that's plenty they could stretch out over a lot of that hour or two the stream will go. Plus the way they talk about it. Idk. It just seems like, yes there will be new things, but ultimately as a way to spice up a show that just seems like an info dump of nice features and updates and some DLC.
We know this will be an Inside Xbox special but we don't know if there will be changes to format or presentation. I would say to wait and see. With the amount of stuff they've announced they're going to show, I really don't see them doing the traditional 15 minute long developer interviews that we're used to in Inside Xbox.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll be mainly updates with maybe ninja theory announcing something.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Since the twitter seems to be teasing the contents of the show every day leading up to it.
Will be interesting to see what they list as being part of the show Thursday and Friday. I'm assuming the closer we get the bigger the tease of what might be there.

Like on friday
"World Premiere of an Upcoming Exclusive"

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kindred spirits I see. I don't own a Xbox right now, but it's easily my favorite of the big 3. It's been difficult to have to pick 2 of the 3, and I want Microsoft to be successful on the exclusives side to give me another reason to make them my primary platform again.

This is also my favorite place on Era because of the genuine conversation and relative absence of toxicity and negativity.

Same here.

Right now, I'm mostly invested in their first party efforts thanks to their PC efforts.

Once I feel good about Xbox, I'll probably jump in on the platform.

Why do you say it's MS guilt not to release another Banjo?

Like others told you it's totally in Rare's hands to greenlit the project.

Because Microsoft in the Mattrick era mismanaged just about all their studios.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Since the twitter seems to be teasing the contents of the show every day leading up to it.
Will be interesting to see what they list as being part of the show Thursday and Friday. I'm assuming the closer we get the bigger the tease of what might be there.

Like on friday
"World Premiere of an Upcoming Exclusive"
They posted 3 bullet points on "7 Days Left", nothing the next day, 3 bullet points on "5 Days Left", nothing the next day and 3 bullet points today.

I think we will get 3 tomorrow and 3 on Friday. However, I do NOT think you will see "World Premiere of an Upcoming Exclusive", I think we will see that there but more than likely they will tease it as "REDACTED GAME" or a cop car emoji with "SPOILER ALERT". That seems like what Xbox marketing would do.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The Xbox Humble Bundle tease Klobrille posted I hope means a rad Xbox bundle revealed at X018

They posted 3 bullet points on "7 Days Left", nothing the next day, 3 bullet points on "5 Days Left", nothing the next day and 3 bullet points today.

I think we will get 3 tomorrow and 3 on Friday. However, I do NOT think you will see "World Premiere of an Upcoming Exclusive", I think we will see that there but more than likely they will tease it as "REDACTED GAME" or a cop car emoji with "SPOILER ALERT". That seems like what Xbox marketing would do.

That makes sense. Would be a good way to do it too.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
We know this will be an Inside Xbox special but we don't know if there will be changes to format or presentation. I would say to wait and see. With the amount of stuff they've announced they're going to show, I really don't see them doing the traditional 15 minute long developer interviews that we're used to in Inside Xbox.

I hope not. I'm just worried that we will get a bunch of interviews that won't say a lot but will take a lot of time.

That 2 hours does not make me hopeful. It's too long for a focused show I feel like. Especially when we know it's going to involve a lot of feature announcements.

Idk. I'm just being pessimistic I guess. I'd like a good show but I think we're going to just get a longer Inside Xbox with a couple bigger announcements.

OH WOW. Not sure how I missed this.

Oh.... Well then.

That is interesting.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hopefully this is similar to the PS bundles (If it is that) and it has numerous third party throwing a game or 2 in.

Capcom, Sega, and THQ Nordic would jump in for sure.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Thank you. No idea how that fell under the radar but that's a pretty big deal because they've never had Xbox games in Humble Bundle.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they go crazy with the resellers. Been hoping for this kind of stuff since they announced that new package format.

Jan 4, 2018
What if...
We haven't been looking where we should?
I think that has already been posted here but I'll post it for reference.

This exchange seemed a really nice thing but got me thinking at how they tended to buy (in Compulsion Games) or allegedly buy (in Obsidian's case) people that are about to release Gearbox published games.
I know it's bigger than what would be the average aquisition (though they have 2 teams, with 1 formed by AC people formed in 2015)
It's no secret Borderlands was great and sold great too, but that money only last so much and lately they passed through many problems and had unfortunately undersold, in some cases severely.
Randy Pitchford is a great game maker that lacks ressources and have 3D Realms and Bethesda people, he can do it if afforded to just care for making a great game. (+ they have another team!)

Bonus points if maybe Todd Howard might consider might feel like doing something new hahaha
The dream would be both Randy and Todd each with 200 devs and let them go crazy and release what they feel like in Game Pass for all of us to enjoy hahaha

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this is similar to the PS bundles (If it is that) and it has numerous third party throwing a game or 2 in.

Capcom, Sega, and THQ Nordic would jump in for sure.

Would be arguably superior to the PS bundles because those were US only. Xbox game codes are region free on all accounts.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
That's one way to look at it, but Phil said he decided to give it more time because, while it looked good, it didn't feel like a proper Crackdown game, so they put it back in the oven a bit longer.

To me, that speaks to how much they value the IP and how confident they are it can be done.

Yeah, I mean, if Spencer didn't think more time would make a difference then they would just cut their losses and release the game. It's a good sign that the leadership of Xbox believe in Crackdown 3's potential.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
What if...
We haven't been looking where we should?
I think that has already been posted here but I'll post it for reference.

This exchange seemed a really nice thing but got me thinking at how they tended to buy (in Compulsion Games) or allegedly buy (in Obsidian's case) people that are about to release Gearbox published games.
I know it's bigger than what would be the average aquisition (though they have 2 teams, with 1 formed by AC people formed in 2015)
It's no secret Borderlands was great and sold great too, but that money only last so much and lately they passed through many problems and had unfortunately undersold, in some cases severely.
Randy Pitchford is a great game maker that lacks ressources and have 3D Realms and Bethesda people, he can do it if afforded to just care for making a great game. (+ they have another team!)

Bonus points if maybe Todd Howard might consider might feel like doing something new hahaha
The dream would be both Randy and Todd each with 200 devs and let them go crazy and release what they feel like in Game Pass for all of us to enjoy hahaha

This is crazy talk. Gearbox publishes games and we already know (as it's been leaked extensively over and over again) that Borderlands 3 is in development.

Oct 25, 2017
OH WOW. Not sure how I missed this.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.