• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I just love this picture way too much and it'd be a crime not to share.

Dtx2uuuWoAAdu2-.jpg

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Yeah, I'd be shocked if Microsoft didn't have something Marvel in the pipeline. Marvel Games are clearly not discriminating.
Almost anyone? Ultimate Alliance 3 is being made by Team Ninja. Microsoft could have any of their studios work on it, they could approach a Team 2 at Insomniac, Platinum, they could contract a Capcom or Sega studio, etc.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, I'd be shocked if Microsoft didn't have something Marvel in the pipeline. Marvel Games are clearly not discriminating.

Almost anyone? Ultimate Alliance 3 is being made by Team Ninja. Microsoft could have any of their studios work on it, they could approach a Team 2 at Insomniac, Platinum, they could contract a Capcom or Sega studio, etc.
This is exactly my reasoning. After Spider-man the arguement could have been made that Marvel was heavily, heavily curating what games were made, but a rough-looking Switch exclusive doesn't really fit that billing.

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Who owns Obsidian's new IP is it Take Two or Microsoft? I understand it is their last multiplatform game but does the IP have a future with Obsidian?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obsidian's new game looks more Fallout than any of rhe 3D Fallout games did tbh. Looks pretty ambitious and well done, a bit rough with the framerate so far but very promising.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Even if I'm misinterpreting it that means halo 3 sold 6.4 million copies after it's first holiday season. Even if halo 5 did half that than it still would be at 8.2 million.

I just don't see any indication that H5 would do half what H3 did.

In 3 months H3 sold in the US what H5 sold world wide in the same timeframe. H5 debuted with less then half the sales of H3 in the UK and dropped like a rock in pal charts.

I think after 5 years on the market, H5 might have came close to half of what H3 sold in that timeframe were it not for Gamepass.

Last edited:

tgrfawcett

Oct 25, 2017
Utah
We are assuming for sequel also, if the game does well I think MS will buy the publishing rights from them.

I would imagine they would if it sells well, if they can get Private Division to sell that is. It would get them off the ground quick with an IP that people generally have an interest in. Do you by chance know of an article or something that discusses all this?

TruthSeeker

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
If MS can't get the publishing rights... or work out an Exclusive Xbox echo system deal (xbox/Win 10 exclusive)... the franchise I think is dead. Because MS will want Obsidian to focus on Xbox echo system exclusive content post Outer Worlds launch and on...

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This IP will be huge, as I mentioned in the thread, Microsoft will lock this shit down for Scarlett.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Fair point but lately people seem to be focusing so far into the unknown it isn't unreasonable to discuss the right to this IP at the very least.
There isnt much to discuss. Obsidian owns the ip, and microsoft owns them. We can kind of work out the possible scenarios, but the writing is on the wall, and that is if there is a sequel, which we dont know. This will either be a one off, or microsoft will publish sequels. They didnt buy obsidian to let somebody else publish future titles

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
Outer Worlds looks amazing. MS was smart to bring in Obsidian. This looks like it's going to be the next big name in rpgs.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
This was the only thing that had my interest in The Game Awards. Good to see that they are being ambitious, always good to see that they are still sticking to player agency.

Hope they hit it out of the park with this game.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just excited to see what Obsidian can do next generation with a sizable budget and their studio being expanded

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
3D Obsidian is back, and it's glorious to see. This is what they needed to show off. While it does look like a title on a bit of a budget, just having a proper RPG is reason enough to be ecstatic. It looks like it will be filling the niche Fallout is supposed to fill. Couldn't be more excited to see what Obsidian does in the future with even bigger budgets and more technical assistance from Microsoft. I love that it is first person.

Cain and Boyarsky need to keep on rolling in the 3D realm while Sawyer & Friends continue to knock it out the park with their isometric RPGs.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
3D Obsidian is back, and it's glorious to see. This is what they needed to show off. While it does look like a title on a bit of a budget, just having a proper RPG is reason enough to be ecstatic. It looks like it will be filling the niche Fallout is supposed to fill. Couldn't be more excited to see what Obsidian does in the future with even bigger budgets and more technical assistance from Microsoft. I love that it is first person.

Cain and Boyarsky need to keep on rolling in the 3D realm while Sawyer & Friends continue to knock it out the park with their isometric RPGs.
They have always wanted to do big budget RPGs. Hope they grow to two teams and they have what they need to make exceptional experiences.

Oct 26, 2018
If the outer worlds does become a Ms franchise ( multiple sequels) I hope it has more of a borderlands aspect, more colorful type of shooter.... Less post apocalyptic

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
So horizon 4 has already sold more than 3 even with it being on gamepass, must've done crazy numbers, since it was reported horizon 3 had surpassed 10 million sales.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Well that was a waste of Phil Spencer. At least explain better what Winter of Arcade is, or a Gears trailer... Something.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
Such a strange Xbox presence...DMC and Forza DLC is basically it, with an Ashen trailer for Epic and a mention from the ARK team about their new thing.
I was expecting a Winter of Arcade sizzle real, not a PR moment.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
Status
Not open for further replies.