• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Think Bungie would ever want to work with Microsoft again? Not as a 1st party, but moreso 2nd party. Then again, I'm not sure Joe Staten would want to work with them after Destiny.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Think Bungie would ever want to work with Microsoft again? Not as a 1st party, but moreso 2nd party. Then again, I'm not sure Joe Staten would want to work with them after Destiny.
A relationship between Bungie and Microsoft of first or second part would be something mediately incredible. Phil's tweet answering Bungie is his most favet tweet.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
So if any of he accusations of Randy Pitchford are true, what's the thoughts of Microsoft stepping in and buying him out and putting someone else in charge of the studio. They are based in Texas...a region Klobrille mentioned to keep an eye on.

All the stuff happening at Gearbox has to be embarrassing for the studio and I could see a brain drain of their better developers with all the turmoil surrounding the company. If Randy is the person people are accusing him of being, he's best off selling high (right now).

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
So if any of he accusations of Randy Pitchford are true, what's the thoughts of Microsoft stepping in and buying him out and putting someone else in charge of the studio. They are based in Texas...a region Klobrille mentioned to keep an eye on.

All the stuff happening at Gearbox has to be embarrassing for the studio and I could see a brain drain of their better developers with all the turmoil surrounding the company. If Randy is the person people are accusing him of being, he's best off selling high (right now).
Mine as well buy now while it's still a full house.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Crackdown 3.

I am sure it will. I thought that was the general consensus?

The game will at least survive thanks to GamePass. However, I have a gut feeling it won't be received well at all.
The way they're sending out with so little promotion and fanfare tells me Microsoft thinks the same thing. Hopefully it's solid, but it's out in a month and they still aren't talking about it.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What would make sense for both sides would be to acquire Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal from Square.

Make them a good offer and grab a talented studio doing 1st party Tomb Raider or like games for Microsoft.

This has to happen one way or another, as long as the new owner isn't as shit as Square. I need more Deus Ex in my life!

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The way they're sending out with so little promotion and fanfare tells me Microsoft thinks the same thing. Hopefully it's solid, but it's out in a month and they still aren't talking about it.

I am sure Spencer wanted the best for this game. (Multiple delays to make it better) but sometimes, a project is what it is. Not all of them will work.

I am just waiting for all the toxic comments of people cursing MS for canceling ScaleBound and not games like Crackdown.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I understand the difficulty of the game's development. If MS decides to stick with Crackdown, I would definitely be excited to see what can be done on more powerful hardware but realistic goals.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Crackdown's obviously not going to be a massive seller (even if it reviews surprising well), but it can have a lot of success on Game Pass.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_inline_pc16hiYVvl1vmtdfv_540.gif

Some of you are going way to far with the studio acquisition talk at this point.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Jez said there's a 0.00 chance Bungie and Microsoft get back together.

On another note, Staten has been kind of spinning in the wind at Microsoft relegated to projects like Recore. Hoberman and O'Donnell have their own small studios. What's the chances of getting the band back together for a new IP. They were able to perform magic once.

When you look at where Destiny doesn't stack up to the original Halo's, it's the cohesive world building, music and sandbox. Might be why the 800 employee behemoth can't recapture the magic.

Microsoft had multiple studios work on Crackdown so the strategy wouldn't be unheard of. Why it may work here is these guys worked together before.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I don't unde
Jez said there's a 0.00 chance Bungie and Microsoft get back together.

On another note, Staten has been kind of spinning in the wind at Microsoft relegated to projects like Recore. Hoberman and O'Donnell have their own small studios. What's the chances of getting the band back together for a new IP. They were able to perform magic once.

When you look at where Destiny doesn't stack up to the original Halo's, it's the cohesive world building, music and sandbox. Might be why the 800 employee behemoth can't recapture the magic.

Microsoft had multiple studios work on Crackdown so the strategy wouldn't be unheard of. Why it may work here is these guys worked together before.
0% chance. I don't think Staten andO'Donnell want to work with the guys that got them canned. Hell Marty sued Bungie and won, he probably wants to move on from them.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I don't unde

0% chance. I don't think Staten andO'Donnell want to work with the guys that got them canned. Hell Marty sued Bungie and won, he probably wants to move on from them.

I didn't communicate that properly. I didn't mean get them back with Bungie. I meant group those 3 together without Bungie. If Certain Affinity keeps growing, maybe it's something developed by them.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I still see a MvC Infinite like situation with Crackdown3, both commercially and critically. Visuals and animations seem to be the aspects where the game is just dated, story will most likely get criticized for it's "cheesey" tone which is something that we can expect from a CD game. However gameplay still is the thing that can surprise people which was similar with how people felt about Recore's movement mechanics and overall feel.

Both SoD2 and SoT were able to get some better impressions thanks to post-launch updates. I do hope we get to see some continued support for both Wrecking Zone as the singleplayer campaign. Keys to the city-like dlc would be really welcome.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
"That guy who was accused of being a pedophile, if it's true they should grab their studio." Like... really?

I've brought up Gearbox before and people here said "no" because Randy is shit. If Randy has to sell off, leave the business and go far away, you'd let a decently large studio of people go under because they were tainted by who could be their former boss? I don't think it's gross to speculate who'd lead that studio if Randy is going away. What Randy potentially did is gross and evil. Not the rest of those employees.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I didn't communicate that properly. I didn't mean get them back with Bungie. I meant group those 3 together without Bungie. If Certain Affinity keeps growing, maybe it's something developed by them.
Possibly. CA have worked with 343 before, Staten obviously works for MS, and Marty has always said he'd be willing to partner with them again if asked. So they have no issues working with Microsoft. If the opportunity came, and all parties were free, it'd be pretty neat.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I've brought up Gearbox before and people here said "no" because Randy is shit. If Randy has to sell off, leave the business and go far away, you'd let a decently large studio of people go under because they were tainted by who could be their former boss? I don't think it's gross to speculate who'd lead that studio if Randy is going away. What Randy potentially did is gross and evil. Not the rest of those employees.
You don't see whats wrong with paying off a potential pedophile, taking advantage of a disgusting situation to play executive on MS's shopping list? MS isn't going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole at arm length, T2 who is their publishing partner will have to negotiate that fucking mess if it's true. You don't jump at that sort of situation, at most you put a feeler out to grab talent or set up a team nearby. Plus some of his management appear to have known about it, it's not just Randy. I thinks it's a pretty distasteful conversation for this thread, I don't think thats a weird opinion at all.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
You don't see whats wrong with paying off a potential pedophile, taking advantage of a disgusting situation to play executive on MS's shopping list? MS isn't going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole at arm length, T2 who is their publishing partner will have to negotiate that fucking mess if it's true. You don't jump at that sort of situation, at most you put a feeler out to grab talent or set up a team nearby. Plus some of his management appear to have known about it, it's not just Randy.
FYI, accused =/= guilty. Until there's proof, he's as innocent as anyone else.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I say that in my post? "potential" "if it's true"
But you're acting like just because it might be true, that Microsoft shouldn't negotiate something at all.

In the end it wouldn't matter if it's true or not. Microsoft would have a AAA studio pretty much handed to them in a significant area, and Randy would be out of their hair.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
But you're acting like just because it might be true, that Microsoft shouldn't negotiate something at all.

In the end it wouldn't matter if it's true or not. Microsoft would have a AAA studio pretty much handed to them in a significant area, and Randy would be out of their hair.
What did you even read my posts?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
You don't see whats wrong with paying off a potential pedophile, taking advantage of a disgusting situation to play executive on MS's shopping list? MS isn't going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole at arm length, T2 who is their publishing partner will have to negotiate that fucking mess if it's true. You don't jump at that sort of situation, at most you put a feeler out to grab talent or set up a team nearby. Plus some of his management appear to have known about it, it's not just Randy. I thinks it's a pretty distasteful conversation for this thread, I don't think thats a weird opinion at all.

I was bringing them up before this thing but I see your point. Don't want to dirty up this thread so I'm going to let it go.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Schofield would be an amazing addition to Xbox studios.

Creating a new studio with him would be smoother as he could get the Visceral guys back together.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mind them picking up IO Interactive, it seems pretty shitty what WB is making them do with Hitman 2 being released all upfront and $60 for the HD collection.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I wouldn't mind them picking up IO Interactive, it seems pretty shitty what WB is making them do with Hitman 2 being released all upfront and $60 for the HD collection.

Then and 4A are the studios I'd be thrilled to see them buy.

IO working on a Freedom Fighters reboot. Oh yes

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This thread has really gone to shit in the last couple of pages eh. Hopefully we can get back to more grounded, mature, sensible and realistic discussions about the future of Microsoft's first party endeavours.
Do what needs to be done Phil....

They would if they could I'm sure, but licensing issues will no doubt prevent that. Both of the musical and vehicle kind. Surprised Kamiya is a FH fan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.