• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I think we all know there will be at least one more acquisition, and from the sounds of it, there really isnt a limit, and they will continue as long as it makes sense.

I just wonder if they will be announcing more before e3 if they acquire any before then.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
Ashen and BELOW are so indie games and are in Polish.
Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 are much bigger games from Microsoft Studios and they AREN'T in Polish.
Crackdown, which was very niche game, especially in Poland (released just 4 months after Xbox 360 launch), and it is fully in Polish (voice + subtitles).
Crackdown 3 is another big game from Microsoft Studios which won't be in Polish.
I won't be suprised if Ori and the Will of the Wisps won't be in Polish as well, as the first game.
That's funking ridiculous and they're not seriously treating the customers.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
The Witcher 3 currently holds the title of my favorite game of the generation, maybe ever. So more games in that vein is always welcomed.

What I like about RPG's is how versatile the genre can be. It looks like Obsidian will continue to make RPG's like old Bethesda. Games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout. So I'd like it if Fable went the Witcher route. Give us a highly cinematic, third person RPG with a well crafted story. InXile is a wildcard. I wouldn't be opposed to them continuing isometric games. Variety is the spice of life so I don't want them to be too similar.

A superproduction of those that are very awarded in TGA (I do not agree with the TGA in that sense, FH4 should have been nominated for the best game).

Apr 18, 2018
Ashen and BELOW are so indie games and are in Polish.
Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 are much bigger games from Microsoft Studios and they AREN'T in Polish.
Crackdown, which was very niche game, especially in Poland (released just 4 months after Xbox 360 launch), and it is fully in Polish (voice + subtitles).
Crackdown 3 is another big game from Microsoft Studios which won't be in Polish.
I won't be suprised if Ori and the Will of the Wisps won't be in Polish as well, as the first game.
That's funking ridiculous and they're not seriously treating the customers.

I hope they take inclusivity more seriously when it comes to games and their ecosystem. Obviously games are up to the individual developers but I think this is an area where Microsoft could be doing a better job at providing support and incentives. They won't reach 2 billion gamers without expanding their horizons.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
So people,

Fable by Playground Games, or just whatever the open world RPG is. :)
My dream would be a game like The Witcher 2: short, but with a lot of choices and consequences. I don't want a linear story and I don't want to spend twenty hours to do boring quests.

Every quest must have different endings (but no good/bad endings, just different endings with some good and some bad things in each one) and consequences on the world and on the main story.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
If Remedy isnt announced by Jan 1st 2019 as an MS studio, I'm straight going to Phil's house, splicing DNA from his family cat and dog and making a fucking horse with furry cat nuts that licks people when its happy and buries bones in the backyard!....Watch!

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Remedy isnt announced by Jan 1st 2019 as an MS studio, I'm straight going to Phil's house, splicing DNA from his family cat and dog and making a fucking horse with furry cat nuts that licks people when its happy and buries bones in the backyard!....Watch!

If MS acquring Remedy is the only way for me to play Alan Wake 2, Im okay with it, if not, I don't see why they should be acquired. QB was a very mediocre. The only games I liked from them is Max Payne and Alan Wake.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
I think we all know there will be at least one more acquisition, and from the sounds of it, there really isnt a limit, and they will continue as long as it makes sense.

I just wonder if they will be announcing more before e3 if they acquire any before then.

It seems Microsoft want continued exclusives released throughout the year, to keep, and bring in new subscribers to game pass.

If studios take about 2-4 years per release, and some having muliple teams. They must be getting close but still havent hit that mark.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Hmmmm. The timing on this is interesting. If Microsoft is about to cross the finish line with another studio, I wonder when they'd announce it. It's gonna be hard to keep that under wraps until E3.

The next Inside Xbox has already been confirmed for February, I wouldn't be surprised to see them announce a new studio then instead of saving it for E3, if they save acquisition announcements for E3 I think people will get annoyed at having those in their briefings two years in a row.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If MS are really serious about PC gaming they'll ditch Win Store for gaming, buy Discord, and use their store instead - honouring the 90/10 split.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
If MS acquring Remedy is the only way for me to play Alan Wake 2, Im okay with it, if not, I don't see why they should be acquired. QB was a very mediocre. The only games I liked from them is Max Payne and Alan Wake.
Quantum Break is one of my favorite games this generation. Alan Wake was just boring to me. Plus it helps that Jack is a likeable protagonist, while Alan is a bit of a jerk.

I still believe QB stands up there with Sony's best when it comes to linear, narrative-driven games. I don't understand the dislike/apathy it got. We need more power-based shooters.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I do have to admit I don't feel confident about Crackdown 3. It feels like Microsoft puts a lot of positivity about it. But it like. Feels like not enough? But also too much at the same time? I don't know how to explain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.