• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Buy Sega and rebrand the new Xbox as Sega Xbox (only on Asia) then they will sell like crazy, Japan would be at their feet

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Glad they're improving things. They mention they're a small studio. I wonder if they'll be growing soon or maintaining that small studio size.
I thought I heard jez on Xbox Two say that he heard a guy form MS who has experience with rapid expansion was recently moved to compulsion. I can't remember the guys name tho. Might also be remembering it wrong too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
For accounting purposes, all MS would need to do is have EA make more than they would have made in interest on money they have just sitting there. That's how Minecraft was "profitable" for them right out the gate
Considering EA has 10,000 employees and the company would cost many, many times what Mojang did, that's not a very apt comparison.

Oct 26, 2017

Hmmmm. New studio news? Sure seems like it.

Yes.

To be Fair, Angry Joe even admits that he gives the score and then annual nomination based on Day 1 release.

He never saw the updates for SOT or SOD2.
And WHF could have been so much better. It is certainly a disappointment.

However, MS shouldn't be content being in anyone's disappointment list.

Agreed. It's not a good look and he has mentioned good reasons too. There is no reason that State 2 released like it did with all the bugs. No idea how it's at present day but at launch... was not good. Disappointing too because you expect better from a MS published game.

But with the dev now being a MS studio, MS clearly has faith in them. Hopefully we'll see great results. Same with Compulsion. I don't think their next game will be a early access game, and hopefully at launch it will be polished. No more werjd stuff like this going from here MS, please. :)

I hope we can expect polished games like you would expect from such a huge company. Games likes Gears 4, the Forza games and also Halo 5. Those were polished. Polished like Sony exclusives. Let's do it.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
This thread got me believing MS is about to acquire High Moon and we're going to get some legit Transformers games. Please don't do this to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Considering EA has 10,000 employees and the company would cost many, many times what Mojang did, that's not a very apt comparison.
And what would they get out of it? EA's most valuable asset is the FIFA license and that wouldn't just transfer to MS. The FIFA is greedy tho - they would make a MS-only FIFA veeery expensive for MS and hey, I kind of really believe that FIFA wouldn't be that lucrative without mtx. If the FUT fad goes away eventually and serious competition returns- FIFA is in trouble.
Integrating EA into MS would also be like transplanting cancerous flesh into your organism.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Also, let me just say that if (BIG IF) Coalition ever wanted to work on a new IP but MS wanted to keep Gears going, I would not mind High Moon taking a crack at it. Watch the Fall of Cybertron CGI reveal trailer to get an idea.

Again this is entirely hypothetical

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
What's that in the background?

Looks to me like the X018 background. Not that it means something special related to the quote.

X018RecapHERO-hero.jpg

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
What about Glen Schofield and Jade Raymond as heads of new MS studies?

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
So, what was this canceled game IO was working on for Microsoft? And when?
I don't remember anything about it.

Edit: https://prnt.sc/m5zgve
I found some article about that. But it was many, many years ago. Now, it's hard to find anything about that.

Obsidian was working on cancelled game for Microsoft. Obsidian is now part of Microsoft Studios.
IO Interactive was working on cancelled game for Microsoft. IOI is now considered to be part of Microsoft Studios.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I found some article about that. But it was many, many years ago. Now, it's hard to find anything about that.

Obsidian was working on cancelled game for Microsoft. Obsidian is now part of Microsoft Studios.
IO Interactive was working on cancelled game for Microsoft. IOI is now considered to be part of Microsoft Studios.

Let's not forget Level-5, Platinum Games and Mistwalker all had games done with Microsoft canceled too. Just saying, a man can dream.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I would argue shofield with a studio in the bay area is a lot more likely, but even if it isn't him, I think it's inevitable MS will have a bay area studio soon, about jade raymond it could be she's joining compulsion games, we simply don't know.
I doubt that Jade is joining Compulsion...they bought Compulsion on their work and leadership...putting another leader in there doesn't seem like a move they would do.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
IO considered a part of Microsoft? Jade may be lead to a new Microsoft studio? Wait, wha??

Rumors?

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
YEEEESSS!!!
NOOOOOO
I watched the video about him talking about Dead Space and at the end he says he'd like to make a game like that again sometime. Hey dude, I'm all for it! Bring it. Dead Space 1 was superb and 2 was great.
Spiritual successor to Dead Space? Or hell even offer to buy the IP from EA since they're not going to do anything with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.