• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Here's a reminder Phil signed several new games just before E3 2017 that we may be seeing this E3 or by E3 next year.

If Microsoft approached Ninja Theory around that time, that's a pretty good reason to be optimistic. If Phil was given a little more leeway in terms of spending around that time, I am willing to bet he looked at prospective third-party partners for exclusives for the launch of next generation (not knowing if acquiring studios would work or was feasible).

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018

Act Man is an awesome Halo Youtuber

One thing that 343i need to do is increase the player cap. 24 players is unacceptable for a big team mode like Warzone, too many instances where I'm running around looking for someone

It NEEDS to be at least 64 players

The problem is map size and flow, not the number of players. If it's 32v32 then the map size will increase to accommodate the increase in players, but without changing how the map is played or the dead zones, nothing will change.

Battlefield has 64 player maps but has the same problems.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One thing that 343i need to do is increase the player cap. 24 players is unacceptable for a big team mode like Warzone, too many instances where I'm running around looking for someone

Nah he's a lame ass, one of those "anti sjw!1!" types.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
So is We Happy Few going to stay in Gamepass, or since it's published by Gearbox could that mean it might leave eventually?

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I want a proper villain for Gears 5, not another random Orc, something like a Názgul or a really intelligent locust would be fine.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
The problem is map size and flow, not the number of players. If it's 32v32 then the map size will increase to accommodate the increase in players, but without changing how the map is played or the dead zones, nothing will change.

Battlefield has 64 player maps but has the same problems.

Yah all I can say now is Warzone is a snoozefest

That other Warzone mode where it's basically capture and defend is more fun than the standard

Also Warzone Firefight blows ass

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
LOL, i've noticed that every time someone brings a youtuber to the table theres someone throwing shit to that youtuber
Whats wrong with the act man? he is not racist and i haven't see him talking about swj like someone said above
I refuse to link it to give him more views, but he has a video called "Feminists and SJWs vs Video Games".

And that's on top of comments he's made in other videos and twitter. The Halo community in general has issues with reactionaries that sours me on lots of Halo content creators.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Ninja Theory said they started talking to MS at E3 2017.

Perhaps MS signed Bleeding Edge as a MSGP exclusive before acquisition talks began.

Hey, hey. Now we're thinking!

I don't think AoE was part of the deal, and certainly not Gears Tactics.

Phil specifically talked about "signing" games, that means external partners, likely through MSGP.

Tactics is being co-developed with an external partner (I can't remember which studio), but it hasn't been in development long enough, I think, for it to be included amongst those.

We definitely have footage of it from 2017.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017

As soon as he said prometheans I closed the video. Like seriously dude.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Here's a reminder Phil signed several new games just before E3 2017 that we may be seeing this E3 or by E3 next year.

Ninja Theory said they started talking to MS at E3 2017.

Perhaps MS signed Bleeding Edge as a MSGP exclusive before acquisition talks began.

Is it possible talks with Playground had begun by then? From what I understand their open world action RPG was a key part of why they were acquired as well as why they were willing to be acquired.

Oh also the 'bold second entry' from a franchise from the last 4 years that Klobrille mentioned on Twitter a while back could have been one of those.

Last edited:

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Ninja Theory talking with Microsoft at E3 2017 is interesting, and brings up a few questions. Was Hellblade self-published by design, or because they couldn't find a publisher willing to? Since finances were rough, did they ever approach Microsoft about at least helping fund Hellblade through the ID@Xbox program?

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Ninja Theory talking with Microsoft at E3 2017 is interesting, and brings up a few questions. Was Hellblade self-published by design, or because they couldn't find a publisher willing to? Since finances were rough, did they ever approach Microsoft about at least helping fund Hellblade through the ID@Xbox program?
They've said in interviews that it was designed to be self published. They never pitched it.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
What happened to Forza Motorsport anyway? It just to be a 90+ series then slipped to the 80's which, while still great scores, the game isn't as favorably looked at as it use to be?

Why exactly is Turn 10 skipping this year?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
What happened to Forza Motorsport anyway? It just to be a 90+ series then slipped to the 80's which, while still great scores, the game isn't as favorably looked at as it use to be?

Why exactly is Turn 10 skipping this year?

It's just stale. Nothing truly broke about it. Needs more time between development cycles to iterate. I'm glad they're spending time to support the latest one and not rushing out another game.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
ya, I also suspect by the end of gears 5, JD will be 100% a main enemy.

I think its a Locust Retro virus that is infecting his arm, and JD slowly.

Gearing up gears 6 being Marcus, if he isnt dead, having to kill his own son, JD (who is now a general RAAM esque figure in the Swarm army)

That would be fairly interesting and depressing. Marcus has lost so much as it is. 😢

Jun 22, 2018
It's just stale. Nothing truly broke about it. Needs more time between development cycles to iterate. I'm glad they're spending time to support the latest one and not rushing out another game.
Forza 7 was really a let down. Especially at launch. I ran into tons of bugs. The AI was incredibly boring compared to past iterations. The single player progression wasn't as interesting or motivating.

They added some interesting things, but the game just wasn't nearly as fun as past entries.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
So Ready at Dawn opened a new studio in Portland and haven't had a hit game in some time.

IOI are also expanding into Malmo, and the last few years have been difficult.

These devs wouldn't be opening new studios without security.

So maybe they are being acquired?

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
So Ready at Dawn opened a new studio in Portland and haven't had a hit game in some time.

IOI are also expanding into Malmo, and the last few years have been difficult.

These devs wouldn't be opening new studios without security.

So maybe they are being acquired?
I want MS to have a presence in Oregon, Bay area and Texas, expecting to hear some good things this year on that end.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
They may have just found some investors.

That could be true...but that is some poor investments if someone doesn't have the plaform to bolster or resources to make them better. Looking at those studios narrowly, both are coming off of commercial failures. Usually that doesn't equate to expansion...

Unless someone is looking at them as being a piece to a greater puzzle or....

...they blew investors away with pitches for new IPs behind the scenes.

New IPs are always major risks. I could see Microsoft, Sony, Amazon or Apple investing to drive their platforms but on their own these studios don't seem like candidates for expansion. The only ones throwing money around irrationally are the Chinese giants so they could also be candidates.

We'd all be silly not to at least speculate about Microsoft. These seem to fit in terms of size and location.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, i've noticed that every time someone brings a youtuber to the table theres someone throwing shit to that youtuber
Whats wrong with the act man? he is not racist and i haven't see him talking about swj like someone said above
He's a gamergater and has said a load of transphobic shit, he's a real shitty guy.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
It's a movement bent on driving women and minorities out of the gaming community and development. Sexist/transphobic/racists the lot of them.
Is that true? Not trying to stoke flames but you seem very invested in this, which often leads to a skewed perspective. I'm completely agnostic on the whole thing and just want information on it.

EDIT: Seriously, not trying to stir anything up I've just never been clear on this whole thing. I googled it and it said GamerGate is the belief that representation and political correctness should work their way into video games, which some have rejected. So by this definition, wouldn't supporting GamerGate be a good thing? There's also something about a girl sleeping with journalist to get good reviews? Idk, there's a whole lot going on here.

Last edited:

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is that true? Not trying to stoke flames but you seem very invested in this, which often leads to a skewed perspective. I'm completely agnostic on the whole thing and just want information on it.

EDIT: Seriously, not trying to stir anything up I've just never been clear on this whole thing. I googled it and it said GamerGate is the belief that representation and political correctness should work their way into video games, which some have rejected. So by this definition, wouldn't supporting GamerGate be a good thing? There's also something about a girl sleeping with journalist to get good reviews? Idk, there's a whole lot going on here.
Gamer gate used that notion to harass and gather sexists and became a hate movement

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I don't have PC games. I don't game on a PC. Giving people options is exactly what I'm calling for. Give me the option of using a controller.
I fully understand that majority of gamers who play on PC use a mouse and keyboard while the vast majority if not well, everyone plays games on a console using a controller. Now think about this. Every PC game from now on ONLY allows you to play using a controller but NO mouse and keyboard. See my point in regards to Gears Tactics having a controller option on Xbox One?

PC games give you the primary option to play with - a mouse and keyboard.
Console games give you the primary option to play with - a controller.

Now imagine that you're forced to play games that aren't the primary way that everyone plays. Can't believe that no one sees or understands my point of view.

I know I'm late as hell but I agree with you both. I have 0 interest in playing with a keyboard and mouse. I see no reason why Gears Tactics couldn't be designed to handle either that or the controller.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I fully understand that majority of gamers who play on PC use a mouse and keyboard while the vast majority if not well, everyone plays games on a console using a controller. Now think about this. Every PC game from now on ONLY allows you to play using a controller but NO mouse and keyboard. See my point in regards to Gears Tactics having a controller option on Xbox One?

PC games give you the primary option to play with - a mouse and keyboard.
Console games give you the primary option to play with - a controller.

Now imagine that you're forced to play games that aren't the primary way that everyone plays. Can't believe that no one sees or understands my point of view.
I mean if it's between no port and a kB/m only port what's the big deal.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm late as hell but I agree with you both. I have 0 interest in playing with a keyboard and mouse. I see no reason why Gears Tactics couldn't be designed to handle either that or the controller.

I see it like this - console games are meant to be played with a controller. Porting a PC game to console but not being able to play said game with a controller completely defeats the purpose of porting said game to the console in the first place. I'm interested in playing Gears Tactics but if the game can only be played on Xbox One which is a home gaming console, then it's the same thing as if the game doesn't get ported to begin with because at the end of the day, I would no longer have interest in playing the game.

I mean if it's between no port and a kB/m only port what's the big deal.

See above and I would much rather not even see the game get ported to be perfectly honest simply because no controller option would have the same affect for me which is that I would no longer be interested in playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.